Quantcast

Vizio Co-Star NEW v5.3.0 "PlayPoint Apk DLNA Media Player" (Upscale Codec Packed)

Discussion in 'Vizio Co-Star' started by Wisdom, Jun 29, 2013.

1. Wisdom

Wisdom New Member

WELCOME TESTERS FROM THE PULSE, QUBE AND Netgear NeoTV FORUMS

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The above video clips were played on the Vizio Co-Star via the on board PlayPoint DLNA Media Player, which also has been confirmed to work on Sony's G7 ....!

Here is a link to the
    PlayPoint.apk extracted from the Vizio Co-Star, the NEW v5.3.0 PlayPoint DLNA Media Player is with enhanced (Upscale Codec Packed) ....

*Amazon Video app
    ATVAndroidGTVClient.apk (Side Loading Required) ...

*OnLive Gaming app
    OnLive.apk (Side Loading Required) ...

*M-Go (HD) Movies app
    Mgo.apk (Side Loading Required) ...

If you are not a Co-Star owner, and have another Google TV device G7, Pulse, Cube ...ect, please test these apps on your GTV device via (Side Loading) ... Let us know if it works on your GTV device, thanks in advance ...!

The above PlayPoint.apk was extracted from the new Vizio Co-Star v5.3.0 Google TV 3 OS via the Secret Co-Star App Extraction Tool (Not A Product Of GTVHachers) ....

PLEASE NOTE: Please Do Not Ask About Vizio Co-Star "ROOT" or The Secret Co-Star App Extraction Tool ....

My friends (Not Trying To Be Rude) if I tell all the secrets about the Vizio Co-Star to everybody Vizio Corp will close all the holes in their current v5.3.0 OS tomorrow ...

Last edited: Jul 1, 2013
  2. Wisdom

Wisdom New Member

REAL DEAL....!

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
    <manifest android:versionCode="10" android:versionName="1.2.4 P" package="com.pv.googletv_vzo"
    xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android">
    <application android:theme="@*android:style/Theme.NoTitleBar" android:label="@string/app_name" android:icon="@drawable/launcher_icon" android:name=".GtvApplication" android:debuggable="false" android:logo="@drawable/twonky_logo">
    <activity android:theme="@*android:style/Theme.Holo.NoActionBar" android:label="@string/app_name" android:name="com.pv.googletv_vzo.SplashScreen" android:screenOrientation="landscape">
    <intent-filter>

Last edited: Jun 29, 2013
  3. deadringer28

deadringer28 Active Member

Is this an updated version of PlayPoint that is not available in the 5.3.0 stock firmware. I am not exactly sure what this is or if I should download it.

4. Wisdom

Wisdom New Member

It'S for testing on other GTV devices ...!

5. Wisdom

Wisdom New Member

Confirmed by Saeba, The Vizio Co-Star PlayPoint DLNA Media Player works on Sony's G7 ....

6. Wisdom

Wisdom New Member

7. neevak

neevak New Member

secret apk extraction tool?
    I'm pretty sure any app capable of backing up apks will do the job
    I used Androzip to backup an app the other day...
    vizio is too busy ignoring this product...besides there is nothing you've said that requires patching
    now, if there's another dlna app that supports screen mirror from widi enabled devices... that would be thread worthy

Last edited: Jun 30, 2013
  8. Wisdom

Wisdom New Member

Sir, I have no ideal what you are talking about, thanks for your opinion ...

Now if you know of a tool that can backup all the apps on the Vizio Co-Star, please direct me to it ....

When I'm about to do a hard reset, I can first backup all the apps on my Co-Stars and when the Co-Stars comes back up, I can auto restore all the apps back to the Co-Star, please direct me to this tool, take care ....

9. revue5

revue5 Well-Known Member

10. Wisdom

Wisdom New Member

11. Wisdom

Wisdom New Member

We are talking about test that are totally different from what Revue5 is talking about ... He has no ideal what's going down ... I requested Saeba today to run test on OnLive, Amazon Video and M-Go ... The main thing we wanted to work was PlayPoint Media Player, which works very well with Sony's N7, confirmed by senveral sources ...

12. Wisdom

Wisdom New Member

Big thanks to Saeba

Thanks again Saeba for the new test today, now we have a good ideal of what works and what doesn't work ... Anyway the main test was the PlayPoint DLNA Media Player, which several people on other forums ran different types of test with the Sony's N7 connected to (Storage Devices) with great success, again thanks a million ...

13. Wisdom

Wisdom New Member

I don't have time with your mess, it works like a charm, stop trying to undermine my threads, they were different types of test ...

14. revue5

revue5 Well-Known Member

Have a look at this edit/update ...

& here

15. Wisdom

Wisdom New Member

What are you talking man, we are only doing test ....!(l0l)

The main test was the PlayPoint DLNA Media Player, which several people on other forums ran different types of test with the Sony's N7 connected to (Storage Devices) with great success, again thanks a million ...
    #4saeba
    [​IMG]
    Member [​IMG]
    [HR][/HR]Member #6379
    Join DateFeb 2012
    Posts68
    Thanked15 times
    Just curious... why would we want this? What capabilities would it provide that we don't have in other apps? Thanks!

Update: It does work on my Sony GS7.

Wisdom said,

I don't go in your threads and do this kind of mess, go post in your own threads dude ...!(lol)

Ok, you are mad, because you CANNOT pull apps off of Sony's G7, you don't have the know how (TECHNOLOGY) ...(lol)

16. revue5

revue5 Well-Known Member

I posted this user finding, since it appears to be relevant to this thread (duplicate /multiple threads).

& i think that he also deserves kudos for taking the time & updating his experience after extensive testing (w/ PlayPoint DLNA Media Player & GS7) … obviously, you disagree … ;)

17. Wisdom

Wisdom New Member

Jealousy is as binding as the grave ...

I requested saeba and others to do the testing, plus people on other forums too ... Dude you are totally out of context .... How can I disagree with their findings ???? You need to put that pipe down ...!

I don't go in your threads and do this kind of mess, go post in your own threads dude ...!(lol)

Ok, you are mad, because you CANNOT pull apps off of Sony's G7, you don't have the know how or (TECHNOLOGY) ...(lol)

18. Wisdom

Wisdom New Member

WELCOME TESTERS FROM THE PULSE, QUBE AND Netgear NeoTV FORUMS

First Of All Knowledge Is Power, Whatever The Mind Can Conceive and Believe It Can Achieve

When I decompiled the PlayPoint DLNA Media Player and ran a analysis of the files, my first thought, this app can work on Sony's G7, which it can..... ChrisG8, either you have no knowledge of (Side Loading) apps to GTV devices or you are just plain ignorant of the process, because, it's so easy a caveman can do it ... I see a lot of people who wants to speake on things they don'y have knowledge of at all ...

[​IMG]
    Originally Posted by mjeshurun[​IMG]
    Installed successfully on GS7 running REL10, but can't seem to play any videos through Plex Server.

Wisdom said:

Thanks very much for joining the testing group, now concerning your finding ....

It's known fact, even on the Vizio Co-Star, the Plex Server will not work with PlayPoint DLNA Media Player ... Now on the other hand PlayPoint DLNA Media Player works like a charm with the new Serviio Server Console, which is far superior to the Plex Server and will work with just about all external (Storage Device) ....

Adding the Serviio Console Server to Sony's G7 with the PlayPoint DLNA Media Player On board will give Sony's G7 another upscale enhancement feature ...

Actually I only use Serviio Server Console and the Plex Server to me they are the best ..

< ?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
    < manifest android:versionCode="10" android:versionName="1.2.4 P" package="com.pv.googletv_vzo"
    xmlns:android="
    http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android">
    <application android:theme="@*android:style/Theme.NoTitleBar" android:label="@string/app_name" android:icon="@drawable/launcher_icon" android:name=".GtvApplication" android:debuggable="false" android:logo="@drawable/twonky_logo">
    <activity android:theme="@*android:style/Theme.Holo.NoActionBar" android:label="@string/app_name" android:name="com.pv.googletv_vzo.SplashScreen" android:screenOrientation="landscape">
    <intent-filter>
    <action android:name="android.intent.action.MAIN" />
    <category android:name="android.intent.category.LAUNCHER" />
    </intent-filter>
    </activity>
    <activity android:theme="@*android:style/Theme.Holo.NoActionBar" android:name="com.pv.googletv_vzo.GtvMainActivity" android:screenOrientation="landscape" />
    <activity android:theme="@*android:style/Theme.Black.NoTitleBar.Fullscreen" android:name="com.pv.googletv_vzo.AudioDmrActivity " android:launchMode="singleTop" android:screenOrientation="landscape">
    <intent-filter>
    <action android:name="com.pv.googletv_vzo.AUDIO_DMR_ACTIVI TY" />
    <category android:name="android.intent.category.DEFAULT" />
    </intent-filter>
    </activity>
    <activity android:theme="@*android:style/Theme.Black.NoTitleBar.Fullscreen" android:name="com.pv.googletv_vzo.PhotoDmrActivity " android:screenOrientation="landscape" />
    <activity android:theme="@*android:style/Theme.Black.NoTitleBar.Fullscreen" android:name=".VideoDmrActivity" android:screenOrientation="landscape">
    <intent-filter>
    <action android:name="com.pv.googletv_vzo.VIDEO_ACTIVITY" />
    </intent-filter>
    </activity>
    <service android:name=".GtvService" />
    <service android:name="com.pv.tmslib.TwonkyMobileService" android:process="com.pv.tmslib.TwonkyMobileService">
    <intent-filter>
    <action android:name="com.pv.googletv_vzo.ServiceActions.A CTION_GETURL_TMS" />
    </intent-filter>
    <intent-filter>
    <action android:name="com.pv.googletv_vzo.ServiceActions.A CTION_START_TMS" />
    </intent-filter>
    <intent-filter>
    <action android:name="com.pv.googletv_vzo.ServiceActions.A CTION_RESTART_TMS" />
    </intent-filter>
    <intent-filter>
    <action android:name="com.pv.googletv_vzo.ServiceActions.A CTION_STOP_TMS" />
    </intent-filter>
    <intent-filter>
    <action android:name="com.pv.googletv_vzo.ServiceActions.A CTION_WIFI_CHANGE" />
    </intent-filter>
    <intent-filter>
    <action android:name="com.pv.googletv_vzo.ServiceActions.A CTION_MEDIA_CHANGE" />
    </intent-filter>
    <intent-filter>
    <action android:name="com.pv.googletv_vzo.ServiceActions.A CTION_SET_PARAMS" />
    </intent-filter>
    <intent-filter>
    <action android:name="com.pv.googletv_vzo.ServiceActions.A CTION_EDIT_SETTINGS" />
    </intent-filter>
    <intent-filter>
    <action android:name="com.pv.googletv_vzo.ServiceActions.A CTION_SHARE_SETTINGS_AVAILABLE" />
    </intent-filter>
    <intent-filter>
    <action android:name="com.pv.googletv_vzo.ServiceActions.A CTION_SHARE_SETTINGS_ERROR" />
    </intent-filter>
    <intent-filter>
    <action android:name="com.pv.googletv_vzo.ServiceActions.A CTION_SHARE_SETTINGS_CANCELED" />
    </intent-filter>
    <intent-filter>
    <action android:name="com.pv.googletv_vzo.ServiceActions.A CTION_SCAN_STATUS" />
    </intent-filter>
    </service>
    <receiver android:name=".GtvBootUpReceiver" android:permission="android.permission.RECEIVE_BOOT_COMPLET ED" android:enabled="true">
    <intent-filter>
    <action android:name="android.intent.action.BOOT_COMPLETED " />
    <action android:name="com.marvell.AppKiller.RESUME_COMPLET ED" />
    </intent-filter>
    </receiver>
    <receiver android:name=".GtvUSBStatusChangeReceiver" android:enabled="true">
    <intent-filter>
    <action android:name="android.intent.action.MEDIA_MOUNTED" />
    <action android:name="android.intent.action.MEDIA_UNMOUNTE D" />
    <action android:name="android.intent.action.MEDIA_EJECT" />
    <data android:scheme="file" />
    </intent-filter>
    </receiver>
    </application>
    <uses-permission android:name="android.permission.INTERNET" />
    <uses-permission android:name="android.permission.SET_ORIENTATION" />
    <uses-permission android:name="android.permission.WRITE_SETTINGS" />
    <uses-permission android:name="android.permission.ACCESS_NETWORK_ST ATE" />
    <uses-permission android:name="android.permission.READ_PHONE_STATE" />
    <uses-permission android:name="android.permission.WAKE_LOCK" />
    <uses-permission android:name="android.permission.ACCESS_WIFI_STATE " />
    <uses-permission android:name="android.permission.CHANGE_WIFI_STATE " />
    <uses-permission android:name="android.permission.CHANGE_WIFI_MULTI CAST_STATE" />
    <uses-permission android:name="android.permission.WRITE_EXTERNAL_ST ORAGE" />
    <uses-permission android:name="android.permission.RECEIVE_BOOT_COMP LETED" />
    <uses-permission android:name="android.permission.MODIFY_AUDIO_SETT INGS" />
    < /manifest>

19. neevak

neevak New Member

No need to get butt-hurt.
    I just found it hilarious that you were boasting about some secret apk extraction tool, when any apk backup tool from the play store that can be sideloaded will do the job, without the need for root permissions. I haven't tried any application for this purpose since my zip extraction app already has its own backup function. If you are so inclined in backing up all the APKs off the device (without the need to make a different thread for each one), then feel free to download the free version of Androzip from the play store, and sideload it to your vizio costar. Once inside the application, press menu and go to App Manager, from there you can backup any apk installed, which you probably already could, if you were able to sideload this app in the first place.

And quit flooding threads with useless XML code.

Anyway, I'll quit while I am still sane. Trying to read your posts is hurting my head, too much copy pasted content spanning consecutive posts with the same response from you. I can't tell if the forum is bugging out or it's just you... !(l0l)

20. Wisdom

Wisdom New Member

Dude what in hell are you talking about, I never ever said anywhere in this thread, that I use some kind of secret tool to side load apps, WOW ...! Again I have no idea what you are talking about, are you trying to start a flame war ...

If you are trying to start a flame war please go HERE http://www.flamewar.com ... This thread is all about testing several Co-Star apps on different GTV devices and nothing else ...

You are in the wrong place and on the wrong subject matter at hand, again please follow the link to get what you are look for dude, a flame war ....(lol)