Quantcast

vizio shipping on co-star

Discussion in 'Vizio Co-Star' started by Shaun-ohio, Sep 6, 2012.

1. Shaun-ohio

Shaun-ohio New Member

won't order anything from vizio again, it was shipped on the 28th and wont get here until the 10th, next time i will just get it from best buy or hhgregg, takes too long for it to ship its already here but they cant deliver it until monday.

2. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

You won't get this item from Best Buy, at least not yet, no way to buy it except from Vizio.com.

3. perfectstranger

perfectstranger New Member

Waiting for Best Buy would not get you a pre-order. I feel your pain though. I was bummed that they use shipping as a method of profit. They charged a premium for shipping and then use the slowest/cheapest option. Speedpost blows.

4. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

There is no profit shipping this item for $10. Cost of postage, labor to box and ship, packing materials, credit card fees, and either insurance or eating shipments lost makes that impossible. I don't know if insurance is automatic or optional with this method of shipping but either way it costs something. I ship about 10 items a month and see on a small scale it isn't cheap and even with Vizio volume discounts, that is not profitable.

5. Myronbg

Myronbg New Member

My experience was just the opposite. They shipped on a Wednesday and I received it on Friday. Granted, the shipping point is in California and I live a couple hundred miles away.
    I can see where this approach makes good business and potential customer sense. My rural community population is around 6k and about half that amount house holds. The area is around 20 square miles, with houses, in many instances, many miles apart. Fedex can deliver to my PO with all packages, be it 1 or 100 and then the PO that makes daily deliveries to ALL areas regardless if all get mail. Hell, most of it's junk mail anyway. I'm sure that a part of the shipping "profit" for FedEx also goes to the PO.
    I did have a recent delay because FeEx delivered to my PO too late for the PO delivery truck so I got it the next day.
    If anything, my expectation, as I have Amazon Prime for most that I buy, is free 2 day delivery.
    The Co-Star is cheap and I'm starting to see that the potential "profit" is from the Applications that are dumped on us that have paid for use stuff. One (I forget which) is similar to Netflix, as each episode cost $1.99 of which Vizio gets a portion.

6. kj2005

kj2005 New Member

My pre-order was sent USPS from coast to coast and it took only a few days last month.

7. ariel12g

ariel12g New Member

From California to Illinois it took around 10 days. 7 business days to be exact. :p