Quantcast

vizio play store with movies in hd

Discussion in 'Google TV Help' started by cmcigas, Dec 27, 2012.

1. cmcigas

cmcigas New Member

Hi im new here and just have one question with my vizio gtv. Im trying to search for some movies through the play store but whenever I find one its only in SD. Is it because of the co star or something with google? Im trying to search for somewhat newly released movies but I also searched for something that I watched in HD on my S3 but even that is in SD on the co star (and my note 2 ). Thanks to anyone who can help me out.

2. Carlszone

Carlszone Well-Known Member

Hi

I've noticed a lot of complaints about how Google Play interacts w/GTV. But I never heard anyone complain that the Movies cannot be played in HD. If this is true, it would be tragic and further undermine the future of this platform. I hope someone will be able to help ya. I myself don't use Google Play for movies or music. I subscribe to Netflix and Cable. I also have 15 movies I own on Amazon Instant Movies.

But I'm curious to know the answer and will follow this if anyone can provide answers to your question.

Carl

3. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

I haven't used the Play Store yet for movie rentals but plan to start when the price is best for what I want to watch. I just went to the Play Store, randomly selected Monkey's Uncle, $1.99 for SD rental, $2.99 HD rental. Maybe if you let us know a specific title you think should be available in HD but isn't, we can check to see what our Google TV device indicates.