Quantcast

Vizio Co-Star Hidden Dimension With Twonky Server, Plus Twonky Beam, Sweet

Discussion in 'Vizio Co-Star' started by Wisdom, Oct 30, 2012.

1. Wisdom

Wisdom New Member

Official Request To "GTV-Issues" For Flash 11 - (Please Vote)
    Hi all. I made an official request for Flash 11 on GTV devices - at the "GTV Issues" web page for GTV code developers. Please go to that page (see link below) and click to "star" that feature request. The stars are in the column on the left side. Just click on the star. The request for Flash 11 is item #87. This is something that will improve GTV for everybody. Thank you: A CATFISHRIVERS PROJECT ...!

Issues - googletv-issues - Google TV Issue Tracker - Google Project Hosting

[​IMG]

As you probably know already, a lot of websites when you visit via the Vizio Co Star's built IN chrome web browser, that some websites will now no longer play video using flash any longer ..... A large number of websites have switched over to Microsoft's Silverlight for playing video, hopefully Google will give up a update very soon .....

So I went searching for another way to get the videos from some websites via my PC to my big screen TV via the Vizio Co-Star via PlayPiont media Play (DLNA), thus far the easiest way that I have found is to use the Twonky Server and Twonky Beam (DLNA) ...

In the above photo is a NASA video from NASA's website, that's being beam to my TV from my computer via Twonky Beam, via my Vizio Co-Star, via PlayPoint in 1080p video resolution quality .... I had no ideal this dimension even existed on the Vizio Co-Star ... PV Corp made the Vizio Co-Star for Vizio Corp, PV Corp made the Twonky Server/Twonky Beam also, so it all makes sense now ..(lol)

This technology dimension between the Vizio Co-Star and Twonky Beam is truly sweet, because it allows you to beam videos, music, and photos from certain websites direct to your TV via the Vizio Co-Star, and it does this almost automatic, it does not get any better than this ...(lol)

Actually the Vizio Co-Star is Twonky Beam Ready, because we have the on board built IN PlayPoint media (DLNA) player, made by the same company that made the Vizio Co-Star and the Twonky Server/Twonky Beam ....

*PLEASE NOTE: When You Have The Vizio Co-Star Connected To Your Big Screen Non DLNA TV, It Automatically Becomes a DLNA TV With The Vizio Co-Star Connected To It ... You Now Can Also Beam Media From Your Android DLNA Smartphone/Tablet Direct To Your Vizio Co-Star Connected Big Screen DLNA TV .....

Twonk Beam (See Above YouTube Video), when installed on to your computer is integrated into Internet Explorer (Twonky Beam Must Be Open), so when you go to a website, it will auto let you know, if you can beam video, music, or photos from the website ... You can get all the details here Videos ...

I would advise ALL Vizio Co-Star owners to get the Twonky Server and Twonky Beam .... It's like adding a new dimension to the Vizio Co-Star, very sweet ....

Go here to for more info http://www.twonky.com/products/twonk...s/default.aspx .... (FREE TRIAL)

Their is also a Android mobile phone/tablet app to, go here http://www.twonky.com/products/twonk...ambrowser.aspx

WORKS WITH THE VIZIO CO-STAR .....!

Official Request To "GTV-Issues" For Flash 11 - (Please Vote)
    Hi all. I made an official request for Flash 11 on GTV devices - at the "GTV Issues" web page for GTV code developers. Please go to that page (see link below) and click to "star" that feature request. The stars are in the column on the left side. Just click on the star. The request for Flash 11 is item #87. This is something that will improve GTV for everybody. Thank you: A CATFISHRIVERS PROJECT ...!

Issues - googletv-issues - Google TV Issue Tracker - Google Project Hosting

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2014
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Wisdom

Wisdom New Member

Here is a list of web sites that work with Twonky via your Vizio Co-Star giving you access from these websites Videos, Music and Photos The Multi dimensions of the Vizio Co-Star, just awesome ....!

The links below should have media available to beam. Websites change, though, so it's possible that they no longer have beamable content. If you experience problems with any of these links, or have suggestions for new links, please send mail to: beam-links@pv.com

Music Sites

NPR Podcast Directory
    CNET Podcasts
    TWiT audio podcasts
    WFMU's On The Download
    KCRW's Morning Becomes Eclectic
    The Burning Ear
    Party Ben (Mash Ups)
    Gorilla vs. Bear
    WFMU's Beware of the Blog
    Fluxblog
    My Old Kentucky Blog
    Six Eyes
    DJ Earworm (Mash Ups)
    Blentwell.com
    This is Ska
    Live Music Blog
    Spread the Good Word
    Spinner
    The Hype Machine
    Live Concerts from All Songs Considered
    Last.fm
    Elbows
    Archive.org's Live Music Archive
    Artist Direct
    Bomb MP3
    Open Music Archive
    Aquarium Drunkard
    Oddio Overplay
    Classic Cat
    Public Domain 4U
    Bootie (Mash Ups)
    FensePost

This page contains links to Web pages that are not under the control of PacketVideo. PacketVideo has not reviewed the content on any of these Web pages and accordingly does not assume any liability or responsibility for any content or links contained in such pages. PacketVideo provides these links solely as a convenience to its end users. PacketVideo does not promote or endorse any third party's causes, Web sites, products or services. Please access such Web pages at your own discretion. PacketVideo shall not be responsible for any harm caused by viruses, worms, Trojan horses or any other destructive code embedded in or downloaded from any of these web sites. Please act responsibly and respect all copyrights and laws in the area in which you live.

The links below should have media available to beam. Websites change, though, so it's possible that they no longer have beamable content. If you experience problems with any of these links, or have suggestions for new links, please send mail to: beam-links@pv.com

Photo Sites

Flickr
    Facebook
    Photobucket
    Picasa Web Albums
    SmugMug
    Webshots
    Nature Photos
    Photo.net
    Fabulous Nature
    Jet Propulsion Laboratory
    NASA
    NOAA Photo Library
    U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service
    NFL
    NBA
    Google Image Search
    FreeFoto.com
    Shorpy
    Library of Congress
    The Metropolitan Museum of Art, NY
    MOMA
    Old Pictures
    The National Park Service
    Windows to the Universe
    HubbleSite
    Astrophotography by Robert Gendler

This page contains links to Web pages that are not under the control of PacketVideo. PacketVideo has not reviewed the content on any of these Web pages and accordingly does not assume any liability or responsibility for any content or links contained in such pages. PacketVideo provides these links solely as a convenience to its end users. PacketVideo does not promote or endorse any third party's causes, Web sites, products or services. Please access such Web pages at your own discretion. PacketVideo shall not be responsible for any harm caused by viruses, worms, Trojan horses or any other destructive code embedded in or downloaded from any of these web sites. Please act responsibly and respect all copyrights and laws in the area in which you live.

Video Sites

YouTube
    Archive Classic Movies
    CBS Evening News with Scott Pelley
    NBC Nightly News
    The CNN Daily
    TED Talks HD
    CNET Podcasts
    CNET HD
    COIN-OP TV
    College Humor
    Earth Touch
    Motorz HD
    YDN Design Guide
    Jean-Michel Cousteau: Ocean Adventures
    NBC's Meet the Press
    NBC's Today Show
    NPR - All Songs Considered (Live Concerts)
    Revision3 - Tekzilla HD MP4
    Revision3 - Tekzilla WMV
    Revision3 - Tekzilla Large MP4
    Revision3 - HD Nation HD MP4
    Revision3 - HD Nation WMV
    Revision3 (Select a channel, then RSS Feed format)
    YouTube - Most Popular
    YouTube - Most Viewed
    YouTube - Recently Featured
    YouTube - Most Discussed
    YouTube - Most Recent
    YouTube - Top Favorites
    YouTube - Movie Trailers
    YouTube - The X Factor
    50-50.com Skateboarding Podcast
    Connected Life
    Cult of Kung Fu
    Cult of UHF
    RetroVision Media
    Vintage Video
    TERRA: The Nature of Our World
    64mm Skateboarding Vlog
    Bobby Hugges Surf Videos
    Hawaii Surf Session Report*
    Mountain High Resort Snowboarding & Skiing
    Pod Surf TV
    Skuff TV:Action Sports:Music:Carnage + More
    TheSailingChannel.TV
    UEFA.com podcast
    KQED: Gallery Crawl
    AppJudgment
    Diggnation
    CNET: Buzz Report
    Good Game
    Web Soup
    X-Plays Daily Video Podcast
    The Big D Podcast
    MacMost
    Corporate Country Sucks
    Hawaiian Tropic Models
    Jazz Baragge
    In The Attic
    Maybe Hip
    Rock and Roll Geek Video
    XLR8R TV
    Happy Tree Friends
    Face the Nation
    Jet Propulsion Laboratory
    NASA
    Windows Media Guide
    Archive.org's Moving Image Archive
    Sesame Street
    KCRW's Morning Becomes Eclectic Video
    President Obama's Weekly Address

• Like Like x 2
  3. Wisdom

Wisdom New Member

[​IMG]

Another Hidden Dimension Of The Vizio Co-Star ...! I am still testing this one between Plex and PlayPoint .....! I have notice when playing movies via "Skifta" via PlayPoint on the Vizio Co-Star, the video resolution quality of the movies seems to be highly enhanced, the cause of the enhancement of the video resolution quality is unknown to me, but sweet ... See post OP #1 for the Skifta app download here http://www.googletvforum.org/forum/...io-co-star-reviews-your-hands-experience.html ...!

Last edited: Nov 1, 2012
  4. perfectstranger

perfectstranger New Member

Can't use Chrome...that's a deal breaker for me. Do people still use IE? Haven't opened it for over a decade.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Wisdom

Wisdom New Member

Can you use chrome to beam video to your TV via the Vizio Co-Star ...?

If 99% of the websites go to Microsoft's Silverlight for playing video and you cannot use flash to play videos on most websites anymore, we may not have a choice but to use Internet Explorer ... Again, hopefully Google will come out with a chrome flash/Silverlight update/fix very soon .... When it comes to web browsers, I always wants to be multidimensional ...!

6. Wisdom

Wisdom New Member

[​IMG]

I just tested the Android mobile phone Twonky Beam app version, come to find it works with the Vizio Co-Star too booyah ...!

7. Wisdom

Wisdom New Member

[​IMG]

Twonky Beam also works on my Android tablet, it too also works with the Vizio Co-Star ..... What I like most about the Android smartphone/tablet Twonky Beam app version, it has a search bar similar to the Google chrome web browser ....

[​IMG]

Did you know that your Vizio Co-Star came with a Twonky folder built IN from the factory (See Photo Above) ....!

Last edited: Oct 31, 2012
  8. Wisdom

Wisdom New Member

[​IMG]

TWONKY BEAM WORKS WITH THE GOOGLE CHROME WEB BROWSER VIA YOUR VIZIO CO-STAR VIA THE BUILT (IN) ON BOARD PLAYPOINT (DLNA) MEDIA PLAYER

Set up Instructions:

1./ Install the Twonky Server and Twonky Beam on your PC/Laptop ....

2./ Via the chrome web browser go to Videos and login to your account ....

3./ Tap on your desired media content you want to play ....

4./ PlayPoint (DLNA) media player will auto be discovered, tap on it ...

5./ Now your are ready to play your desired media content, your Bookmarks, Playlist, Channels and your Library and media content from the web ...

6./ If by chance you should have any audio problems, just open Twonky Beam on your PC/Laptop and turn on the audio, adjust the audio slide bar ....

Last edited: Nov 3, 2012
  9. Wisdom

Wisdom New Member

Since Google has YouTube set up to beam video from YouTube on your Androud handheld mobile device, via your Vizio Co-star to your big screen TV big deal, but not match for Twonky Beam ....

Twonk Bean Rules:

Not only can Twonky Beam beam videos from from YouTube via your Vizio C-Star to your big screen TV, Twonk Beam can also beam videos from your home computer and websites to your Vizio Co-Star via PlayPoint to you big screen TV, again Twonky Beam Rules ....!

Last edited: Nov 16, 2012
  10. governor

governor New Member

Help, I cant get Netflix to go through my Cisco ddr2200 router. Netflix will play through the Hotspot on my Sprint phone. Netflix will play on my computer, phone and tablet through the Cisco ddr2200, but not from the co-star. I tried opening port 443, no luck.

Please Help

11. Wisdom

Wisdom New Member

Are you trying connect your Co-Star wireless to your router ...?

12. Wisdom

Wisdom New Member

If you want to beam videos from the NFL, NBA And ESPN via your Vizio Co-Star to your Big Screen TV, then go here to get the easy set up instructions, and details Videos ....

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2014
  13. joecitizen

joecitizen New Member

hello, I need some help viewing content off of the web, can you help me set it up so I can view Internet media... I'm using a mac via the co-star using twonky.... How would I set up to do this... I've got video's from my computer to play... So far I like beamer for that... I just can't figure out how to get content from any website to play...Plus, Is there a way to to get your video game emulator's on your computer to beam, or airplay to your tv with the co-star? Thank you.. Citizen

14. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

Sorry I'm not able to help you with this one - and the OP "Wisdom" was banned from the forum. Hopefully somebody else might have the answers - or you can reach Wisdom (Israel Oliver, Jr.) over on his Android TV community that he started on Google+. Here's the link:

https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/103510820500984874818

* It looks like according to Wisdom's previous posts in this thread - not all web sites will stream with Twonky - but only sites on Twonky's list of supported sites.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am more familar with Chromemote - and you can use it to turn your Mac into a remote control for your Co-Star. You can fling content to your Co-Star in this manner. (This is not the same thing as mirroring - so only content that is natively supported on your Co-Star will work). Here's the link for the free Chromemote plug-in:

http://chromemote.com/

Also have you tried PlayOn? PlayOn is free for GTV users on the Honeycomb OS. You can stream a lot of content from your Mac to your Co-Star that way. Content such as TV channel web sites and Hulu.

http://www.playon.tv/playon

*Note: OK it looks like PlayOn only supports Windows PCs - however there is supposed to be a workaround for Mac users using the Parallel program:

http://www.playon.tv/support/playon-for-mac

Other than that - to the best of my knowledge, full mirroring from a Mac to TV can only be achieved with a hardware device such as a Miracast adapter - or Chrome tab casting with a Chromecast.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2014
  15. joecitizen

joecitizen New Member

Yeah, Thanks for the reply. Even though it supports some websites, I can't even figure out how to get any of them to work... I don't have the window's on my mac to do the playon thing, however, I do have Plex on the co-star, I can't get justin tv working on it. I get sound but no video. I'm betting it has something to do with the flash right? I've read, and read, but, I can't find out why it doesn't work on plex(justin tv) I have to get the chromecast I guess. Beamer works great with my mac via the Co -star... Why can't I beam anything from the web browser.... Plus I tried VLC, I can't figure that out... Finally, do you recommend the honeycomb upgrade on the Co-star? Thank you....Citizen

16. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

All GTV devices except the LG GTV televisions are currently running Honeycomb. Sorry I'm not sure that I understand your question.