Quantcast

Web Browser Resolution

Discussion in 'Sony Internet TV' started by ramone, May 5, 2011.

1. ramone

ramone New Member

Hi,

I tested out the Sony models last night at my local Sony Store. While the TV is 1920x1080, when I use the web browser, the resolution felt a lot smaller than that... like maybe only about 500 lines high. I couldn't find a setting to change it to make it 1080. Is there one?

Thanks

2. phantomandy

phantomandy New Member

There is no resolution setting for the browser. The browser uses 'auto zoom' by default which allows a quick zoom in to web pages to allow for a better fit when sitting in your easy chair.

The resolution of the display is fixed at the 1920x1080 native setting and is very sharp, crisp and clear. If Chrome ran at a lower resolution you would notice blockyness and and soft or blurred feel to the images.

When I"m sitting 10-15 feet away from my 46" Sony GTV web browsing works quite well. You can always use the zoom button to got in or out on pages where you feel necessary but I've found the auto zoom to do quite well the majority of the time.

3. MadMax1108

MadMax1108 New Member

I noticed mention was made about using the Zoom button to zoom in and out of webpages. However, I tried doing this on Facebook, for eg, and it didn't zoom at all. Is there a special setting that needs to be enabled for browser zooming to function or should it work out of the box?

4. amarin

amarin New Member

Although this post is 2 years old, I have a similar question.
    I'm trying to develop a webpage in my web application for smart TV and google TV users.
    It will display stock trading data on screen.
    I am looking for a way to increase Chrome TV browser's resolution.
    I've found that it is only 1280 x 720. How do I change it? (1920x1080)
    Can I use Java Script, how?
    Is there anyway I can adjust it manually? ( I would much prefer auto adjust.)
    It seems a waste to have HDTV but only use 1280x720 of it.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2013