Quantcast

Watching Dish Network over the Network on my Google TV?

Discussion in 'Google TV General Discussion' started by dalepa, Aug 19, 2011.

1. dalepa

dalepa New Member

When I goto Settings -> Video Input -> Configure Devices the Google TV discovers my Disk Network VIP722 receiver I another room!

When I continue with the Dish Network setup, it pops a message up on my Disk Network TV to call dish, or go online...

I understand that it cost $4/month for this service, however I was under the assumption that I need the have the VIP 722 receiver directly connected via HDMI to the Sony Google TV in order for Google TV to work.

Is that true? Do I need to have the Dish Network VIP722 directly connected via HDMI cables to the Sony TV, or can I control the VIP 722 over the IP network?

Controlling my VIP 722 and watching over the Network on my sony GoogleTV would ROCK!

2. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

Yes, you need the Dish Network ViP-722 connected directly to the Revue with HDMI to watch it over Google TV. It won't stream the video over the network. However, you can control it over the network because Google TV knows how to communicate with it over the IP. Unfortunately, you'd have to pay $4 per month to enable that functionality.

3. Chunkybug

Chunkybug New Member

I have in the past payed the 4 a month and for me in was not worth it..Nice feature but not worth it...Each is there own..

I have cut the cord and only stream these days..

Kev