Quantcast

Vizio Co-Star Owners Poll, Positive, Neutral or Negative Overall Opinion Week 2

Discussion in 'Vizio Co-Star' started by ChrisG8, Sep 1, 2012.

?

My overall impression after two weeks or so is

Poll closed Feb 28, 2013.
  1. Positive

17 vote(s)
    56.7%
  2. Neutral

7 vote(s)
    23.3%
  3. Negative

6 vote(s)
    20.0%
  1. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

I think we should have a simple poll and all owners of the Vizio Co-Star are welcome to vote. After two weeks or so vote and offer a simple opinion, everything you know as of now, is your opinion positive, neutral or negative? Maybe another poll at 6 months of ownership to see which way things are going?

If you bought one and quickly returned it or sold it, don't vote, that isn't the kind of user I am interested in polling. I am only interested in someone that wants what it does, gave it a real chance to shine and took the time to understand how to use it. Tried for a couple of days, didn't like it, that is fine but Google TV isn't the kind of product at this stage that can be evaluated with so little effort, not that there is anything wrong with wanting something to work perfectly and simply right out of the box, it is just that isn't a reasonable expectation for Google TV now.

2. MsCarolM

MsCarolM New Member

I'm new to both Google TV and this forum, but I've had my Co-Star for 2 weeks. So far, my impression has been largely positive. I'm still learning new things that I can do with it (like streaming music, photos, videos from my PC using Twonky), and exploring new content, apps and media that I wouldn't have discovered otherwise (like Crackle, Vanguard, and Beyond Pod).

I was never really big on watching videos or video podcasts on my phone (especially when there's a 42-inch screen less than 10 feet away from me most days), but being able to view them on my TV has opened up a whole new world for me. Out of curiosity, last night I installed the All Recipes app, and checked out a few how-to cooking videos. I'm culinarily-challenged, so these may come in handy at some point. :cool:

I think the VIZIO Co-Star is turning out to be a very good investment for me so far, and I'm glad I pre-ordered one.

3. Joendsu

Joendsu New Member

I wonder if the results would be different if the poll was only on uses that had the Logitech Revue previously - for me the Co-Star isn't any where near as good in the device control aspects (IR blaster (both directly from remote & when using phone apps) as Revue. For what I am using my Revue for (Device control, Netflix, TV & Movies app) Revue shines over Co-Star. I'm sure others that are more browser/flash focused may like the Co-Star better.

4. perfectstranger

perfectstranger New Member

I'm still on the fence. The lack of decent apps is disappointing. My uses are really simple compared to most of you guys, so far just Netflix and Amazon. Hoping Amazon makes a nice app like the one on my PS3.

5. ktklein72

ktklein72 Active Member

ATM I'm neutral but heading in the negative direction. The inability to cleanly work when an AVR is in the mix is very disappointing as is spotty MKV playback at best. IMO these should have been fully functional on release date; we should not have to be waiting for firmware updates to resolve what I consider serious issues.

6. rschauby

rschauby New Member

I agree. They need to get the basics right. Amazon, Netflix, Vudu, and Hulu services must have dedicated and polished apps.