Quantcast

What Happened To Chromeboxes?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by CatfishRivers, Dec 20, 2017.

1. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

2. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

Well there is some good news for Chromebox fans (from the Consumer Electronics Show). Asus will be coming out with a new Chromebox in 2018. (It's supposed to arrive in the first half of 2018 - pricing hasn't been announced yet.) Here is some more information:

https://liliputing.com/2018/01/closer-look-asus-2018-mini-pc-lineup-chromebox-3-pn40-pb40.html

Also HP is coming out with two new Chromebox models aimed at the education market. They're due out April 2018. You can read more about it here:

https://liliputing.com/2018/01/hp-introduces-chromebox-g2-education-market.html

3. Labats49er

Labats49er New Member

Currently I'm on the Chromebox 1 ASus CN60 I3 chip,still works well,but won't be getting the Android Market update.Just purchased a Chromebox 3 it should be arriving tomorrow,won't be waiting for the Update unlike ASus CN62 owners.Went with the Celeron chip,it is 4k UHD capable...will be nice having the Android Market.Bought a Logitech WebCam for it...,will install Skype app. Former webtv'er,and its amazing how boxes have transformed!!

4. Labats49er

Labats49er New Member

The new Chromebox 3 arrived today...using it now.Tested 4k videos on Youtube,no stuttering problem like I had with CN60 I3 chip. Haven't really explored the Android apps yet...anxious to find out what apps will function properly.

5. overtimeman

overtimeman Active Member

WOW! Forgot about being a member of the group.Didn't think it was still in around.Hadn't been in here posting since my Sony GS7 days.Use the Roku Ultra for my main streaming source.As far as Chromeboxes still using my first Asus Chromebox.Did order an Asus Chromebox 3 so I could have access to the play store.Sorta have the best of both worlds like the original GTV was supposed to be.Take care,Carolina Mike!