Quantcast

Web site audio ads Mute TV PIP

Discussion in 'Google TV General Discussion' started by alan93, Jul 30, 2012.

1. alan93

alan93 Member

I have a sony nsx____ and when i have a web page up that has audio, it mutes the TV.
    Whats worse, if I maximize the TV to get its audio back, the website gets closed!
    This is a technical disaster that needs to be fixed.

2. Chimerabb

Chimerabb New Member

This is not a technical issue. Your brain cannot process two different sounds at the same time. For example an action movie is playing in your TV and you are opening a web page which has a pleasant music your brain will focus on one of the sounds. So the developers designed Google TV to mute TV audio when you visit a webpage that has its audio on. You can experience that in NOKIA phones. When you play music and open games at the same time, the player will stop.

3. alan93

alan93 Member

Our brain can decide which sound to focus on do it and it should be the same with this. This technical issue should provide a mechanism such as a mouse movement and location detection decision that allows the user to change audio source in such a manner which I think is quite feasible.

4. Chimerabb

Chimerabb New Member

This is what I said in my previous post. Our brain can only focus on one sound.

Agreed. But it is not a technical issue, it is a needed feature.

5. ColmARocK

ColmARocK New Member

Prior to the honeycomb update my revue was playing the song from the pip and the web in the same time. IMO its due to developpement lazyness, the old pip app was a lot better than the actual one (we was able to move it and resize in a single click) they should just add a volume control on the old pip app and let the user decide what default action to apply and give him the ability to manually ajust the volume in the way he want it.

Another thing, why is the channel +/- dont works when Im in pip ?

Envoyé depuis mon NSZ-GS7/GX70 avec Tapatalk

Last edited: Aug 18, 2012