Quantcast

Watching channels/subscriptions from YouTube

Discussion in 'Google TV Help' started by warrua, Mar 10, 2011.

1. warrua

warrua New Member

I would like to be able to "leanback" and watch a YouTube channel/subscription clips one after another in automatic mode. But when I go to either "Queue" or directly to YouTube and play a relevant video from certain channel, the next clip is not from the feed. What do I do wrong? How to launch play for a channel?

2. lucas710

lucas710 New Member

Camby IN---------------------------Sony 40" GTV
    Hey, what I do is type the channel name into LeanBack, (in Spotlight) for instance, if its smosh I type smosh. Then it will just play all the smosh videos one after the other.

Hope this helps :)

3. warrua

warrua New Member

In my case the behavior is different. If I type a channel name in spotlight, it offers a "web subscription" (I am subscribed to that channel via "queue)". Then it goes to the feed and offers to choose a clip, but does not play them altogether.

Anyway your method uses search for a word rather than for the name of a channel, doesn't it? Also the sequencing in this case is linked to the relevance of the search word (I guess) while I would like playing in the sequence "oldest to newest".

Would be thankful for additional suggestions.

4. sparkyscott21

sparkyscott21 Moderator Staff Member

Try watching:
    RealityTVFan.org
    Sit back, and you would be surprised what you can find on there from all over the world..... [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 11, 2011
  5. warrua

warrua New Member

Ok, I occasionally found how to do it. In leanback regime one has to enter the options (clicking on screen and then on the below option) in which various feed options are indicated (eg base selection of clips either on search word or on the respective title of channel or on other criteria). When I click then on "channel", it shows only those clips and this is very cool. The only thing which I still miss and which would be useful is to be able to sort clips for watching in the reverse chronological order.