Quantcast

Voice search

Discussion in 'Sony's NSZ-GS8 / NSZ-GS7' started by jazz452, Jan 1, 2013.

1. jazz452

jazz452 New Member

Has this box got a voice search function ? I have seen a youtube video where a dedicated voice button is clearly visable on remote. However my remote does not have that button. Maybe there is another way such as through a android phone? Any advice would be appreciated.

2. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

If there is no microphone on the remote, I don't see any way for the remote to be used with voice search. An optional remote at extra cost with microphone may be available at some point. An app for a smart phone or tablet with microphone would be a possibility but I don't know if that exists yet. Supposedly 2013 is the Google TV year for voice search and other requested features but I don't know anything about the timing. The Sony NSZ-GP9 is supposed to include remote with microphone, it isn't available yet in the US, but I would expect the remote would work with the NSZ-GS7. Also the Hisense Pulse supposedly includes remote with microphone.

3. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

Google mentioned that the plan for second generation GTV devices (that don't have a microphone) will be an app to allow voice search with mobile phone. The app hasn't rolled out yet.

4. chopper

chopper Active Member

So if voice search is a priority it's a wait and see thing for new buyers or the Pulse is a a shoe in for those who just can't wait for other options! Personally, I am waiting to see if the PrimeTime App ever works outside of the USA before upgrading my Revue.

5. jazz452

jazz452 New Member

Thanks for the useful information sounds like we will get there eventually.
    Next question play books?

6. Robel

Robel New Member

You can download a Google TV remote control app from the Chrome web store on your laptop, it has a microphone buttom on the screen you can use it as a voice search, it is very good I tried it

7. jazz452

jazz452 New Member

Yes that worked well, lets hope it comes to a phone soon.

8. Apw2607

Apw2607 New Member