Quantcast

Vizio Co-Star with DirecTV Genie

Discussion in 'Vizio Co-Star' started by Phenom, Oct 19, 2012.

1. Phenom

Phenom New Member

Has anyone with the Vizio Co-Star had success integrating it with the new DirecTV Genie DVR? I had DirecTV set up yesterday and when I went to hook up the Co-Star, initially the HR34 didn't show up in the list. It later came up in the cable/sat search box but my remote didn't change the tuner channels after the setup completed.

Anybody else had this issue? The Genie is fairly new, so is it just a matter of waiting for an update or do I need to go code searching?

2. jonw747

jonw747 Well-Known Member

Assuming HDMI CEC doesn't work, you will probably have to go in to the HR34 and switch it to using IR rather than RF for the remote control.

3. Phenom

Phenom New Member

My DirecTV box is already set for IR instead of RF. Odd that the built in codes don't work. I also tried the codes listed for the universal Vizio remotes too. No dice. Thanks for the suggestion though.

4. jonw747

jonw747 Well-Known Member

Are you using the primary IR code set? You can always try some of the settings for other Directv models and see if they work any better, aka: H20, HR20, HR22, HR24, etc.

• Like Like x 2
  5. macdaddybuff

macdaddybuff New Member

HR24 works...

6. Phenom

Phenom New Member

I tried the HR24 and the HR34 settings and neither worked. Also tried to manually input codes w/ no luck. That was a few weeks ago though. I'll give it another go this weekend. Might have to reset the CoStar. Thx for the suggestions.

7. macdaddybuff

macdaddybuff New Member

I use hr24 through dvr on the vizo co star. I also set it up on one of the mini genes not the main unit. Works great.

8. Phenom

Phenom New Member

Thanks for all the suggestions. I finally called Vizio support after doing a factory reset and still having no luck. They suggested everything I had already done and then said there was nothing else to try except calling DirecTV to see if they had any other codes. Before I hung up, I asked if there was anything else she could think of that I could try and she mentioned the only thing she could think of is to reset the remote, but doubted that would work b/c it controlled my TV just fine.

I went ahead and deleted and re-paired the bluetooth while I was still on the phone with her and had no luck. Just for giggles, I tried it again before calling DirecTV. I noticed the remote was listed as being in "sleep mode" for some reason. I deleted it and re-paired it again and it finally worked. Not only was I able to get the remote to control the HR34, I was able to get the remote to work with my Blu Ray player, which also would not connect previously. So now the remote works fine, except if I try to use the "TV and Movies" app, it always turns the DVR to the wrong channel, which is strange, but I think I've read that's a known problem. Oh well...