Quantcast

Vudu Black Screen

Discussion in 'Vizio Co-Star' started by ChrisG8, Jun 27, 2013.

1. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

My girlfriend has her Vudu account on one of these, it won't play Vudu and I can't get it to work, a black screen is the result when trying to play a Vudu program. The display is a 720p plasma. Only the trailers will play. From the Vudu Forums, I found others have the same issue, hopefully Vudu will fix it but the response so far isn't enthusiastic.

https://forum.vudu.com/showthread.php?939871-Vudu-on-Vizio-Co-Star&highlight=co-star

Have others here seen this issue?

2. Carlszone

Carlszone Well-Known Member

Thanks...

I thought it was just me. I encountered the same problem on some Ustream videos. The ads played perfectly. The dang videos was a hit or miss whether they would play or not. But I hate when I click on a native app & it doesn't work. Worse is when you have an app listed in the applications drawer only to find that it takes ya to a website. Hell, I could have done that on my own w/better results...

Lol!

Carl

3. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

Is this issue Vudu issue only on the Vizio Co-Star - or is it on all second generation GTV devices?

4. Carlszone

Yesterday I tried Vudu and WealthTV for the first time on the GS7. On Vudu, clips seemed to work. I'm thinking, for the other content I might need a paid subscription. On WealthTV I got caught in a loop trying to register for the free version. I did notice their live boxing so that is promising. And I'd gladly pay a subscription fee within reason since they only offer a couple of matches a month.

I'll play around w/both of them on my computer when I get back. Ya'l have a fun 4th of July!!!

Carll

5. ChrisG8

Vudu plays fine on the NSZ-GS7 for me and others as reported here. All of the comments Wisdom has made about Vudu and the Co-Star, I assumed it worked but I sure can't get it to work and at least some others can't as discussed in that thread at Vudu forums. It looks like a DRM problem to me.

6. ChrisG8

WealthTV is very affordable, be sure to use the Play Store app.

7. ChrisG8

I just updated my Sony NSZ-GS7 to the new firmware version, it still works with Vudu after update. The Co-Star does not work here and nobody has stopped by this thread to indicate it is working for them on their Co-Star, same situation at Vudu Forums with the thread about the issue there. I did see Wisdom has suggested side loading a Vudu app to the Co-Star although I can't tell what that is supposed to do. If it is a DRM issue, I don't see how the side loaded app will fix it. I will wait for an official fix from Vudu or Vizio.

8. Carlszone

Aha!

My Agent string got corrupted. Not by GTV, but by me. I often test out the different Agent strings. I love the one Catfish posted. But when I switched back to Catfish's Agent string while I could connect to the above video sites the videos were not working. I checked and found out that the orig string lacked a few numerical sequences. I thought switching back & forth from user agents was possible w/out a problem. Not so! I'm wondering if Vizio users might be having the same problem. The user agent might just be the culprit.

Anyway, I found the ESPN Archive of fights and I'm now enjoying past fights I missed. But Cox has informed me that my data usage is beyond my monthly allowance so now I'm in the same position as I was before. While enjoying the ESPN fights from a year ago, I now am wondering, is it cheaper to just reconnect cable to enjoy current fights.

Geeze, I really hate cable...

Carl

Last edited: Jul 6, 2013
  9. ChrisG8

A Vudu representative has indicated a fix for this issue is forthcoming, ASAP. The Vudu Forums thread linked above has that information.

10. ChrisG8

According to Vudu, the fix for this issue should be rolling out soon, maybe this week. Info at same thread linked above. My girlfriend has a rental that expires in a few days so I will watch that with the Co-Star if the fix is quick enough.

11. ChrisG8

The update to U5.6.0 is rolling out now, I received it but that didn't fix my issue by itself. A moderator at Vudu Forums is requesting the Vizio Co-Star ESN numbers which should fix any Co-Stars that have been updated and still not working with Vudu. I just provided mine and will know soon if the additional steps fixed the issue.

12. MRQUS44

MRQUS44 New Member

IT IS A DRM OR FLASH PLAYER ,I TALKED BOTH TO VIZIO AND VUDU AND IT IS A VUDU PROBLEM THEY SAID IT WAS FIXED ONCE! NOW WITH THE NEW UPDATE IT MESSED UP AGAIN. THEY SAID THEY WOULD EMAIL ME WHEN THEY FIX IT? (vudu) BUT WHO KNOWS. EVERY THING WORKS EXCEPT VUDU. THE REASON THEY DO NOT HAVE HULU IS ? MOST OF THE SHOWS ARE IN THE PRIME APP! BUT THEY SHOULD PUT TARGET TICKET ON IT! SO IF ONE SIGHT BREAKS ,YOU CAN USE THE OTHER. BOTH PLAY ULTRA VIOLET! BUT AS FAR AS I KNOW THIS IS A WAITING GAME! MRQUS44

13. ChrisG8

Vudu still works as of this morning with our Co-Star. Is the new update a Vudu update? I sure don't think there is a new Co-Star update. The Vudu app on the Co-Star looks a lot different than it did, completely different layout, but that change happened a few weeks ago if I recall correctly.

14. MRQUS44

MRQUS44 New Member

* VUDU SAID*
    12/19/2014 COSTAR BLACK SCREEN CASE # 141205000630
    Response By Email (Lauren L) (12/19/2014 02:57 AM)
    Hello and thank you for contacting VUDU customer care.

We apologize for any frustrations. Currently we are awaiting Vizio to release an update to all models of this device. We have no time frame of when this will be released to all devices.

If you have any other questions please feel free to contact us.

Thank you,
    Lauren L.
    VUDU Customer Care
    7am-8pm PST
    1-888-554-VUDU (8838)