Quantcast

Welcome to the site, please post an introduction thread!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions & Site Assistance' started by JohnDroid, Oct 5, 2010.

1. JohnDroid

JohnDroid Administrator Staff Member

[​IMG]

We are excited to create one of the first sites dedicated to helping people out with their Google TV questions. We aim to keep this site fun and friendly and ask that our members always show common courtesy and respect to all users, even the newbies.

With that said, we ask that all members please make an introduction thread. Tell us a bit about yourself, your gadgets and where you found out about us. That will better help us to serve you by gauging your tech/gadget experience.

Thanks in advance and remember: Let's keep this place informative and friendly!

If you need help starting your first thread, you can simply _CLICK HERE_ and we'll take you to a new thread created just for you!

• Like Like x 6
  2. playstupid

playstupid New Member

HI

I have a Droid X, ASUS NetBook and of course various PCs. Been using various Web TV products such as BOXI and TVersity. I also use Hulu, TV.Com and other live tv streaming apps.

Looking forward to integration of web and tv. I am especially interested in Live sports tv streamed to my pc and my DROID!!!

3. JohnDroid

JohnDroid Administrator Staff Member

Welcome to the site, glad to have ya... good collection of gear ya got too!

4. DroidXUSA

DroidXUSA New Member

Thanks again JohnDroid for another amazing forum for us DroidX-er's.

I will visit the forum often, as a recent BB-Storm defector to my new Droid X on Oct 5, 2010 I can only say doe's it get any better!

I too am interested in live tv streamed to my Droid X especially for watching my favorite Hockey Team ( Washington Capitals), here in the Nations Capital of Washington, D.C.

Lets go Cap's !!!!

Peace DroidXUSA.

5. rgweatherred

rgweatherred New Member

Hello all,

Just placed my order for the Logitech Revue and I can't wait for it to show up on my front porch. I'm consider myself an early adopter of technology and really enjoy messing around with the latest gadgets.

I will be pairing my new Revue with a Vizio 47" 240 Mhz LCD and I think the image quality is going to be outstanding.

6. palofbills

palofbills New Member

Hello to all. I met droid when i swapped my iphone 3g for my evo 4g ; i was hooked from day one.

i was looking for a non apple slate devise and learned about googletv.

The more i looked the more i lusted. I have indulged in tech tools ( toys ) for many years; however I had never made a major hdtv move; until today !!!!

after reading and stretching my budget i bought the Sony 40gti google tv at best buy this morning.

it replaces a 25 inch 6 yr old sony hdtv.

what a great upgrade. the picture is stunning. I have directv and nfl sunday ticket is my pasion.

The first 6-7 hours have been fun but a bit ackward ; I am learning the remote ; which I like.

I wish we had 100 % picture in picture ; a bit bummed some apps force tv off.

Looking forward to learning how to organize ; favorite biikmarks ; gmail; igoogle; facebook ; twitter.

i wish i could swap picture in picture ; tv bigger than web and vise versa.

Look forward to sharing my journey and learing with and from each other.

7. Karen

Karen New Member

Hello palofbills, and welcome!

I am going to get the Revue, since I don't need yet another TV, but not until the first part of November since I will be traveling. I also have DTV.

I can't wait to hear all of the things that you think are wonderful (and awful) about GTV.

Anybody have some insight into the PIP swap problem? I have never (unknown reason) used this function on my TV's, but can't you normally swap them?

alphawave7? hamdog? anybody?... you guys wanna help here?

8. alphawave7

alphawave7 Moderator Staff Member

Karen..this may be a 'feature' (limitation?) of the Sony itself..they call it 'dual view'..and info is quite sparse:
    Sony eSupport - Electronics - Support Information

Welcome palofbills!

Last edited: Oct 18, 2010
  9. palofbills

palofbills New Member

Karen:

Thanks for the reply. In re-reading my first post ; it is evident I need to improve my typing & spell check skills; lol.

That was with my remote; this is with my keyboard.

I have an appointment tomorrow for Best Buy's Geek squad to come to my house to complete my install.

Currently I have been unable to get universal remote functions to work on Sony remote; I am doing the 2 remote tango. As well; I could not get hdmi connection to work and audio is also patched together. I also have not attached my audio system.

Once these are installed I will give an update.

So far so good.

10. Karen

Karen New Member

palofbills,

Thanks for the additional info. I recommend that you start a new thread about the Sony TV with GTV. As far as I know, nobody else has mentioned purchasing one, and this could really help someone who does. Issues with remotes and audio may also apply to all GTV setups and be helpful as well. I hope the Geek Squad gets you all fixed up.

11. joeyspindler

joeyspindler New Member

hello all,
    got my Revue yesterday at bestbuy. I love it still learning all the ins and outs. look forward to an actual app market from android. I currently have a HTC Incredible phone that i love. I am a big supporter of Google and cant wait to see where this goes. Im not a avid poster but for sure a avid lurker. I look forward to the future with this forum.

12. alphawave7

alphawave7 Moderator Staff Member

Welcome joeyspindler! Don't hesitate to jump in..water's fine! :)

13. harley man

harley man New Member

hi to all you google tv fans love it so far got it on 11/28/10. i have the logitech revue and i just pick up the mini controller but any way hi and happy new year to all .

14. sparkyscott21

sparkyscott21 Moderator Staff Member

Hi Harley Man.
    I want to start by saying welcome to our forum.
    As you probably already know, GTV is emerging new form of media.
    Feel free to look around, as there is a lot of information out here to be learned, with more added all the time.
    If you have any questions, please free to ask away!

Thanks,
    The Google TV Forum Team

15. bobbalinks

bobbalinks New Member

Hi. My name is Bob Lake and I live in Montgomery, AL, USA. I have had a Sony GTV for a couple months. I use it a great deal, but find it an "alpha" product. Crazy bugs keep cropping up and the Shockwave player crashes very frequently. I'm fairly dissatisfied with this product but am sticking with it in the (vain?) hope that Sony/Google will fix the many problems with some firmware/software updates. Am I being too optimistic?

BTW, I watch on a 73" Mitsubishi DLP that I've had about 9 months and am quite happy with.

I use the Sony remote about half the time. The other half I use a full Logitech keyboard/mouse combination. I have uncovered most of the keyboard combinations that provide the Sony remote functionality. Anyone else doing this? I'd be happy to trade any info I've dug up this way.

So long,
    Bob

16. JayM

JayM New Member

Hello, I'm a newbie to this forum. Hopefully someone has already solved this issue.

I am having some issues connecting my GTV to my Pioneer AVR (567). No issues prior to the setup with the cable box. I followed the setup directions but no signal goes thru the AVR.
    STB>>>>>>>GVT>>>>>>>>>AVR>>>>>>>>HDMI connection on the TV. To make it work for the time being, I had to connect the STB>>>>>>GTV>>>>>>HDMI connection to the TV, then route the audio from the STB>>>>AVR. The reason I want everything thing on the AVR is one switch for all, STB,GTV, DVD, etc.
    If this is not the place to place this sort of issue, please let me know. After all, I'm a newbie.

Thanks, JayM
    Thanks.

17. harley man

harley man New Member

Last edited: Feb 27, 2011
  18. dansgotdepth

dansgotdepth New Member

I am old.
    Here.
    I am new.
    I have so much gear.
    Best Buy calls me for suggestions.

19. jmburnzy

jmburnzy New Member

Hello All,

Just wanted to say Hi. I just purchased the Sony NSZ-GT1 and love it. I mainly wanted to purchase a Blue-Ray player and saw this. I work as a System Admin and at home I am a techie Geek, love to get the latest and greatest toys. :). I have been very happy with the unit so far. I all ready have accounts for Netflix and Pandora so that was nice to setup. I also love the 7.1 audio. hooks up nicely to my 7.1 amp. I'll be paitient for other apps but love what it has all ready :) Very satisfied customer....

20. harley man

harley man New Member

hi and welcome JMBURNY to the gtv club happy to here your loveing your sony gtv