Quantcast

what happend to live streaming?

Discussion in 'LG Internet TV' started by ivey227, Jan 26, 2013.

1. ivey227

ivey227 New Member

I had my 55 LG GOOGLE TV for about 3mos now and has had no problems with streaming my sons basketball games, now today it says i need silverlight and i cant get it to download, What can i do? That was the main reason i spent the money on this tv to watch live games. Someone please help?

2. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

Which web site did you stream the games from? Is it NCAA college basketball? A little more information would be helpful.

You won't be able to download Microsoft Silverlight for GTV. However perhaps there is an alternative web site/solution.

• Like Like x 2
  3. ivey227

ivey227 New Member

Yes, it Bigsouthsports.com i had no problem watching my sons games in the past and then on Saturday, the website says i need silverlight.Any suggestions?

4. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

I am going to take this at face value, Bigsouthsports.com changed from Adobe Flash to Microsoft Silverlight and my only suggestion if that is true is to use a device that supports Silverlight, Google TV does not and unless I miss my guess, never will. As far as I know, the only device I own that supports Silverlight video is my Windows laptop.

• Like Like x 2
  5. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

Yes Chris's suggestion is probably your best alternative. I looked at the FAQ/help section of that BigSouthSports web site and they say both Microsoft Silverlight and Flash 10.1 are required to view all the streams. I noticed they use the NeuLion Flash plug-in for some of their streams - but unfortunately they switched to Silverlight for the games that are of interest to you.

If you don't want to buy a laptop (which is your best alternative) - you could try a site such as VIPBox and see if you can find the game there. However these are pirated streams and the video quality isn't the greatest - plus for most people with Google TV it is very difficult (if not impossible) to successfully remove the pop-up ads that block the screen. I'm able to do it but it took a lot of trial & error. In case you want to try it here is the link:

NBA Live Stream Online | Watch NBA Online | Watch NCCAB Online

Last edited: Jan 28, 2013
    • Like Like x 2
  6. ivey227

ivey227 New Member

Thank you both for your time and support! I really appreciate you both. I will just watch on my PC. :(