Quantcast

What Happened To Chromeboxes?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by CatfishRivers, Dec 20, 2017.

1. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

2. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

Well there is some good news for Chromebox fans (from the Consumer Electronics Show). Asus will be coming out with a new Chromebox in 2018. (It's supposed to arrive in the first half of 2018 - pricing hasn't been announced yet.) Here is some more information:

https://liliputing.com/2018/01/closer-look-asus-2018-mini-pc-lineup-chromebox-3-pn40-pb40.html

Also HP is coming out with two new Chromebox models aimed at the education market. They're due out April 2018. You can read more about it here:

https://liliputing.com/2018/01/hp-introduces-chromebox-g2-education-market.html

3. Labats49er

Labats49er New Member

Currently I'm on the Chromebox 1 ASus CN60 I3 chip,still works well,but won't be getting the Android Market update.Just purchased a Chromebox 3 it should be arriving tomorrow,won't be waiting for the Update unlike ASus CN62 owners.Went with the Celeron chip,it is 4k UHD capable...will be nice having the Android Market.Bought a Logitech WebCam for it...,will install Skype app. Former webtv'er,and its amazing how boxes have transformed!!

4. Labats49er

Labats49er New Member

The new Chromebox 3 arrived today...using it now.Tested 4k videos on Youtube,no stuttering problem like I had with CN60 I3 chip. Haven't really explored the Android apps yet...anxious to find out what apps will function properly.