Quantcast

Vizio Co-Star is available for preorder again

Discussion in 'Google TV General Discussion' started by Tye, Aug 1, 2012.

1. Tye

Tye Member

In case you missed out on the previous preorder a few days ago (they sold out quickly, then):
    http://store.vizio.com/costar

2. skypros

skypros New Member

I was going to buy one.... But they won't ship till the end of the month and they are charging $10 shipping.

I am just going to wait and see how people like it..... especially the remote, as that is what is drawing me to to device.

3. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

It looks like the Co-Star is out of stock again (according to the Vizio web site).

It would be interesting to know how many units Vizio has already sold. IMO they are being smart (and a bit conservative) on the number of boxes they manufacture for each preorder phase. Compare this to how Logitech mis-managed the Revue situation (by initially over-producing the Revue before the actual demand was confirmed). Thus Logitech was stuck with a huge inventory overhang that they couldn't get rid of until they slashed prices by 66%.

Also by only making the Co-Star available on their own web site - Vizio makes a higher profit margin. I would eventually hope they it gets offered in Walmart stores. Vizio is big in Walmart. They would make less profit per unit that way - but make up for that with more units being sold IMO.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2012