Quantcast

volume control

Discussion in 'Logitech Revue' started by floodx, Jan 16, 2012.

1. floodx

floodx New Member

Any way to control the volume of the gtv box itself? I see options to control my tv volume and my set top box with the volume rocker but can't see to figure out how to get the remote to control the volume of the gtv box itself without going into the settings.

2. surprisinguy

surprisinguy New Member

I didnt even think it had a volume control for the box, and dont really know why you'd need it.

3. halox

halox New Member

What are you trying to control, exactly? Are the GTV sounds too loud or something?

Maybe something like this would help?

Volume Manager Free

4. floodx

floodx New Member

Yep - it has got one but I couldn't figure out how to get the keyboard to control the gtv and not the tv/stb (tivo). Turns out it is kind of a funky setup - if you go into the settings/volume and adjust the volume and then back out then the volume toggle on the keyboard controls the gtv. However if you then go to full volume the toggle goes back to controlling the tv/stb and you have to got back into the settings to regain gtv control - even if you set the volume toggle to "none" in the input device settings.

The reason I want control of the gtv is I have the digital audio out going to a sonic t-amp through a converter to a pair of old speakers I have. The sonic t-amp volume is manually controlled (not by remote) therefore the gtv becomes my "receiver".

Using the dao on the gtv turns the sound off on the hdmi - I wonder if there is a way to have both on? Or would that cause audio sync issues?

Last edited: Jan 25, 2012