Quantcast

What You Can Do With A Logitech Revue, Google TV Day 4

Discussion in 'Google TV General Discussion' started by JimMariner, Oct 23, 2010.

1. JimMariner

JimMariner Member

October 22, 2010

[​IMG]

Boston (dbTechno) - The feature rolls on as we will today focus in on the accessories that make up the Logitech Revue with Google TV.

The Logitech Revue is going to include some strong accessories, as the device is benefitting nicely from the fact that Logitech certainly knows what they are doing in the hardware department.

Logitech is bringing the goods with some great accessories for their latest device, starting with the PC keyboard that ships with the Revue.

The keyboard is much more than your typical keyboard, as this is going to actually be able to control your entire home entertainment system, very nice indeed. We have yet to get our hands on the unit but with our review unit arriving today we will have a more hands-on report soon.

On top of the keyboard, there is also a palm-sized device that is going to act as a mini-keyboard of sorts, shrinking the main keyboard that ships with the Revue.

If you want to avoid all controllers completely, you can actually use your iPhone or Android device once you download the Logitech Harmony smartphone app and run everything that way.

The options in regards to how you control the Logitech Revue are going to open things up greatly in terms of allowing consumers to enjoy the unit in whatever way they want.

Don’t forget the camera accessory either, an add-on that is surely going to open up features of the Revue extensively.

Source

2. epho

epho New Member

@JimMariner. Again, sir, you mislead by stating that the Revue keyboard will control my entire home entertainment system.
    IT DOES NOT. It can switch on my TV, STB & AVR, for the benefit if doing Google TV, but if I then want to watch a DVD, I still need the remote for my AVR to switch to the channel that my DVD is connected to, and I need the remote for my DVD player to play and control the DVD.
    People, don't believe Jim, because it is not true. (I have the Logitech Revue).

3. Karen

Karen New Member

epho,

These posts by @JimMariner were not his words (see the Source link at the bottom of his FAQ posts). AND he posted them before he actually received his unit, so could not add his own comments on the actual truth of the matter. It is the original author who wrote the erroneous information (who admits that he has had no hands-on experience).

I also find it a little disturbing that Logitech left out many important things on this new remote.