Quantcast

What is G2 GTV missing that you would like to see in G3 GTV?

Discussion in 'Google TV Feature Wish Lists' started by chopper, Sep 15, 2012.

1. chopper

chopper Active Member

Any thoughts?

I would like to see the OS fully integrated with my cable providers' DVR and perhaps even running on this device. This to me is what Google TV's name stands for. Googles ownership of Motorolla could kick start this idea as they make DVR's too or perhaps the DVR's could be sold to cable subscribbers as 3rd party units that simulaneously run GTV/DVR functions in an integrated way.

Give consumers an exiting new way to search DVR recorded content from within GTV with movie sheets and I think with the right marketing you would have an instant hit. GTV should also be able to offer suggestions for DVR recordings and manage recording conflicts on the fly in the background.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2012
  2. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

Not very likely to happen. This article (see link below) does a very good job of explaining why:

Why Google is going to sell Motorola's set-top box biz — Online Video News

3. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

It is unfortunate that Google can't make the Motorola DVR with Google TV. As I have stated a few times, my wants for Google TV are simple add Hulu Plus and Vudu with good apps, something on a par with the PS3. Also important is have an app and HD movies with Amazon Prime, rather than the web browser access and movies limited to SD, again on a par with the PS3.

• Like Like x 2
  4. chopper

chopper Active Member

Ahh, Catfish but wait what if they sell Motorola and keep the DVR division or offer a deal to potential buyers that would enable GTV integration with DVR/STB's. Also, how about a GTV box with Sage TV baked in?

5. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

I don't think Comcast, Time Warner, or the other big players want Google TV "piggybacking" on any of their boxes, dvrs, programming, etc. Dish opted in at the launch, but other than that there has been zilch in almost 2 years. The Comcast Xfinity internet content mostly doesn't work with Google TV. It's just about useless with a GTV device. Also Comcast owns NBC (which is a big part of Hulu) - and it's becoming rather obvious Hulu has no intention of striking any deals with Google TV for Hulu Plus either.

6. chopper

chopper Active Member

Your probably right cat! I guess the best chance for me to get DVR recorded content searchable via movie sheets on GTV is via a Myth TV set up and use GTV as the player. I wounder if Myth TV records in a format that GTV can play without trascoding?

7. DFox5

DFox5 New Member

I think Google TV has missed it chance to make it something that would have been very good but is now an obsolete piece of junk. The reason is that is does not have Vudu. Ultraviolet is also planning to have players so that means another app.

The Google TV would be better than all the others if it just included Vudu. I have the Sony GT1 and the little remote keyboard is what makes it way better than the rest.

8. malaugh

malaugh New Member

No need for a G3, just get G2 right.

1) Get the must have apps in the Google Play Store:

Amazon Instant Video
    Hulu
    Vudu

Make the apps real apps, not a glorified shortcut to the website.

2) Make more Android apps compatible with the Google TV

3) Get the restrictions taken off the browser, so its shows everything

4) Get the restrictions taken of the YouTube app, no more country specific stuff.

9. ColmARocK

ColmARocK New Member

Next device needs to be faster,more ram and better cpu. I want something faster than my cell phone.

Also, this could be done on a software update, we need VPN settings.

TV and Movie available outside the US,
    i.tv has have the informations.

Add visible tabs in chrome and a close button on each tab.

Possibility to adjust the volume in the pip screen. So i can watch a youtube video on mute and listen the tv in the same time.

GTV developers should stop dicting us how we should use the device and than giving us the flexibiltiy to use it like we want.

Envoyé depuis mon SGH-I747M avec Tapatalk