Quantcast

Vizio Co-Star Next Update Will Include *Vudu, M-GO App And Amazon Instant Video (HD)

Discussion in 'Vizio Co-Star' started by Wisdom, Jan 26, 2013.

1. Wisdom

Wisdom New Member

V4.6.0 Google TV 3.0 OS Now Available For The Vizio Co-Star

[​IMG]

Here testing another new Vizio Co-star ....! Thanks to Evel for the above photo, as you can see the new Vizio Co-Star Super V4.6.0 Google TV3 OS Update Upgrade has began rolling out to all Co-Star owners, just be patient it will be coming to youy very soon ....

VUDU, NEW M-GO APP AND AMAZON INSTANT VIDEO (HD)

[​IMG]
    {Warning Be On The Lookout, *Vudu Is Coming To Your Vizio Co-Star Via The Next Update, Which Should Be Very Soon}

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    {Warning Be On The Lookout, *Vudu Is Coming To Your Vizio Co-Star Via The Next Update, Which Should Be Very Soon}

An automatic over-the-air Co-Star update will begin rolling out the end of January to all current stream player owners providing them with access to VIZIO's featured new apps including M-GO, *VUDU and an updated Amazon Instant Video experience ....

Consumers will also experience the latest Google TV platform features like Voice Search using a compatible Google TV remote application, as well as the new mobile pairing feature for YouTube that turns your phone into a remote control ....
    [​IMG]PR Newswire (VIZIO Adds Innovative New Apps to Industry's Top Connected... -- IRVINE, Calif. and LAS VEGAS, Jan. 8, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --)

*Get the Vizio Co-Star M-Go App download HERE https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...Lm1nby5ndHYiXQ ....

M-GO video on-demand movie service launches, streams to PCs, Samsung and Vizio players

By
    Richard Lawler posted Jan 5th, 2013 at 12:23 PM1
    [HR][/HR]
    [​IMG]
    Rushing in the door with yet another way to rent/buy movies over the internet, M-GO is promising it's the "people friendliest" service we've seen so far. Backed by Technicolor and DreamWorks Animation, it's ready to stream movies PCs through their web browser, as well as connected devices preloaded with its apps including Vizio, Sony and Intel ultrabooks. To live up to that friendly moniker, M-GO promises that if you're looking for a movie it doesn't offer, it will search other stores to find it for you, Flixster style. It also builds a profile of content you like and provides suggestions, sports an "easy as pie" interface as well as support for up to 5 profiles per account to help households browse through their preferred and owned content .....

On top of that it supports Ultraviolet -- and potentially other digital lockers -- to let users access the content they've already paid for, and has licensed content from NBCUniversal, Paramount Pictures, Relativity Media, Sony Pictures Home Entertainment, Twentieth Century Fox, Warner Bros. Digital Distribution. We couldn't pull up our Ultraviolet content just yet when we tried it, but with an Android app and plans to show up on LG and RCA devices soon we'll probably have more opportunities to test it soon. Check after the break for the press release with all the details and a preview video, or hit the source link to give it a shot yourself .....

FlixFling (www.flixfling.com)

NOW
    available for the VIZIO Co-Star stream player .....
    Go HERE to download (No Side Loading Required) https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...bGl4ZmxpbmciXQ ...

Further expanding content options for consumers, FlixFling is an entertainment content provider that allows consumers to share more than 10,000 movies and TV shows across multiple FlixFling enabled devices ....

Utilizing FlixFling's unique digital locker, MyFlix, consumers can store their favorite content and access it anywhere and anytime without having to download or sync devices. FlixFling is currently available on all VIZIO Smart TVs and will be available on the VIZIO Co-Star stream player in 2013.
    [​IMG]PR Newswire (http://s.tt/1y7rf)

[​IMG]

Description

- FREE Integrated Digital Locker, FlixFling saves all of your purchases for streaming through any supported device.
    - Use your existing FlixFling account on your Android Device!
    - Over 10,000 available titles
    - No Risk 14 Day FREE trial for subscribers!
    - Access your content on hundreds of devices, from Set-Top Boxes to PC's, Tablets, Mobile Phones, Smart TV's and More!
    Watch thousands of your favorite movies and TV shows with the FlixFling App for Android!
    FlixFling brings you the movies and TV shows you love in an easy, exciting and convenient way. With FlixFling for your Android Device, you can rent, purchase and watch movies whenever you want, wherever you want.
    Additionally, FlixFling movies will never take up precious storage space on your device. FlixFling's digital locker, MyFlix, stores your rentals and purchases so you can enjoy them on any FlixFling supported device without the need to download or sync.
    New to FlixFling? Create an account today and either watch unlimited movies for just 7.99/month or sign up for FREE and pay as you go!Already a FlixFling user? Use this free app to browse, watch and rate titles in the Flix Fling library as well as access your previous rentals and purchases in MyFlix!

Vizio Co-Star: *CinemaNow* High End Upscale Movie Service (Hollywood's Top Hits)
    *CinemaNow High End Upscale Movie Service For The Vizio Co-Star, Just As Good Or Better Than *Vudu

[​IMG]

You can now get the high end upscale *CinemaNow Movie Service* on your Vizio Co-Star high end movie services streaming player HERE
    CinemaNow-1.apk! (Side Load Required) Register Now ...!

CinemaNow Brings Hollywood's Top Hits All The Time

[​IMG]

NOW PLAYING ON CINEMANOW, NOW PLAYING ON YOUR VIZIO CO-STAR

How to fix Able Remote's compatibility issues with VIZIO Co-Star [video]

by Edgar Cervantes on February 6th, 2013

[​IMG]

Using your Google TV manufacturer's remote can be a pain. Some of these are simply not as great as we would hope they were, and that makes a huge difference in one's experience with a smart TV. This is why I choose to use Able Remote, a great alternative to those bulky, and many times inferior, TV remotes ...

In my Able Remote review I mention a specific problem this app has with the Vizio Co-Star. More specifically, an issue that any Google TV device without an IR blaster would have. Being one of them, the Vizio Co-Star can not control other devices like the cable box or TV - only the remote can. This makes it harder for the Able Remote app to control said companion devices ....

There is a way to fix it, though. You can make it so the remote stays active while not in use, then the Co-Star will send Able Remote's commands to the physical remote, which will then send the commands to the cable box, DVR or TV. The remote's power saving mode must be turned off in order to accomplish this, so keep in mind your remote's battery life should be compromised at least a bit ....
    Check out the tutorial video and let us know how this fix works for you! Have you been having issues with Able Remote not being able to control your cable box? If so, we hope you can now enjoy your fully-functional remote alternative .....!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Again, if other well known Internet streaming media players do NOT install the high end upscale (Pay-Per-View) movie service "Vudu", this may set the Vizio Co-Star apart as the best Internet streaming media player as far as the best media content ...

Along with several other high end movies services, that were also included in the new upscale v4.6.0 Google TV 3.0 upgrade .....

Another thing, that's not being mention is the new updated added machine like precision horse power of the new v4.6.0 Vizio Co-Star, compared to the old v3.5.0 Co-Star ...!

[​IMG]

I must admit, one of the sweetest new features of the Vizio Co-Star v4.6.0 Google Tv 3 upscale upgrade is the "Google TV PrimeTime Quick Guide" .... You can scroll the "Quick Guide" across the bottom of your TV screen, even during viewing live TV, yeah sweet ....(l0l):cool:

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2014
    • Like Like x 2
  2. polardude1983

polardude1983 New Member

So I guess the Sony NSZ-GT1 is out for vudu.

• Like Like x 2
  3. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 2
  4. polardude1983

polardude1983 New Member

Even if the Vudu app doesn't support HD. Still would love to play content from it.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Wisdom

Wisdom New Member

[​IMG]

I don't believe Sony will stand back and let Vizio get away with this ultimate super multimedia enhancement to the Vizio Co-Star ...(l0l)

Last edited: Jan 26, 2013
  6. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

Vudu is the best HD streaming source I have ever seen and I don't think Google would bother with it if it wasn't going to include HD so I am not concerned about that. I hope it will also come to the first generation Google TV models but that is something I am concerned about.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Wisdom

Wisdom New Member

[​IMG]

If you guys want the Vudu.apk for your Android tablets, the link can be found here in post #3 Vudu apk - xda-developers ....

8. Wisdom

Wisdom New Member

This is the deal, if the Vizio Co-Star gets ALL of the above updates, Vudu, M-Go and Amazon Instant Video (HD), which I believe it will, plus the voice command stuff ...(l0l)

Lets say (Sony, Roku, Apple TV, WD, Hisense, Boxee ...ect) the other Internet streaming media players on the market today don't offer/match the same multimedia spices as Vizio Corp adds to the Co-Star, then the Vizio Co-Star will become the "King Dog" of Internet streaming media players ...!

The Vizio Co-Star with the added coming multimedia spices, if left unmatched, maybe crowned the best Internet streaming media player on the market today, hands down ...

[​IMG]

9. Wisdom

Wisdom New Member

Redbox Instant by Verizon Coming To Vizio Co-Star Via Google Play Store

[​IMG]

Redbox Instant by Verizon (www.
    redboxinstant.com) - Combining the best of disc and digital, Redbox Instant by Verizon is a fun, simple way for consumers to discover and enjoy the best Hollywood movies. Currently in public beta, Redbox Instant by Verizon will be available later this month on the VIZIO tablets and Co-Star stream player through the Google Play store and can be enjoyed on VIZIO PCs through RedboxInstant.com ....

The Redbox Instant by Verizon service offers several ways for consumers to watch their favorite movies at home and on-the-go. Through the subscription plan consumers can enjoy a content-rich catalog of movies available for on-demand streaming, plus four one-night credits to redeem the latest DVD releases at the kiosk all for $8 per month. Customers can also use Redbox Instant by Verizon without a subscription and select new releases available for purchase or rental, or simply reserve for pick up at their local Redbox kiosk location ....
    [​IMG]PR Newswire (VIZIO Adds Innovative New Apps to Industry's Top Connected... -- IRVINE, Calif. and LAS VEGAS, Jan. 8, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --)

[​IMG]

10. mgm1979

mgm1979 New Member

M-GO is already available for 'update' via Play Store...not impressed with them.

Has anyone figured out a way to re-assign the 'hot' buttons? (So I can have the M-GO button load up Vudu, for example)

• Like Like x 2
  11. Wisdom

Wisdom New Member

[​IMG]

Thank you for the info, I did not know that M-Go was already at the Google Play Store. As far as the M-Go download being mapped to the assigned remote button, I believe that will automaticallybe done via the coming next update ... Get the M-Go download HERE https://play.google.com/store/apps/...DEsImNvbS50ZWNobmljb2xvci5uYXZpLm1nby5ndHYiXQ ....

[​IMG]

[h=2]Description[/h]M-GO is the people-friendliest, pay-as-you-go, digital entertainment service that makes it easier than ever to browse, rent, buy and enjoy the newest and broadest selection of movies and TV shows on your screens. M-GO's mission is to transform the world of digital entertainment on the viewer's terms ....

M-GO has secured content deals with Hollywood's major studios which drives its always growing library of the newest releases - the earliest it is available at retail - as well as a deep catalogue of hidden gems and classic favorites. M-GO is available on all major platforms and functions on a full spectrum of operating systems. M-GO is a free service available at www.mgo.com ...

12. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

The Google Play Store says that the M-GO app is incompatible with my Logitech Revue (OS 3.1). Oh well...................

• Like Like x 2
  13. ChrisG8

The Play Store indicates it is compatible with my NSZ-GS7 but incompatible with my NSZ-GT1 and Revue. Too bad, it looks like a good app for Google TV.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Wisdom

Wisdom New Member

Yeah, you are right Cat, I just found out it's only for the Vizio Co-Star and the Sony streaming Internet media players ... See, this is exactly what I'm talking about, I believe Vizio Corp plan on stacking the deck with a lot of multimedia spices on the Vizio Co-Star ...

15. ChrisG8

I think M-GO will be compatible with all second generation Google TV devices and incompatible with all first generation Google TV devices. Someone with a Hisense or Netgear box can confirm those second generation models are compatible sometime in the not very distant future, if not right now.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Wisdom

Wisdom New Member

I just got through talking with someone in the know, they were telling me that the M-Go app is incompatible with both Hisense or Netgear boxes. I pray that he is wrong ..!

17. Wisdom

Wisdom New Member

After you install the M-Go app on to your Vizio Co-Star, it auto maps the M-Go app to the M-Go button on the Co-Star remote, sweet ....

18. Wisdom

Wisdom New Member

More info on M-Go ....!

19. Wisdom

Wisdom New Member

20. bdcfam

bdcfam New Member

I side loaded it on my logitech revue and it works great

• Like Like x 4