Quantcast

Vulkano App

Discussion in 'Google TV General Discussion' started by jlschwartz, Jun 6, 2012.

1. jlschwartz

jlschwartz New Member

I have a Vulkano but there is no google TV app that I can use to access my Vulkano. Regular android devices are able to access by Vulkano. Does anyone know of a way to access a Vulkano with a Google TV? Thanks.

2. madman999

madman999 Member

I tried it as well. Just get a tiny portion of screen updating.

Sent from my Htc Incredible via tapatalk....

3. Carlszone

Carlszone Well-Known Member

Too Funny!

I was going to advise going to this site:

Vulkano Community » Google TV vulkano player? Success sideloading? > Vulkano Android Player App > Vulkano Community

But I saw that Madman had already posted the problem there. Geeze, you're all over the place. But I hope the issue gets resolved and ya post it. I'm getting bored w/just my Revue. I'm thinking of several devices and a Chrome notebook to complement my Revue. I'm ready to spend some money now that I've just passed my six month anniversary w/out cable. I need more live content. Rentadrone just went legit, and I bought a months worth of their paid service and I'm absolutely hating it!!! Worst value for $4.00 I've ever spent.

Take Care

Carl

4. madman999

madman999 Member

I hear that you could control a Slingbox from the revue.

Sent from my Htc Incredible via tapatalk....

5. madman999

madman999 Member

Ive got great news. New version of vulkano app 4.2.155 works with the 3.2 revue. Had to toggle the video type to get rid of screen tearing, not updating problems but after that, picture and sound were fine and could even control the virtual remote control. I have a hava platinum. Stream live tv!

Sent from Htc Droid Incredible

6. mrspock

mrspock Active Member

I'm trying to understand this app/product. So you first need to purchase the Volcano Device, attach it to Google TV device and then use the app to DVR programming to HDD attached to the Volcano device, is that correct?

7. madman999

madman999 Member

the Vulkano device is independent of the GTV device-it;s a video streaming device like a slingbox. it allows you to stream what is being sent through it from the connected jacks-usually a cable or satellite dish box but could be a DVD player too) over your network. In this case, your GTV, Phone, Tablet, Ipad or PC can see the contents as it streams live via the App or client program. the biggest issue you will run into is whether your cable box remote control is supported. HavaMonsoon is not very quick to answer tech support.

the best thing about the Vulkano app is that it is free and can be loaded onto any Android device. the Slingbox app cost 30$.

there are different models from Hava. the old legacy version is the Hava Platinum/Titanium/Gold-these are standard definition devices. the New version is the Vulkano that support HD and HDMI-they have several versions-the Platinum and Deluxe. They have versions that follow the slingbox model and charge you for the client-these are the Flow and the Blast. Don;t know if they are any good. They support USB hard drives so you can attach them and use the DVR function. the PC client supports dvr functions straight it;s own hard drive as well.

I have a Hava Platinum and it works fine for me. You can get these used on eBay since they are discontinued. as expected, the picture is grainy on my HD tv but looks great on smaller resolution devices like my Android phone and Tablet. However, given how spotty the support is out there by HavaMonsoon, we will take whatever we can get.

go here to findo out more

http://vulkanocommunity.com/forum/

• Like Like x 2