Quantcast

what Motorola dvrs work with the revue

Discussion in 'Logitech Revue' started by joeydrunk1, Dec 4, 2010.

1. joeydrunk1

joeydrunk1 New Member

hey guys, I need to know wich Comcast Motorola dvrs work with the revue when you have it run through the avr. I e tried 3 and none work. the dch 3416 dct 3416 and dcx 3400. All sat the sale thing about the video signal being compromised. It's because of the stupid hdcp protocol.

So now I have to run my revue straight to my tv qnd then I use an optical cable to the avr for sound. Let me know if you has any ideas, thanx.

2. SpyderMS

SpyderMS New Member

Found an article on Logitech's support site about this. They don't say which one's 'do' work, but they do say which one's don't, which hopefully will help you some.

Revue Customer Care-Answers

3. JimMariner

JimMariner Member

Here is the best Info I have too

[​IMG]

Sorry for the non clickable links, this is a jpg of a pic Logitech had on their website a while back. That particular page now seems gone!

4. joeydrunk1

joeydrunk1 New Member

DAMNIT, I needed to click on the more info about Motorola. Thanx for the info buys but unfortunately I already know wich ones don't work, I need to know wich ones do work. I can't believe e logitech rodents have that info after nearly 2 months of this being released. when I talked to a guy a couple weeks ago he said he got this call all the time and he had a list of the ones that didn't work, but not he ones that did. I have it hooked up the alternate way it says too, without running it thru my avr. Does anybody have it hooked up to a tivo?

5. FoFa

FoFa New Member

my DCT6416 III works with it

6. sparkyscott21

sparkyscott21 Moderator Staff Member

7. TheSanTechnologist

TheSanTechnologist New Member

Tivo or AVR is going to give you the same problem. Also some of the Moto boxes cannot have both DVI/HDMI and component connected at the same time.

The AVR issue is having too many devices in the HDMI stream, regardless of it being tivo or and AVR.

8. rtalain

rtalain New Member

Mine works fine with the DCH-3416. No HDCP problems whatsoever. With my old Tivo setup, I would have to reboot the Tivo and unplug/plug in the TV for the handshake to take place again.

Ron

9. joeydrunk1

joeydrunk1 New Member

It's just because of the Motorola set top boxes, those ones that I mentioned, only allow 2 or fewer items in the lineup before the hdcp issue happens. I don't know why they make it like that, the hdcp compliance allows for some 100 + items to be hooked together.

10. joeydrunk1

joeydrunk1 New Member

I need to find a dvr that is able to have 3 or more items in the lineup and it workable with Comcast.

11. joeydrunk1

joeydrunk1 New Member

i had the pace rng 110 hooked up with it through the avr just fine but it isn't a dvr, it just a hd set top box. Does Pace make any dvrs?

12. TheSanTechnologist

This isn't correct information. Yes the HDCP security can support up to 124 devices, the standard only allows for 7 layers (i.e. 7 devices in a single chain)

13. joeydrunk1

joeydrunk1 New Member

That wasn't my point anyway wether its correct or not, my point still applies though, the hdcp supports well over 2 so they should follow protocol, its just stupid. I just need to find a dvr that's supported by Comcast that allows 3 or more devices hooked thru the revue and avr. I can't believe e Google didn't figure this out when they knew a huge percentage of people would be using Motorola st top boxes.

14. TheSanTechnologist

I think Logitech did think about this and included an Optical Audio out as another option so that an AVR didn't have to be in the stream. As far as a huge percentage, that is possible, however, I think that since they Partnered with DISH firstly, the priority was to focus on DISH STBs. Any DirecTV or Comcast customers they were able to also get was great, but not necessarily the focus in the initial release.

I think the issue is really Comcast and Motorola, and those companies putting a limit on the customer. Again, there really isn't anything more for Google, Sony or Logitech to figure out here.

15. joeydrunk1

joeydrunk1 New Member

Let me guess, you don't have an avr an your not subscribed to Comcast?

16. joeydrunk1

joeydrunk1 New Member

Time to buy an HDMI stripper!

17. TheSanTechnologist

I do have an AVR, and you are correct I'm NOT a comcast subscriber, nor do I have a Motorola STB. Even though my STB via DTV will pass through HDMI, to my AVR, to my Revue, I still choose NOT to run it through my AVR over HDMI, and use SPDIF.

18. joeydrunk1

joeydrunk1 New Member

How come you don't run it through your avr?! I wish I could do that, I get so sick of switching inputs on both avr and tv.