Quantcast

VNC Client

Discussion in 'Google TV Apps' started by MidwayMonster, May 30, 2012.

1. MidwayMonster

MidwayMonster New Member

Hello all,

I have a logitech Revue and am trying to find a usable VNC Viewer to connect to my Windows system running TightVNC.

As a side note my purpose for this is I will be hosting poker tournaments spread across multiple rooms. I plan to have my laptop that drives the tournaments (rounds knockouts etc) hooked up to the side room TV, and use my Logitech GoogleTV (Android OS) with VNC client to show it on the second System. Also as a mute point I will be connecting with my iPad as well to help control the game and interact with that system regardless of which table i am sitting at etc.

When i search the Google Play area for VNC i have 4 options and 1 of which is free. That one only showed a small portion of the corner of the screen. apparently programmed with a typical phone screen dimensions so that one didnt work too well. Considering the others appeared to be designed for a phone as well I didnt want to pay to see if it would work.

Thanks in advance

2. madman999

madman999 Member

Try this. Go to the chrome browser and put in the address http://yourvncpcipadress:5800 and see if something loads. If it works like ultravnc, you just might get a desktop session via java. I have not tried it myself.

There is another remote desktop control software called splashtop desktop streamer that might work as well.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk