Quantcast

web page controls too tiny

Discussion in 'Logitech Revue' started by dlflannery, Oct 7, 2011.

1. dlflannery

dlflannery New Member

On most (or all?) web pages, controls such as checkboxes or radio buttons are so small they are practically useless. Examples of this are found right on this forum site. The radio button (or is it a checkbox?) to tell the forum to remember me at login is one example. The controls to select where to search in Advanced Search are the same.

Browser settings such as Text Size, Zoom Level and Text Encoding have no effect on this.

This is ridiculous.... or am I missing a setting somewhere?

2. cordova5252

cordova5252 New Member

go too settings browser settings zoom to fit and max text size somewhere there. if it worked tell

3. cordova5252

cordova5252 New Member

also try google tv settings , picture and sound, picture size, and resolution too. also check your tvs' input settings too or is your google tv not a box but an all in 1

4. dlflannery

dlflannery New Member

None of that makes any difference.

5. dlflannery

dlflannery New Member

??? I'm using a Revue with HDMI into my TV. Picture size is set correctly and resolution is too. If these were wrong, I think everything displayed would be wrong too. Only the checkboxes and radio buttons are displayed in miniscule size. All else is fine. The problem is only in browser web page displays.

6. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

This is a known problem with Chrome even on the other platforms. Issue 84973 - chromium - HTML check boxes / radio buttons don't resize when I zoom... - An open-source browser project to help move the web forward. - Google Project Hosting

7. dlflannery

dlflannery New Member

Thanks. I'm not sure that fits the description of what I'm seeing however. My controls are not much more than little dots at ANY zoom. Certainly seems closely related, at least. I read somewhere that the Chrome version in the Revue is really old. Hopefully the update will include fixing this.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2011
  8. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

If it looks like this and doesn't change in size no matter what zoom you use... then yes, it is related. Install Chrome on your PC and compare zooming between that and your normal web browser.

9. dlflannery

dlflannery New Member

Yes, I see it is the problem you referenced, after some more experimentation. I had it zoomed way up because I'm far away from the TV. When I zoomed back to where the page just filled the TV width (and moved closer so I could read the print) the controls did take shape, although even then they seem a little small relative to the letters.

Do you think there will be major browser improvements in the pending update?

10. chopper

chopper Active Member

Anyone here able to upload the new chrome for tablets just released to the shared dropbox account for testing on GTV? Perhaps there is a zoom in/ zoom out control in this new version of the browser?