Quantcast

Watch espn

Discussion in 'Vizio Co-Star' started by jdillinger, Jun 3, 2013.

1. jdillinger

jdillinger New Member

I can't get watchespn to work. I sign in with my comcast account and it just gets stuck on loading. It's really weird because I can watch the replay stuff no problem, but if I try to stream a live game from ESPN it won't work. If I try to stream something live from ESPN 3 it has worked maybe twice. Any advice?

Thank you all.

2. ronnycopeh

ronnycopeh Member

I finally got Espn to work thru Playon, I watched Florida State baseball game on ESPN3, it takes a little time load but it works, I have it thru Infinity also.

• Like Like x 2
  3. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

I watch ESPN3 using various Google TV models, it works well but only if I am careful about what is going on when I use the service. Most important is to make sure no other web pages are open, limit apps running and use an app like Smart RAM booster to make sure memory is uncluttered.

• Like Like x 2
  4. jdillinger

jdillinger New Member

Thanks guys. I'll keep this in mind when I give it a shot again tonight. They need to make an app for it already. I wish the darn thing would just work the way its supposed to. Can't have everything I suppose.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2013
  5. jdillinger

jdillinger New Member

Hey Chris, do you have a vizio co-star? If so are you running Smart RAM Booster? And if yes, what are your settings? Thanks.

6. gkamieneski

gkamieneski Member

I think you have 2 threads going on this same topic. I know AirTight will not currently work with WatchESPN. The only content I have been able to use successfully with AirTight has been YouTube content.

As far as WatchESPN with the Co-Star, I watch ESPN3 with stock settings without difficulty all the time. I cannot access ESPN2 content because Xfinity provides that already on cable, and because I am not subscribed to ESPNU on my cable, I cannot access that content as well.

So, again, all the ESPN3 content works fine on my Co-Star under WatchESPN.

7. jdillinger

jdillinger New Member

Yeah I can't get all of the contents of any espn to work consistently and my account is subscribed to every single espn channel there is. I know this because my dad is an employee of Comcast. I would be able to get espn3 stuff sometimes and never espn2 or espn. And you're right I think I have two threads going. I just wish this would work already.

8. ChrisG8

I don't have a Vizio Co-Star but as I mentioned access ESPN3 using three different Google TV models and none of them should be better able to access ESPN3 than the Co-Star. If there is something inherent with the Co-Star that would prevent usable ESPN3 access, that would sure surprise me. I can't access any other ESPN streaming because I don't have a pay TV service with ESPN.

9. jdillinger

jdillinger New Member

Could it be a Vizio defect? My access to ESPN3 is very inconsistent. One time I fell asleep for an hour waiting for a stream to load and woke up and red loading circle was still spinning. This is after I acquired ram booster and changed my adobe settings to unlimited. I have paid television access and still can't access espn or espn 2 streams. Very frustrating. Should I call vizio to try and get a new unit?

10. Wisdom

Wisdom New Member

Who is your cable or satelite provider ...?

11. gkamieneski

gkamieneski Member

I have paid subscriptions to ESPN and ESPN2 with Comcast, however only ESPN3 works with the Co-Star. I do not believe there is a problem with the Co-Star. I think that XFinitiy customers are only allowed to access ESPN3 through the Chrome browser, whether on GTV or laptop or IPad.

Try accessing these streams through your computing device or tablet, and see for yourself.

12. ChrisG8

No, I don't believe it could be a Co-Star defect that would cause poor quality or inconsistent ESPN3 streaming. Immediately before accessing ESPN3, use Smart RAM Booster to close apps and free RAM, then try. I think the issue is either your internet connection, too much going on with your specific Google TV box, or a router issue. Closing apps and clearing RAM will only address the issue specific to your Co-Star usage but it is important for me to be able to use ESPN3. If RAM available is around 100MB, my Google TV boxes won't load ESPN3. After clearing RAM, it will show around 300MB available.

13. jdillinger

jdillinger New Member

Comcast Xfinity

14. jdillinger

jdillinger New Member

I can access every stream using iPad or Laptop...only issue is with Co-Star.

15. Wisdom

Wisdom New Member

I have Comcast/Xfinity also, sad to say at this time we are temporary blocked, because we still have flash 10.? ... Comcast/Xfinity is using flash 11.?, that the reason we cannot access ESPN3 at this time ...

Good news, just about all the major websites will changing over to HTML5, then we will be able to access ESPN3 via the very soon coming Android Jelly Bean 4.2.2 OS upgrade with the new chrome web browser ... Nothing is wrong with your Co-Star, no problems getting ESPN3 via your PC, because it's using flash 11.? .....

16. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

The WatchESPN web site uses Flash 10.2 as explained in their FAQ (see link below):

Frequently Asked Questions about WatchESPN

From the WatchESPN FAQ:

"TECHNICAL QUESTIONS

What are the system requirements to run WatchESPN on the desktop?
    We recommend the following for the best experience:

PC
    Processor Speed: Single Core CPU @ 2.4GHz or Dual Core CPU
    Memory: 512 MB of RAM (minimum of 256 MB)
    Video Memory: 128 MB of Video RAM
    Operating System: Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7
    Recommended Browsers: Internet Explorer 7+, Mozilla Firefox 3.5+, Safari 4, Chrome 3
    ---> *Flash Player: Adobe Flash Player 10.2 or above* <----
    Screen Resolution: 1024x768 or higher with 32-bit color
    Recommended Connection Speed: 2 Mbps or greater"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wisdom I believe you are referring to the Comcast Xfinity web site? The Comcast Xfinity web site uses Flash 11 and Microsoft Silverlight - and isn't worth a hill of beans to GTV users. IMO that is intentionally by design. I believe OP is referring to using the actual WatchESPN web site (and not the Comcast Xfinity web site to view ESPN).

Also on the ESPN web site Google TV is not listed as a "supported device". So essentially GTV is functioning as an underpowered desktop computer with a Chrome browser in viewing the WatchESPN web site.

I believe the issue effecting ESPN2 is a sign-in issue - possibly related to a DRM issue. A while back there was a similar kind of issue signing in to HBOGO with GTV.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I tried watching some ESPN3 videos from the WatchESPN home screen - and I got sound but a black screen (on Logitech Revue OS 3.1). However when I used the direct link for ESPN3 it worked good on my Logitech Revue. I was just watching the live French Open tennis. My ISP is Comcast. So for ESPN3 I recommend using the following link:

http://espn.go.com/watchespn/index/_/channel/espn3

Last edited: Jun 6, 2013
  17. jdillinger

jdillinger New Member

When's this Jelly Bean update coming...thank God NBA finals are on ABC.

18. CatfishRivers

ABC doesn't officially support GTV. It is working now through a "quirk" - with the GTV browser set to "generic". ABC might not be aware - or they don't care much at the moment because GTV user base is small.

You see if ABC was really officially supporting GTV - their web site would work with GTV browser in default mode. But it doesn't. So the current ABC functionality might end at any time.

Previously the NBC web site worked for months with the GTV browser set to generic. Until they eventually closed that "loophole".

19. jdillinger

jdillinger New Member

i was just sayin thank God cause I'll just watch it my TiVo box haha. I've tried watching ABC shows and there's no flash support. NBC Live Extra works well on GTV.

• Like Like x 2
  20. CatfishRivers

Well ABC had previously been working with GTV browser in generic (for the past several weeks). However I just tried their web site and they have recently made changes. The site is re-designed and is now called "WatchABC.Go". According to their FAQ it works with Flash 10.2:

Watch Full Episodes On Demand and Live - WATCH ABC

However when I try to play a full episode from ABC on my Logitech Revue (wither browser set to generic) I just get a black screen. So apparently ABC is completely blocking GTV again.

The full TV show episodes and clips from the main NBC web site don't work on GTV either. However clips from the NBC Sports and NBC News sites work with GTV:

http://www.nbc.com/news-sports

The main CBS web site doesn't work with GTV (blocked) - but CBS Sports web site works with GTV.

The main FOX web site requires Flash 11 and doesn't work with GTV.