Quantcast

Weird Issue with Netflix

Discussion in 'Sony's NSZ-GS8 / NSZ-GS7' started by MikeG, Oct 19, 2012.

1. MikeG

MikeG New Member

For the last week or so there has been weird black characters covering the words in the episode info pop-up box. It just started out of nowhere, and I have no idea how to get rid of it. I have rebooted a few times since this started (for other buggy reasons), but these strange hieroglyphics won't go away. It is only on the words in the pop-up before you open the video, not anywere else. It doesn't impact the videos, but it's annoying because it obscures the description. I don't think I've ever owned a piece of equipment that has so many random issues. I'm getting closer and closer to boxing this thing up and taking it back. Anybody know if the Co-Star is this buggy?

2. googlethis

googlethis New Member

I think I am seeing this same problem except it only happens in the just for kids section. If I select the just for kids section after going into netflix and then I select a character, the description has some weird characters over top of the words.
    I don't see it anywhere else in the Netflix app.

Also the Netflix app seems to have been slightly changed sometime recently because I noticed when you scroll through movies, the animation has been slightly changed to where on the sides the last movie seems to slightly be overlapping the next one on the list. No problem there but I just noticed it last night.

3. MikeG

MikeG New Member

Yes, it was specifically with the kids section. I factory reset didn't fix the problem. After much consternation, I boxed it up and returned it. This was just the last in a long line of funky issues that made it too unreliable to keep. I appreciate all the help this forum provided though. I had considered splitting the difference and going with the Vizio Co-star, now that it's available on Amazon, but the reviews on that are pretty horrific. I'm probably going to just get a cheap laptop with an hdmi out and a wireless keyboard for my web streaming needs.