Quantcast

Vizio Co-Star v4.6.0 PrimeTime Quick Guide (FIX), Thanks To "Zach" Of VIZIO CORP

Discussion in 'Vizio Co-Star' started by Wisdom, Mar 7, 2013.

1. Wisdom

Wisdom New Member

PRIMTIME QUICK GUIDE FIX FOR THE VIZIO CO-STAR, THANKS TO ZACH OF VIZIO CORP (VIZIO CO-STAR DEVELOPMENT)

PLEASE NOTE: THE PRIMETIME QUICK GUIDE FIX WORKS FOR OTA (OVER-THE-AIR) DIGITAL ANTENNA USERS ALSO (Cord Cutters) ...

[​IMG]

As you might know already, a lot of Vizio Co-Star owners are experiencing the new PrimeTime Quick Guide (auto returning/auto going back) to the old PrimeTime Guide pre-v4.6.0 Google TV 3 installation of the new upscale update (Photos Are Coming, Post Still Under Development) ...

Well, just minutes ago I received a personal telephone call from "Zach" OF VIZIO CORP (VIZIO CO-STAR DEVELOPMENT) ... He also knows about this thread and gave me the OK (THUMBS UP) to post the Vizio Co-Star PrimeTime Quick GUIDE FIX ...

*VIZIO CO-STAR PRIMETIME QUICK GUIDE COMPLETE FIX INSTRUCTIONS:

[​IMG]

1.\ Go to Settings on your Co-Star ...

[​IMG]

2.\ Devices

[​IMG]

3.\ Click on Video and Audio Devices

[​IMG]

4.\ At the top you should see Video and Audio Devices, Just below that, You should see your *Service Provider (HDMI IN), click on it (NOTE: DO NOT CLICK ON *ADD DEVICE OR *DELETE ALL) ...

[​IMG]

5.\ Next, stroll down and click on "Edit Channel" ...

[​IMG]

6.\ Stroll down again and click on "Edit Channel Lineup" ...

[​IMG]

7.\ You should now see Lineup provider, stroll down and select/click on your "Service Provider", click on Next ...

*PLRASE NOTE: IF You Are Using A OTA (Over-The-Air) Digital Antenna, You Would Select "Broadcast Digital" With (Your Local Zip Code)

[​IMG]

8.\ You should see Lineup provider again, below you will see "Analyze channels" and below that, you will see (Successfully retrieved channel information for (Your Service Provider), and on the right side you should see video (PIP) Picture In Picture of what channel you are now ON currently, click on Next below ...

9.\ Last click on the "Live TV Button ON Your CO-Star Remote", your Vizio Co-Star PrimeTime Quick Guide is now 1000% completely FIXED, give the PrimeTime Quick Guide about 45 seconds to one minute to update ....

A quick PrimeTime Quick Guide test, open the PrimeTime Quick Guide app from the "V" button menu ... Click the side icon to the left "LIVE" in the TV screen, now click on the Live TV button on your Co-Star remote ... Click on the "Guide" button, your new PrimeTime Quick Guide will now be displayed across the bottom of your TV screen (SEE ABOVE TOP PHOTO) ...

SETTING UP YOUR TV FAVORITES:

1.\ Click on the menu button to the right of the "V" button, you will see "tv Options", scroll down and click on "Favorite channels", click on "Add Favorite" ...

2.\ You should now see (FAVORITES), (Add Channel Now On TV) your service provider channel list ... When finish selecting your favorite channels, just click on the "BACK" button, (YOUR CHANNEL FAVORITE LIST WILL NOW AUTO UPDATE) that's it, finished, enjoy .....

*Again thanks a ton and a truck load to "Zack" OF VIZIO CORP (VIZIO CO-STAR DEVELOPMENT) FOR THE PRIMETIME QUICK GUIDE FIX, SWEET, YES ....!

*If you are a new Co-Star owner and this is your first time visiting the Vizio Co-Star forum, we strongly welcome you to the join us here for friendly Vizo Co-Star discussions, sign up today ....

*If any Vizio Co-Star owner wants to know the SECRET things, tips and tools for the Vizio Co-Star that's not written in the Vizio Co-Star Owners Manual, go to the NEW (UPDATED) "Vizio Co-Star Bible", Well Over A 100,000 Viewers, (In The Beginning Knowledge Is Power) HERE http://www.googletvforum.org/forum/...io-co-star-reviews-your-hands-experience.html ...!

Last edited: May 25, 2013
    • Like Like x 8
  2. Wisdom

Wisdom New Member

Photos are still coming, just as soon as I can find time to post them, thanks for your patience ....

Last edited: Mar 8, 2013
  3. Wisdom

Wisdom New Member

the above procedure works like a charm, smooth as silk, just follow the above instructions to the "t" ....

4. trophyguy

trophyguy Member

Worked for me. Primetime seems a lot better.

• Like Like x 2
  5. jdillinger

jdillinger New Member

i got the full list which is great, but the list didn't receive channels like 6-2 or 12-2...how do i get those to show up?

edit***

found them!!! thanks!!!!!

edit***

so i tested out adding favorite channels. i favorited 12.2 as it shows up on my co-star...after clicking on 12.2 in my favorites, the channel that gets sent to my tivo seriers 3 is 21...doesn't match at all...how do i correct this??

• Like Like x 2
  6. Carlszone

Carlszone Well-Known Member

Hi

That fix makes sense. It was a step I missed earlier. Once I got the Co-Star that was the first thing I checked for. But because my unit is new I didn't have the conflicting versions issue. Happy to hear ya found a fix. I've decided to connect the HDMI pass through directly via the Co-Star to my 32" and only use the splitter during times I'm using Netflix, Youtube, etc. With the k700 it makes sense to use the Revue as my main internet device. Typing in groups is much easier. Vizio is my entertainment device.

The Quick Guide loads much faster than on my Revue...

Carl

• Like Like x 2
  7. Carlszone

Btw, the Amazon App is awesome! My video library & Prime movie displays in a user friendly way. No longer any need to reload then hope the movie loads. Gotta go and try out HBO Go.

Thanks

Carl

• Like Like x 2
  8. Wisdom

Wisdom New Member

[​IMG]
    The reason why you are not getting your channels like in the above photo, because you are using "Coaxial QAM" form your local cable provider ... If you were using a OTA digital antenna, you could access your OTA digital channels like in the above photo, nothing is wrong with your Co-Star ...

9. jdillinger

jdillinger New Member

I am getting the channels just like that. It just when I select a channel, it doesn't send that channel to my TiVo...can't get channel guide either...but can't go to "most recent" and select what's there and it'll change the tivo box to the correct channel.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Carlszone

I find it much easier to add my favorites via the Quick Guide. I add & delete favorites hourly. Once you have a favorite channel listed you will see the Favorites added to the Quick Guide list. If you don't see it using the TV menu just highlight any live show in the quick guide. Then click on Menu. Once you save a channel to Favorites the Favorite channel line-up will be added to yer quick guide. The Revue does not add favorite channels to the guide from the TV Menu . This may be true of the Co-Star also.

I'll play around w/it later...

Carl

• Like Like x 2
  11. Wisdom

Wisdom New Member

[​IMG]

Go through the set up again, just follow the instructions to the "T" ....

12. Wisdom

Wisdom New Member

The Question below was posted by PizzaPI in another thread, if anybody can give some info on his question please do so, thanks in advance ....

PrimeTime only showing a fraction of DVR programs
    Hi everyone,
    New to Google TV and have had my Vizio Co-Star for a few days now, am still getting the hang of it. Have installed all the updates, performed a factory reset, and used the recent tip to update the PrimeTime to the new partial-screen format (thanks!). Have one problem driving me crazy though and can't find an answer thus far. PrimeTime is only showing about 5% of my recorded DVR programs. I have the Vizio paired to a Dish Network 722k DVR, and made sure all of my channels are selected in the Channel List. But, to give an example, I have 153 episodes of one program saved in the DVR, yet PrimeTime only recognises the existence of 4 of them. Any ideas on how to fix this?

Thank you.​

13. Wisdom

Wisdom New Member

The PrimeTime Quick Guide is the coconut cream pie, the malt shake with the cherry on top, the queen bee, the mother of apps on the Vizio Co-Star ...

The PrimeTime Quick Guide currently is what separates the Co-Star from all other Google TV set top boxes, giving the Co-Star truly the edge ...

I know several other Google TV set top boxes are scheduled to receive the Google TV 3 update soon, but until that time, the Vizio Co-Star RULES .....!

14. SolutionsEtc

SolutionsEtc Member

JD,

I am going to share a short story of discovery that may help you.

After a long few days of playing with my new costar I decided to just wipe it clean and do a fresh setup to clear out a bunch of stuff I tried out over my first week with it that I decided I would no longer use.

When I reset things up, I noticed that selecting a channel from favorites or the quick guide, it would go to the wrong channel. All the channels I use in my lineup are 3 digit integers. The behavior was:

1.) If I was currently on ch 722, and selected 725, it would go to ch 72.

2.) If I then pressed the prev ch button, it would go to ch 5, not 722. Get it... it was going to a channel representing the truncated digit (5) of the last channel it tried to go to (725). This behavior was 100% consistent.

I reset the channel lineup described in this thread several times and it did not fix the problem. This drove me nuts as I could have sworn it was working correctly with my initial setup... and the fact is, it was.

So what was different? My initial setup had the Tivo set up as a cable box. The second time around I set it up under DVR. I figured that was probably the more appropriate selection. Wrong! I deleted the DVR from the devices and reset the tivo up as a cable box. Problem solved! Channels are now being changed from the CoStar correctly, and I see no real differences (other than that) when having the Tivo set up as a cable box rather than a DVR.

YMMV

• Like Like x 2
  15. Wisdom

Wisdom New Member

I have my Tivos set up as a DVR with Comcast digital without any problems, works like a charm, but whatever works, use it ...(lol)

16. jdillinger

jdillinger New Member

SE,

This is my exact problem! I'm going to go home and try this tonight!!! Hopefully it'll work! I've thought about it many times setting it up as a cable box as well, but never bothered to try it. My only other gripe is, using the TiVo remote, I can't type in 12-2. When i hit the "-" on the tivo remote, it doesn't register. Any ideas?

17. SolutionsEtc

SolutionsEtc Member

Sorry, can't help with a tivo remote as I use a harmony.

18. SolutionsEtc

SolutionsEtc Member

Well I did say YMMV. Fact is I deleted and set up the Tivo 3 times as a DVR and the problem persisted. As soon as I set it up as a cable box all was well as in the original setup. lol

Last edited: Mar 11, 2013
    • Like Like x 2
  19. Wisdom

Wisdom New Member

I have both of my Tivo Premiere Series 4 boxes set up with Comcast digital as DVR's, works like a charm without any problems and my Co-Star remotes are paired with my Tivo boxes 1000%, sweet ....

20. SolutionsEtc

SolutionsEtc Member

I am using series 3 so maybe that is the difference.