Quantcast

Vizio Co-Star (New Upscale YouTube App), Google TV Rule

Discussion in 'Vizio Co-Star' started by Wisdom, Dec 7, 2012.

1. Wisdom

Wisdom New Member

YouTube brings its guide feature to all devices, provides easier access to subscribed content Mobile By Michael Gorman posted Dec 6th, 2012

[​IMG]

The new Upscale YouTube app for the Vizio Co-Star maybe the best Google TV YouTube app ever, it's just that sweet ... Your Android handheld mobile devices now becomes your remote ....

Description

YouTube for Google TV, watch your favorite videos straight from your sofa.
    Official YouTube app for Google TV brings your favorite videos straight to your living room.It offers:
    - Type to search anywhere in the app. Find a video or channel.
    - Automatic playlists - see more videos from the same channel, see related videos to the one your are watching.
    - Personalized home screen video feed including subscriptions, recommendations, your playlists.
    - Channel Browser - discover new YouTube channels.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The folks working at YouTube are quite the busy little bees, updating apps, adding content and refreshing the site's look. Today, the site's rolling out its guide feature through YouTube.com and every YouTube app there is ....

The video site first introduced the guide last year on its web portal, allowing folks an easy way to keep track of new videos on their subscribed channels. Now,
    Android, iPhone, PS3, Google TV and other YouTube apps are getting the feature, plus the website's getting a fresh new look as well. You can get a better look at the new page layout after the break, and there's more info about the changes at the source below ....

[​IMG]

2. TrooperThorn

TrooperThorn New Member

I just ran the YouTube update on my Co-Star, and I really hate it. It has added advertisements in between videos when I'm watching a playlist, and it has also stopped skipping over videos not available on the TV.

Now, when it encounters a video that is not available for play on TV, it just displays an error reading "Not available on TV" and you have to manually advance to the next video in the playlist. Previously it just alerted you and moved on to the next video.

Does anybody have the APK for the most recent version prior to this release? It would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

• Like Like x 2