Quantcast

Volume Button

Discussion in 'Logitech Revue' started by lemonoid, Oct 4, 2011.

1. lemonoid

lemonoid New Member

I've had my Revue for a month now, the day I set it up the volume keys worked properly, but after a day or two of use, the volume buttons no longer function. I have finally gotten fed up with having to use my TV Remote separately. Does anyone know what I can do to fix this? I even went into the menus and found where you can assign custom keys and review the pre-programmed functions and it says that they match up to their functions but, no dice. I have it going straight to the TV with an HDMI cord. Nothing else, no other cables other than power, and no set top box or AVR. I guess I could remove the TV from the setup and redo it but I figure it may have the same issue. Thanks in advance for any responses.

2. DefenderBob

DefenderBob New Member

Mine has done this from time to time to - and I have no idea why.

When I first setup the revue, I bound volume to the TV and manually set my reciever to whatever volume I wanted, and would just power it on / off via teh revue remote if I was watching something that needed good sound. (have small kids in the house so I dont blast it like I used to.)

Somewhere along the line, I decided I wanted to volume to the reciever, so I went through the wizard again and all was well.

The day after, the volume buttons NOR the power on / power off for the reciever worked - HOWEVER - the universal remove that came with the Uverse box would power on / power off the reciever.

I have tried to bind the power on / power off to the reciever without success and have since moved the volume back tot he TV. Every so often - probably once a week - for an unknown reason, the volume will not work to control the tv. The next day / hours later, it will. No power cycles on the revue at all.

So I am in a similar boat as yourself.