Quantcast

Vizio Co-Star Now Works With (NEW) GTV Remote Upscale Updated Enhanced Voice Search

Discussion in 'Vizio Co-Star' started by Wisdom, Apr 4, 2013.

1. Wisdom

Wisdom New Member

YOUR BEST VIZIO CO-STAR VOICE SEARCH EXPERIENCE NOW MAYBE VIA BLUETOOTH WITH YOUR ANDROID SMARTPHONE AND TABLET

[​IMG]

Google TV Remote Now Working With Voice Search, Enjoy .....!

Description

Google TV Voice Search gives you one-button access to the power of Google TV. Just press the Voice key, then speak to watch your favorite TV shows and movies, launch applications, watch YouTube videos, go to websites and much more. Google TV Voice Search requires a microphone to work properly.

What's new:
    1. Voice search support for Google TV 3.0.
    2. Replaced the swiping D-pad to the normal D-pad.
    3. Added Accessibility.
    4. Added D-Pad Navigation.

Find TV, the web and apps you love
    As well as making it easier to find stuff to watch from your existing TV service, Google TV enhances the TV you're used to with over 100,000 movies and TV episodes on demand, thousands of YouTube channels, apps, & more content coming all the time ....

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

App Screenshots

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Discover, access, and engage with all your favorite TV content

Access endless entertainment from TV, apps, and the web. Find what you love whether you know exactly what you are looking for or need some recommendations. A simply brilliant experience with your TV, phone and tablet all working together.....

YouTube

It's never been easier to watch YouTube on the big screen

Send your favorite YouTube videos from your Android phone or tablet to TV with the touch of a button. It's easy. No wires, no setup, no nothing. Find out more here.

Google Play

Enjoy your entertainment on the big screen

Play your favorite apps, movies, TV shows and music instantly on your Google TV. Choose something straight from your Google Play library or browse the millions of titles to discover something new.

Google Chrome

The world of the web on your big screen

The web as it was intended to be. Watch online video, update your status, watch what's viral in real time - straight from your TV.

Google TV Search

Find exactly what you're looking for

A quick search and you're watching, whether it's a show title, channel name, actor, or even something broader like action comedies.

Voice Search

Speak to watch anything

The quickest path from thinking to watching. Whatever you want to watch - just say it and it's on the big screen.

PrimeTime

A guide that's all about you

Making it easy and fun to find some viewing inspiration by giving you intelligent recommendations for what to watch next without interrupting what you're watching now.

[​IMG]Google TV RemoteGoogle Inc.[​IMG]

Use your Android device as a Google TV remote! You can also send videos and...
    [​IMG]

https://play.google.com/store/apps/...NvbS5nb29nbGUuYW5kcm9pZC5hcHBzLnR2cmVtb3RlIl0 .....

Google TV Remote app for Android gets its first update, with voice search and design tweaks HD

By Richard Lawler posted Apr 4th, 2013 at 11:16 AM26
    [HR][/HR]
    [​IMG]
    The official Google TV Remote app for Android has been around since late 2010, but it only just received its first update since launch. So what's changed? Support for voice commands has been extended for compatibility with Voice Search on Google TV 3.0, the old swiping directional circle has been replaced with an easier to use tappable d-pad, the look has changed slightly (check after the break for a screen of the old UI) there's accessibility support, and now the icon is sporting a small microphone. They're all minor tweaks, but after a couple of years, it's nice to see any attention being paid. We'll see if bigger changes for the platform are in store at Google I/O in May.
    Update: Now that the official app has been updated, third party apps may add similar features, including the popular Able Remote which also added Voice Search.
    [​IMG]

Able Remote 2.3.6 Released with Google Voice Search
    Able Remote 2.3.6 for Google TV has been released in the Google Play Store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.entertailion.android.remote

The ultimate +Google TV remote. Turn your Android device into a Google TV remote. A Google TV featured app.

+Able Remote 2.3.6 includes:
    - Voice search support for Google TV 3.0....Expand this post »
    [​IMG]Able RemoteENTERTAILION LLC

Turn your Android device into a customized Google TV remote. A Google TV fe...
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2014
  2. trophyguy

trophyguy Member

That's cute. Google Voice Search is incompatible with my Nexus 10 and Galaxy S III

3. Wisdom

Wisdom New Member

What? you mean to tell me the new GTV upscale update remote doesn't work with Mr. Sammy's device, the Sammy Galaxy S 3 Tray ... I pray it works with Mr. Sammy's Galaxy S 4 and Note 3 Tray ...

4. trophyguy

trophyguy Member

I followed that store link and that's what I got. :(

5. Wisdom

Wisdom New Member

If you cannot download the new GTV Remote from the strore, if you like, I can send you the apk to test on your Sam Galaxy 3 Tray ...

6. dtaylor

dtaylor Member

7. dtaylor

dtaylor Member

Wisdom, the app you're linking to doesn't seem to be compatible with the Co-Star according to another user. Is it still only available to LG users?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2014
  8. Wisdom

Wisdom New Member

That's what I was thinking he might have done, when he said it did not work on his new Android mobile devices ....

*The correct link has now been posted above, my fault, sorry about that and thanks a ton ...!

Last edited: Apr 4, 2013
  9. Wisdom

Wisdom New Member

[h=1]Google TV Remote app for Android gets its first update, with voice search and design tweaks HD[/h] By Richard Lawler posted Apr 4th, 2013 at 11:16 AM26
    [HR][/HR]
    [​IMG]
    The official Google TV Remote app for Android has been around since late 2010, but it only just received its first update since launch. So what's changed? Support for voice commands has been extended for compatibility with Voice Search on Google TV 3.0, the old swiping directional circle has been replaced with an easier to use tappable d-pad, the look has changed slightly (check after the break for a screen of the old UI) there's accessibility support, and now the icon is sporting a small microphone. They're all minor tweaks, but after a couple of years, it's nice to see any attention being paid. We'll see if bigger changes for the platform are in store at Google I/O in May.
    Update: Now that the official app has been updated, third party apps may add similar features, including the popular Able Remote which also added Voice Search.
    [​IMG]

10. sraj49

sraj49 New Member

I have Vizio CO star and Google TV remote apk works very well and I do not have any issues.

11. Wisdom

Wisdom New Member

Able Remote 2.3.6 Released with Google Voice Search

Able Remote 2.3.6 for Google TV has been released in the Google Play Store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.entertailion.android.remote

The ultimate +Google TV remote. Turn your Android device into a Google TV remote. A Google TV featured app.

+Able Remote 2.3.6 includes:
    - Voice search support for Google TV 3.0....Expand this post »
    [​IMG]Able RemoteENTERTAILION LLC

Turn your Android device into a customized Google TV remote. A Google TV fe...
    [​IMG]

12. ronnycopeh

ronnycopeh Member

Is there a new remote that has a microphone that can be used with the Co-star? As it is it don't work.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Wisdom

Wisdom New Member

The Google TV remote via your Android smartphone or tablet is the only remote I know of to the best of my knowledge ... So far the Google TV remote works better than I expected it would with the Vizio Co-Star, sweet ...

14. seanwi

seanwi New Member

When i try to pair my note2 to co star i get "pairing error" message when launcing able remote
    Any suggestions?

15. seanwi

seanwi New Member

Wisdom, the app you're linking to (https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...tv.voicesearch) doesn't seem to be compatible with the Co-Star
    Can you send me the apk file?

16. Wisdom

Wisdom New Member

17. seanwi

seanwi New Member

Last edited: Apr 12, 2013
  18. Wisdom

Wisdom New Member

Call my friend Mr. Sammy and give him the 411 (Info) ... Tell him, I said make sure it's comnpatible with the Note 3 Tray (Giant Screen) coming soon ...!(l0l):cool: