Quantcast

Wall Mount Screw Size??

Discussion in 'Sony Internet TV' started by SteveLV702, Nov 20, 2011.

1. SteveLV702

SteveLV702 New Member

I had a panasonic tv but it went out had extended warranty and so store replaced tv with 46" Sony GoogleTV but the old wall mount screws was using with the panasonic are to big.. I talked to the wall mount company and they will send me replacement wall mount screws free of charge but need to know the size needed... how do I find the size???

2. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

I would have assumed it would be easier to consult page 9 of the included Sony Internet TV Reference Guide which indicates "wall-mount screw size" of M6 x 16 for all models except the 24GT1 which uses M4 x 12. It also even gives the measurements for the VESA wall-mount hole pattern.

3. SteveLV702

SteveLV702 New Member

Problem is the delivery guy took the box and forgot to leave all the manuals so didnt have the reference guide

4. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

Well then it is a good thing that Sony keeps electronic copies of the included material on thier esupport site: Sony eSupport - NSX-46GT1 - Support

5. arrowrand

arrowrand New Member

Brand new forum member and instead of just helping him, or ignoring his question all together, you talk down to him. Twice.

If your goal is to limit forum participation by newcomers, well played.

6. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

I'll have you know that I answered his original question with a link to the Reference Guide in the first post in less than an hour and a half AND then pointed him towards a repository for the included materials in the second. I felt that since the delivery person literally stole his documentation, that he should know where to find electronic copies of them for future reference.

If you feel that I was talking down to him or ignoring his question then it that's due to your misinterpretation and I will not apologize for it. If you want to judge me in how I assist people that's fine. However, perhaps you should try taking the time to actually help as many people that I have with the quantity and quality in the responses. Thank you though for your criticism, it has been appropriately noted.