Quantcast

What is Maxthon Browser

Discussion in 'Maxthon Browser' started by Janurmas, Mar 20, 2013.

1. Janurmas

Janurmas New Member

What is maxthon browser? Could you tell me what are the pros and cons of maxthon browser?

2. BobinVA

BobinVA Member

Janurmas,

Maxthon is a browser which was advertised on this site 2 years ago and at that time,was compatible with Google TV.

It doesn't have quite the same look as Google,Firefox,etc. It's somewhat abbreviated.

Right now,it's incompatible with Google TV which means one can't download it as a working browser nor update one's previous versions.

I have an earlier version of Maxthon as one of my apps.

Bob in VA

3. rickbrown

rickbrown New Member

Maxthon is a china based free web browser for windows, maxthon provide unique features as the chrome provide. It is far more better than the IE in terms of GUI, browsing experience, high security.

4. retroben

retroben Active Member

5. sleepraider

sleepraider New Member

I read it has its own built in flash and it alluded to being different than the version of flash that comes with gtv boxes. Could this end the blockage of hulu, etc? Could this browser also end problems with closing popus when trying to watch flash (sports, etc) videos?

6. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

Not with the current operating system but I don't know what will be possible with the update to Android 4.2.2. My best guess is the answer will still be there is no way to change Google TV to a browser that Hulu won't block. Also, a different version of Adobe Flash won't work on Google TV now or at any time in the past.

7. bobz

bobz Member

You think with the new update whenever it comes -- will come with new flash player it not? You can go to adobe site and try to update to a new version but rt now its not doing anything.

8. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

It has already been stated, the new browser will not include Adobe Flash and as far as I know, it is unknown if any workarounds to enable Adobe Flash with the new Google TV operating system will be possible.