Quantcast

Vizio-Co-Star (Reviews), Your Hands On Experience

Discussion in 'Vizio Co-Star' started by Wisdom, Aug 16, 2012.

1. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

There has always only been one GTV Co-Star model that came in 2 boxes. The plain box is labeled as the VAP-430 model and it's intended for internet sales. The other box is the colorful box that is labeled as the Isg-b03 model - and it's intended for retail stores. Same hardware different boxes. IMO the Co-Star is dead and there will never be a new model. The current inventory is being cleared out. The differences you notice could be due to new firmware updates.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2014
  2. joecitizen

joecitizen New Member

Hey all, anyone have any idea what this XBMC Gotham is all about. I think I've been seeing that it works on the Co-star.. Is this true? If so, Can anyone lead me into the right direction? Ive tried to download Navi-X AMO, And XBMC Frodo I think..., however, They didn't work... If anyone can lead me into the right direction That would be cool.. Thanks..

3. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

The only reports I have read regarding XBMC on any Google TV models indicate Jellybean is required. Some Google TV models do run the Google TV Android 4.2.2 but the Vizio Co-Star is not among those that do so as far as I know, no XBMC version can run well enough on a Vizio Co-Star to bother with trying to install it. I am not a fan of XBMC and wouldn't use it if I could so it is certainly possible I could not be up to date on the current status.

It may be the Vizio Co-Star LT can run a version of XBMC suitable for that box but it is not Google TV and I know nothing about it at all.

4. HDfan

HDfan New Member

is there any application that works in airplay on google tv? i tested Vimu player but dont work.

Enviado desde mi iPad Mini con Tapatalk

5. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

Airtight app provides Airplay for Google TV. There are some limitations though, such as there is no mirroring and movies that utilize DRM don't work with Airtight:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.brochos.tva

Last edited: Mar 27, 2014
    • Like Like x 2
  6. HDfan

HDfan New Member

Ok thanks, i will check this App

Sent from my iPad Mini with Tapatalk

7. joecitizen

joecitizen New Member

Yeah, I would download Airtight, there is no mirroring like one already said. After that you want to get an app on your Mac called Beamer. It lets you beam Movies and such from your Mac to your Co-star. Beamer will talk to Airtight. As a Mac user and Co-star user I found it best to do this instead of Plex or Twonky. I still use Plex for the unsupported content, but for watching movies from your HardDrive or such, Beamer. Just drag and drop the Movie and it plays to your Co-star. Anyone using Potlocker, Solarmovie? Thats the only way left on the Co-star. Plex too. Seems every thing else Went south. Ilive don't want to play anymore. I mean since the Co-star came out the machine itself's been begging for update's. We need someone just to write a whole new Android OS from scratch on this thing. Vizio can't. That new update was supposed to stabilize the OS, wifi, and junk, but, it's worse. They sent me a machine that's worse than my original one. This could've been the best machine on the market. Vizio F@#$ up and we have to pay for it. Get your heads out of your asses and give these people an updated OS. The Damn machine hasn't been out for a damn year! C'mon..

Last edited: Mar 28, 2014
  8. deadringer28

deadringer28 Active Member

Airtight description still says (yet) for the mirroring feature. They just updated it on March 20th so here is to hoping that the mirroring function is still coming.

"Mirroring is not supported (yet)"

Last edited: Mar 31, 2014
  9. joecitizen

joecitizen New Member

What a Ripoff! What a Waste of $100. We haven't had the Co-star for a full year and Everything, I mean Evreything is outdated. We've been Ripped off.
    I'm watching a video online and out of nowhere it stopped and I could never get it to play again because of the Missing Plug-in Message. First it was Justin TV, now it all the sites I watch content on. Vizio really sucks for not updating what they need too. I haven't used this thing in forever. Now the internet on this thing is totally useless. What should we do? Or me.... Because No one else will, that's why americans get walk all over anyways. Cause people just like to complain and do nothing to make it better. Just ten minutes into a video and now it say's Missing plug in....

10. Carlszone

Carlszone Well-Known Member

Hi

Often the missing Plugin notice occurs after you have clicked on a non compatible file. To clear your media player you just need to reboot your unit. If this doesn't clear it, try deleting cache & cookies for the affected site/s. While the file is cached it can cause compatible video content to prompt the missing plugin msg.

This happens on all the Google TV devices from time to time. Often a WMP, Flash (Higher version) or MSN Silver Light file will be the culprit. But more likely it was caused by a Youtube video that was encrypted as a paid movie. Rather than redirect our Chrome browser to the appropriate Google Play Store link, we get a "Not Autherised user" error msg, which our player seems to read as a missing plugin. Whatever the reason, don't panic.

Troubleshoot, troubleshoot, troubleshoot...

Carl

11. HDfan

HDfan New Member

please help, has been so for hours, that can do to fix

[​IMG]

12. ponghclub

ponghclub Member

@hdfan......that is the beginning to an end if it's happen more often.

First thing you must pair remote with costar follow the instructions without it you can't go forward.

Sent from my AT270 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited: May 21, 2014
  13. HDfan

HDfan New Member

@ponghclub ........ The remote control don't work anymore I changue battery

and nothing happen. :/

14. HDfan

HDfan New Member

15. overtimeman

overtimeman Active Member

I've had my Asus for almost two months and love it.Have it connected by HDMI to my living room TV.The best key board to use with it is the Logitech K400.The Chrome store has more options and you won't be left out in the dark about updates.Talk about a faster internet experience I promise you won't be disappointed.Hope this helps!

• Like Like x 2
  16. HDfan

HDfan New Member

@overtimeman

thanks for your quick response, tell me, if the video via HDMI the resolution is 1080p Full HD? smooth and crystal clear, with option for change settings of color. yes or no?

17. joecitizen

joecitizen New Member

Anyone Know why the Vizio Co-star isn't working using the Maxthon Browser on Istreamnet.net? When I press "hold to download" It doesn't stream anymore? It wants to download the episode instead. Movieland works fine though. I never changed anything. Is there something in the settings for that particular page that I'm overlooking? Thank you, fellow vizio co-star people. The box that needed updates since it hit stores!