Quantcast

Web Browser Alternatives

Discussion in 'Google TV Apps' started by xlightwaverx, Feb 5, 2012.

1. xlightwaverx

xlightwaverx New Member

I have been using Ninesky Browser for some time now, and I was wondering if anyone has been able to get flash video to work with it. I am only getting Flash audio with it, and I did not know if it just might be a Logitech Revue issue since it actually picks up the audio portion and obviously must be using the Adobe Flash that is incorporated with the Chrome Browser.

• It also has a low carbon mode, which allows for faster browsing by eliminating graphics and flash content.
    • It also has a privacy mode, which allows to keep your information private (but more importantly doesn't fill up your GoogleTV with internet and cache junk.)

I found a YouTube video about it a while back comparing it to the "closest browser to chrome for android that supports html5 and flash."

Has anyone had any luck with any of the other Web Browsers available for android?

Thanks,

X

Last edited: Feb 5, 2012
  2. madman999

madman999 Member

does it work with flash video?

an alternate browser which only loads the flash content you click on would be a KILLER app on this platform as the built in Chrome/Flash combo is a little too buggy.

3. xlightwaverx

xlightwaverx New Member

That's the kicker, I can only get Flash Audio to work, but it is working, so the browser must be utilizing Chrome's Flash.

X

4. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

Flash is embedded into the operating system not Chrome. The reason why Flash doesn't work with most (if not all) third-party browsers is because the Flash apk isn't running in the Dalvik Virtual Machine, like on Android Phones and Tablets. The way its interacting with the Flash software is the problem. If you have a browser in mind that you'd like to use fully with Google TV, the best thing to do is notify the developer that you'd like to have it updated to work with GTV.