Quantcast

Well i just got hit with a redirect virus from a twitter link... can this be so??

Discussion in 'Google TV Help' started by Scuzzo, Aug 10, 2011.

1. Scuzzo

Scuzzo Active Member

i was just doing a bit of tweeting.. and i hit a link.. and it went this weird wikipedia kinda clone, after that every twitter link i hit was a google redirect... and it was not the real google page.. it was a mockup.. i ended up having to do a full factory reset... im not sure if there is even any virus protection out for android kinda devices.. but its a big nasty interworld out there.. so fair warning... if you do get a redirect... im pretty sure all you can do is go clean slate... loose all bookmarks, podcast, rss feeds,, but perhaps there will be a virus applet in the future...

watch those links...
    bad bad nasty internet..

2. trallyus

trallyus Active Member

Yep , I hate shortened urls and that is why I copy the links and paste them in to LongURL | The Universal Way to Expand Shortened URLs and if I see the link redirect or it looks funky I avoid it. Also I keep my twitter friends list to only folks I know. The only time I usually use LongURL | The Universal Way to Expand Shortened URLs is when I do a keyword search for google tv on tweetdeck or some other custom search.