Quantcast

Vudu Test Fix

Discussion in 'Vizio Co-Star' started by Wisdom, Jun 29, 2013.

1. Wisdom

Wisdom New Member

[​IMG]

Install this Vudu.apk vudu(2).apk onto your Co-Star overwriting the current Vudu.apk that's already on your Co-Star ... The new Vudu.apk was extracted from a old v4.6.0 Co-Star with the original Vudu app files via the secret Co-Star app extraction tool ... This should restore your Vudu app back to normal, please test ...! If this doesn't work, that means you may need a all new updated app from Vudu ...

PLEASE NOTE: Please Do Not Ask About Vizio Co-Star "ROOT" or The Secret Co-Star App Extraction Tool ....

My friends (Not Trying To Be Rude) if I tell all the secrets about the Vizio Co-Star to everybody Vizio Corp will close all the holes in their current v5.3.0 OS tomorrow ...

Last edited: Jun 29, 2013
  2. Wisdom

Wisdom New Member

The above Vudu app will restore your Co-Star's ability to play Vudu movies again ... It's the original Vudu.apk from the v4.6.0 upscale Google TV3 update with all the correct "Lib" files .... If this does not work, then it's a Vudu or Google thing, but nothing is wrong with your Co-Star ...

3. revue5

revue5 Well-Known Member

4. Wisdom

Wisdom New Member

Just install the above Vudu app on your Co-Star ...!

5. Wisdom

Wisdom New Member

Do not uninstall the current Vudu app that's already installed on your Co-Star ... Just install the above Vudu.apk, it will overwrite the current Vudu app that you already have on your Co-Star, replacing the currupt files ...

6. Pakkman

Pakkman New Member

No change. It seems to be the same version. None of the versions numbers changed.

7. sarreq

sarreq Member

this does nothing, it still loads the newer version. is there another way to fix this floating around?

8. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

Yes, this does nothing. As far as I know, Vudu doesn't work on the Co-Star, period, the problem was reported to Vudu and I have communicated with Vudu at Vudu Forums, see the thread linked above by Revue5. Wisdom has often referred to Vudu on the Co-Star so I was surprised it doesn't work and this fix doesn't work, I can only assume he never tested it. Reporting the problem to Vizio is a good idea if that hasn't already been done. Since Vudu works on the Sony NSZ-GS7, it isn't a universal Google TV problem and may be specific to the Co-Star only.

9. Wisdom

Wisdom New Member

This Vudu app was no more than a test fix and nothing else, it says that in post one above, WOW:

The above Vudu app will restore your Co-Star's ability to play Vudu movies again ... It's the original Vudu.apk from the v4.6.0 upscale Google TV3 update with all the correct "Lib" files ....

*If this does not work, then it's a Vudu or Google thing, but nothing is wrong with your Co-Star ...

Last edited: Jul 14, 2013
  10. ChrisG8

That is false, the above app did not restore my Co-Star's ability to play Vudu movies again. Since the same Google Play app does play movies when used with the NSZ-GS7, it is absolutely certainly something wrong with the Co-Star that prevents playing Vudu movies. There are a number of complaints about the Co-Star being unable to play Vudu at Vudu forums and I have yet to see any proof anybody can play Vudu movies using a Co-Star running the most recent firmware.

11. Wisdom

Wisdom New Member

When you installed, the above Vudu app onto your Co-Star what on screen message did you get ....?

Again, this was a Vudu Test app, to restore all the correct files to your Co-Star for you to be able play Vudu movies via your Vizio Co-Star, providing if Vudu service is working correctly via the Co-Star ...

I said, if it doesn't work, you have a issue with Vudu (Vudu Service or Google) .... This is what the test was all about, to find out where the problem is located ....

I have found out from Vudu officials, the problem is on their end ...!

This was also confimed by the test fix, by installing the original Vudu app back with all the correct files ... (Just In Case We Had Some Type Of Corruption With The Current Vudu App Already Installed On Your Co-Star) ...! Installing the original Vudu app from the (v4.6.0) OS would replace any and all corrupt files with the Correct files ...

If Vudu did not work it would let us know where the problem is coming from stopping us from playing Vudu movies ... WOW MAN...!

12. ChrisG8

Pretty funny and again I have no idea what you are saying Wisdom. Can you play Vudu movies with any of your Co-Stars after installing this alleged test fix? It is a yes or no question, I don't see your answer. I have communicated directly with Vudu as have several others and Vudu is communicating with us at the Vudu Forums, all specifics regarding firmware and player versions are known by Vudu.

Nothing is shown when we attempt to play Vudu programming, we get nothing but a black screen after selecting play. The trailers will play.

13. Wisdom

Wisdom New Member

That is false, the above app did not restore my Co-Star's ability to play Vudu movies again.

When you installed, the above Vudu app (In Post # 1) onto your Co-Star what on screen message did you get ....?

The Vudu test app can only play Vudu movies, if the Vudu service is working via the Co-Star ... The Vudu test app restores the correct files without corruption, so we could find out where the problem is located or so the Vudu app can play Vudu movies, providing the Vudu service is working via the Co-Star .... I don't see what's hard about this to understand ....

14. ChrisG8

Ha, again, no answer to the obvious question, Wisdom can you play Vudu with this test fix? Yes or no. I tried it and could not, I don't recall any message I got after installation and don't really care but it did install and everything seemed to go as expected including making no difference.

15. Wisdom

Wisdom New Member

How many times I got to keep telling you, the Vudu test app can play Vudu movies, as long as the Vudu service is working via the Co-Star ... That's the main purpose of reinstall the original files .... OK, no message huh or you don't recall ... Well read below again ...!

When you installed, the above Vudu app onto your Co-Star what on screen message did you get ....?

Again, this was a Vudu Test app, to restore all the correct files to your Co-Star for you to be able play Vudu movies via your Vizio Co-Star, providing if Vudu service is working correctly via the Co-Star ...

I said, if it doesn't work, you have a issue with Vudu (Vudu Service or Google) .... This is what the test was all about, to find out where the problem is located ....

I have found out from Vudu officials, the problem is on their end ...!

This was also confimed by the test fix, by installing the original Vudu app back with all the correct files ... (Just In Case We Had Some Type Of Corruption With The Current Vudu App Already Installed On Your Co-Star) ...! Installing the original Vudu app from the (v4.6.0) OS would replace any and all corrupt files with the Correct files ...

If Vudu did not work it would let us know where the problem is coming from stopping us from playing Vudu movies ... WOW MAN...!

16. ChrisG8

I never did get a straight answer as to whether or not Wisdom could play Vudu after this alleged fix. Can anybody here play Vudu with the Co-Star running the most recent firmware, test fix file linked above or not? Wisdom mentioned Vudu and Co-Star as a dream team several times, I have one and it won't play Vudu, other than previews.

17. Pakkman

Pakkman New Member

I have to co-stars both with current firmware. One plays Vudu fine

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

• Like Like x 2
  18. ChrisG8

19. ChrisG8

I saw you did post your information, interesting two different Co-Stars with exactly the same firmware version, one works, one has the black screen problem. If you would switch locations of the two boxes and see if the black screen follows the box or stays at the same location, that would be helpful. If it is an HDCP problem, Co-Star not communicating with AVR or display properly, that may be addressed by a firmware update but if there was some kind of change mid production and a different HDMI chip was used, one not fully compliant with Vudu DRM, it may not be fixable.

I will make that same request at Vudu Forums, the Vudu technical support will likely be interested in that answer as well. I am assuming you don't have both connected to the same display or AVR.

20. Pakkman

Pakkman New Member

I switch the boxes and nothing changed same box didn't work. I also tried moving the hdmi cables only. Also no luck

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

• Like Like x 2