Quantcast

Webpage has a redirect loop Error 310

Discussion in 'Vizio Co-Star' started by wekebu, Apr 26, 2013.

1. wekebu

wekebu New Member

I need help please! We've been watching NHL GameCenter Live on our Co-Star for several months. Now we're getting this error.

This webpage has a redirect loop
    The webpage http://xxx.xxx.com/ has resulted in too many redirects. Clearing your cookies for this site or allowing third-party cookies may fix the problem. If not, it is possibly a server configuration issue and not a problem with your computer.
    Here are some suggestions:
    Reload this web page later
    Learn more about this problem
    Error 310: (net::ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS)

I have clear cookies, allowed third party cookies, rebooted my router, unplugged the co-star, verified system time on the co-star and my desktop. We even did a factory default on the costar and started over. Still the error.

I can access Game Center Live on my desktop using Chrome. On the Co-Star, I can't uninstall Chrome, but I did clear cache, force stop, etc. When I did the factory default it cleared my bookmarks, so I'm 'assuming' it was a fresh start?

At my whits end. I've searched online for hours over the past 2 days and I can't figure this one out.

Any suggestions?

2. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

Hi try setting your GTV user agent to "generic".

3. wekebu

wekebu New Member

Hi, tried 'generic', didn't work. Thanks for the suggestion. This is so frustrating.

4. CatfishRivers

Hi. I was hoping setting user agent to "generic" would work for you - because a similar issue of too many redirects in GTV Chrome browser was occurring with BBC iPlayer - and that particular issue was solved by a recommendation from the GTV developer team to set user agent to generic.

OK now moving on. I came across the following thread (from Google Groups) about the 310 error of too many redirects with Chrome. This issue was also occurring with Google Drive (see link below for thread):

https://productforums.google.com/forum/?fromgroups=#!topic/drive/XgwZpN_0gz0

There are some suggestions in that thread that you can try.

* I suggest looking at the post by Jaatva on 12/4/12. And the related posts. Several users were able to fix the problem as mentioned by Jaatva's post (see below):

"Solved! - Thanks for the tip.

By allowing Google to set cookies, this problem disappeared.

Chrome settings > Advanced > Content settings ... > Cookies > Manage exceptions

Allow: https://[*.]google.com:443

The rule could be more specific but this works."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wekebu so I would suggest trying:

Go to Chrome settings----->Advanced settings------->Under The Hood------>Content Settings------->Cookies------->Manage Exceptions---> Allow --> You then type (in the blank field) the URL of the NHL GameCenter Live web site .

If that doesn't work then try some of the other suggestions from that thread. Namely I would try the suggestion made by "B-Art" from his March 16th post - of going to the Chrome settings and allowing the pop-up for the problematic web site (for your particular situation it will be for NHL GameCenter Live). Another poster commented that procedure worked for him also.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2013
  5. wekebu

wekebu New Member

CatfishRivers! you did it! your suggestion that it was the user agent got me searching for that and I found a post in a Google coder thread. they suggested using chrome/24.0.1309.0 and now, after 3 days and literally countless hours, we're in, watching hockey! THANK YOU!

6. CatfishRivers

You're welcome. I'm glad that it worked out for you.