Quantcast

Vizio is accepting orders for the Co-Star

Discussion in 'Vizio Co-Star' started by Myronbg, Aug 26, 2012.

1. Myronbg

Myronbg New Member

I had looked on the website just in case, and lo & behold I was able to order.

update: Vizio stated that they would ship within three days. I received a shipping notification email a little while ago. Shipping FedX with tracking number. True, FedX doesn't have a record of it, which is typical, as a company can print & scan the lable prior to pickup.
    As far as needing to sign for the package. There was an option box to require or leave blank for no.
    Typically FedX arrives @ my PO too late for that days delivery. As I'm in Califonia there's a potential that I might get it Sat or Tues. I also bought a couple of HDMI cables that I just got and a Cat5 flat cable that I'll get tomorrow (both Amazon Prime).
    I'll provide a upate when I receive the Co-Star..

Last edited: Aug 29, 2012
  2. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

I just looked on the Vizio web site - and the Co-Star is already sold-out again! -:(

I read the new upcoming HiSense "Pulse" GTV box will cost $99 and be available at select retailers in mid-November. I'm hoping that it will be in Walmart stores. Also I think some other new GTV hardware partners will come on-board by the end of the year. I'm going to wait a bit until the dust settles before I make another purchase.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2012
  3. blackberrycubed

blackberrycubed New Member

How is pulse gonna differ from co star?

4. CatfishRivers

I'm thinking that we should get some idea next week. The following statement was in the recent news articles:

"Hisense will show the device at the IFA trade show, which will be held in Berlin Aug. 31 to Sept. 5."

5. Shaun-ohio

Shaun-ohio New Member

i ordered mine as soon as you posted it, they charged me for it yesterday, and got the confirmation email yesterday. who knows when it will be shipped said it could be up to 3 days when they ship it, after my card is closed, yeah they must of had very few to open it up again and be sold out already.

6. Labmanmi

Labmanmi New Member

you must be close to California they ship fedex smartpost slowest shipping service out there. Fedex picks it up and hands it of to USPS to finish. Took a week to go from California to Michigan. Also if you plan to order a Onlive controller I'd order it now they appear to be even slower. they charged my account last Tuesday and they still haven't shipped it though it's supposed to be two day when they do.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2012
  7. Shaun-ohio

Shaun-ohio New Member

nope i live in ohio, and i am not interested in games with an extra controller, i have an xbox 360 with kinect still in the box and gathering dust in the closet, have 2 games with it and never did play them, i am not interested in video games.

8. ariel12g

ariel12g New Member

I ordered mine on Sunday too. Still says 'processing' order.

9. Shaun-ohio

Shaun-ohio New Member

yep tells me the same thing

10. ariel12g

ariel12g New Member

Okay, it now says complete & they gave me a tracking number. Although I don't know what carrier they shipped it on. They only gave me the number.

11. amartin

amartin New Member

They ship via fedex smartpost, which means they ship it ground to somewhere in your state, and then stick in in a mailbox. So far mine's been in transit for 11 days from California to Texas. It's been between Dallas and Austin since last Thursday!

12. Labmanmi

Labmanmi New Member

Fedex Smartpost is what they use I'd get it faster to you by bike. Mine took a full week to Michigan. Your a tad closer I'm going to guess you will get it Monday

13. Shaun-ohio

Shaun-ohio New Member

monday is a holiday he wont get it until tuesday

14. CatfishRivers

I'm curious about something. Does the Vizio Co-star fit inside an average sized mailbox? If not - does the mailman leave it sitting on the ground by the mailbox? Laying on the ground in front of your door?, Or will the mailman try to knock on your door to hand you the package?

I think the best thing to do if it didn't fit in the mailbox would be to try and knock on my door. If not home then leave a notice in mailbox that I have a package waiting at post office that was too big to fit in mailbox. Something of value like this should require a signature for delivery IMO.

Believe it or not in the past I've had the mailman just leave packages (valued at over $100) just sitting on the ground out at the curb by the mailbox.

I have an average size mailbox on a pole out by the curb. To get to my door the mailman has a nice little walk from the curb. I'd hate for the mailman to just leave it sitting out on the ground by the curb.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2012
  15. Labmanmi

Labmanmi New Member

Oh snap your right! Oh ariel12g don't expect good tracking either really USPS delivers it not Fedex CatfishRivers it will easily fit in most mailboxes. where they put it kind of depends on your mailman. there was no signature required for my package. If your concerned you might try to talk to your mailman.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2012
    • Like Like x 2
  16. MSmithGTV

MSmithGTV New Member

Come on Vizio...Take my money! I want to order this darn thing and you won't let me. Take pre-orders...anything. Nothing worse than checking every 24 hours to see if you can order something, only to find out that there was a 12 hour window where I could have, but I missed it cause I didn't know.

17. Wisdom

Wisdom New Member

I'm going to order me another one too, I don't care what anybody say about the Vizio Co-Star .... I love my Vizio Co-Star, works like a charm for me in all feature areas ... Most of the problems other people say they are having, I don't have ... Maybe their Vizio Co-Star was made by HTC and mine was made by Samsung, yeah right ...!(lol)

18. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

Google TV devices, not just the Co-Star are prone to negative reviews, it is a rather clunky product to use but in my opinion if you make the effort and want the things it is capable of, there are no other options even close to being as good as Google TV. I think the Co-Star is getting the best customer reviews yet for any Google TV device but still getting a lot of complaints. I am still delighted with Google TV and can make even the first gen boxes do what I need.

19. ariel12g

ariel12g New Member

Tracking still not available on the Vizio website, but I checked on the Fedex website & everything is there :)

Aug 29, 2012 11:09 AM

Departed FedEx location
    BLOOMINGTON, CA

Aug 29, 2012 5:07 AM
    Shipment exception
    BLOOMINGTON, CA
    Barcode label unreadable and replaced

Aug 28, 2012 11:47 PM
    Arrived at FedEx location
    BLOOMINGTON, CA

Aug 28, 2012 4:53 PM
    Picked up
    BLOOMINGTON, CA

Aug 28, 2012 2:17 PM
    Shipment information sent to FedEx

20. Shaun-ohio

Shaun-ohio New Member

they got there money from me sunday, and it is still processing according to the website, i cant believe it takes this long to ship an item out. even got the confirmation number but no tracking number sent to me.