Quantcast

WatchESPN

Discussion in 'Vizio Co-Star' started by gkamieneski, Jan 28, 2016.

1. gkamieneski

gkamieneski Member

This subforum seems to be fading away. Maybe I am the last one trying to get a Co Star to work?

Anyway, WatchESPN always worked for me, however now I am receiving an Error #2046 (Flash Error?). Plus when I went to the Google Play Store to try reinstalling WatchESPN, I am being told that the App is not compatible with my device.

2. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

I have a Logitech Revue and I've been getting the message: "Error #2032" (when I try to view content on ESPN3 with the GTV Chrome browser). I don't believe the ESPN app is compatible with GTV devices on Honeycomb OS.

I tried researching that error on the internet. There were several fixes mentioned but nothing worked for me. Apparently the problem is related to some security files (for Flash) that ESPN and or Adobe/Google need to update. Since GTV has been abandoned - it doesn't look like a fix will be forthcoming. However today I went to the ESPN web site and completed an online complaint form to report the problem. If they email me back I'll post their reply here.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2016
  3. gkamieneski

gkamieneski Member

I guess I didn't realize GTV was no longer being supported. Is Vizio buying boxes back? Also, I believe I read that Flash was no longer a component and that could explain why the Error #2046.

4. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

ESPN emailed me back with a long canned response (see below). Bottom line is that WatchESPN now requires Flash 10.3 (or higher). Our GTV units don't support Flash 10.3.

Hello,

Thank you for contacting us. I apologize for any frustration you’re experiencing with the WatchESPN product.

If you have a participating WatchESPN affiliate provider and a valid TV subscription which includes ESPN, please review the basic troubleshooting steps below:

1. WatchESPN requires Flash Player 10.3 or higher. We recommend version 11+ for the best viewing experience. Free upgrades are available from Adobe: Adobe Flash Player Install for all versions.
    2. Refresh your current internet browser.
    3. Close your current internet browser and launch a new one.
    4. Clear your internet browser's cookies, close all browsers, then try launching WatchESPN.com again. Warning: Any account passwords that are currently stored in your browser memory may be lost.
    5. Try using an alternate web browser. WatchESPN should be compatible with Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, and Safari.
    6. Set your internet browser's security settings to Medium or Low and try launching again.
    7. Your computer's pop-up blocker may be preventing the window from launching. To allow pop-ups on a one-time basis, hold down the Ctrl (control) button when attempting to launch the player. If this doesn't work, consult instructions for the pop-up blocker you have installed.
    8. Close any unnecessary browsers or applications. This will also improve the video quality once the player launches.
    9. Please review the system requirements at this URL: Frequently Asked Questions about WatchESPN
    10. Restart your computer and try again.

If these steps do not resolve your issue, please reply to this email and provide as many details as possible to assist us in troubleshooting your issue.

1. Do you see your affiliate provider's logo displayed in the upper right corner of the WatchESPN website? This indicates you've entered valid affiliate credentials.
    2. Who is your affiliate provider, and what is the user name that you would enter when paying your bill or managing your affiliate services?
    3. Is this issue occurring on all events/programs, or just one? If one, which event?
    4. Is this issue occurring on all channels, or just one? Which ones?
    5. Are you receiving an error message? If yes, please provide the exact message.
    6. Have you been able to watch video on WatchESPN.com successfully in the past? If yes, when were you last able to?
    7. Have you tried using different browsers (Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox, Safari)?
    8. Have you tried accessing WatchESPN content from another device such as an iPhone, Android, XBox, AppleTV or Roku? If yes, does the issue occur on more than one device?
    9. Please provide a screenshot of the issue and attach it to this email in your next reply.
    10. What is your IP address? If unsure, please visit Current IP Check to obtain your IP address.
    11. What is User Agent String? If unsure please visit UserAgentString.com - unknown version and copy your user string from text box.

Thank you for your patience and cooperation.

For live assistance with this or any other issue, please call Customer Care at 1-888-549-3776 (ESPN) between 9:00 a.m. and 1:00 a.m. EST.

Regards,

Sandra
    ESPN.com Customer Care
    ref:_00D4080H6._50040tXwvl:ref