Quantcast

Vizio Co-Star Google TV 3 (OS) Rules Supreme Over Sony's NSZ-GS7 Google TV 3 Update

Discussion in 'Vizio Co-Star' started by Wisdom, Mar 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wisdom

Wisdom New Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

"Right About Now, If You Are A
    Vizio Co-Star Owner, You Got To Be A Very Happy Camper" ...!

The
    Sony NSZ-GS7 Google TV 3 update has been released with only the Amazon Instant Video, Voice Search and (HBOGo May Not Even Be A App) as new features .. The new Sony NSZ-GS7 remote with voice search will cost NSZ-GS7 owners $50.00 (Optional or Not), think about it now, Rip-Off, Sony should have a free remote exchange policy in place ...!

Truly The
    Vizio Co-Star v4.6.0 Google TV 3 (OS) Upscale Update Rules Supreme Over Sony's NSZ-GS7 Google TV 3 Update ...!

The Vizo Co-Star can now boost/claim the Most and Best (Built In On Board) TV entertainment "PrimeTime" apps for ALL Google TV set top boxes, hands down ...

Like ALL set top box owners, I rather have the Most and Best "PrimeTime" apps on my set top boxes, that's what Streaming Internet Video Media Players are ALL about, the people's choice of the Most and Best TV entertainment "PrimeTime" apps Built In On Board ...

That's why the Vizio Co-Star RULES Supreme .....!

*We
    are not in argument about which Google TV device is the best, although some people tried very hard to make a confrontation of Google TV devices argument the prime subject here...

Each Google TV device has it's own unique TV entertainment system apps built in on board in the firmware ....

All I'm saying, I believe the Co-Star has the most and best "PrimeTime" must see TV entertainment apps built in on board via the v4.6.0 Google TV 3 upscale update ... This has nothing to do with which Google TV device is the best ...

Last edited: Mar 18, 2013
  2. amartin

amartin New Member

How is that a rip off? Vizio doesn't even offer a remote with voice search?

• Like Like x 2
  3. Wisdom

Wisdom New Member

You are right, and Vizio Co-Star owners will not have to pay $50.00 either ... A voice search app is already in the Co-Star's new v4.6.0 upscale update, the Voice search app will be coming very soon ... No arguments needed ...!

4. amartin

amartin New Member

You don't seem to have a grasp on the language. Sony is offering a new remote that has a microphone to allow them to use the software. The software is on the sony gtv player, the same as the co star. The co star just doesn't offer a remote with microphone to actually use the software.
    They can also use it with a bluetooth headset, i.e. connecting a phone with able remote, or just using a bluetooth headset.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Wisdom

Wisdom New Member

Dude please, you can use a bluetooth headset with the remote voice search app in Vizio Co-Star v4.6.0 Google TV 3 (OS) upscale update via your Android smartphone and tablets and it will be FREE$$$ ....(l0l):cool:

The Vizio Co-Star Rules Supreme ....!(l0l):cool:

6. zim2dive

zim2dive Active Member

agreed.. it sounds like Sony will offer their customers something that Vizio does not (a remote with voice capability)... only a professional politician would try to say that is a bad thing... at least the Sony customers will have the OPTION of buying one, where I've seen nothing to say we will have any options (options are always good...)

Please clarify the bluetooth situation.. does the Sony offer that too? Does the Vizio?

EDIT: does the Sony unit need the bluetooth phone to act as a middle-man?

• Like Like x 2
  7. amartin

amartin New Member

Without having the units to compare, it appears that sony and vizio both will work with bluetooth headsets.

Sony is also selling a remote with built-in microphone instead of having to have a headset.

Somehow that makes vizio better to wisdom:confused:

• Like Like x 2
  8. Wisdom

Wisdom New Member

See you always want to take Wisdom's words out of context and I have never ever said that in this thread, see ya guy, take care ...!(l0l):cool:

Last edited: Mar 13, 2013
  9. Wisdom

Wisdom New Member

10. Wisdom

Wisdom New Member

See the above photo, it mentions the bluetooth, Sony is using the Google TV 3 update to make money ...

11. Wisdom

Wisdom New Member

[​IMG]

What you guys don't understand either way, whether it's the software or hardware version of the Google TV 3 remote Voice Search app they both will basically do the very same thing ...

The only exception, you will have to pay for one and the other one will be FREE$$$$ .... I'm very happy I sent my Sony box back now, because I would be mad behind this new so call update ...

12. revue5

revue5 Well-Known Member

Did you also confirm from a photo that this download-link wouldn’t brick someone’s unit?
    or, did you actually test it on your own unit? ;)

• Like Like x 2
  13. amartin

amartin New Member

Dude, you don't have a clue what you're talking about. The software exists on both the vizio and the sony. You can use a headset/phone on both the sony/vizio. Sony is additionally selling a remote with a microphone for those that want it. You don't "need" the updated remote if you want to use a bluetooth headset. Why would this upset you if you owned the Sony?

• Like Like x 2
  14. Wisdom

Wisdom New Member

It's for you guy, test it out dude, it's the real deal, confimed ...(l0l):cool:

15. amartin

amartin New Member

You are the one who needs to read it. Then go look in a dictionary and find out the meaning of the words "optional", and "or", and apply them to the following statement.

"Note: requires optional accessory remote or bluetooth headset to enable the application"

And then think about how you can use the application on the Vizio co star.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Wisdom

Wisdom New Member

I see on other forums a lot of people are really mad at Sony, they are talking about buying Co-Stars now ...

17. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

Every difference between the Sony NSZ-GS7 and the Vizio Co-Star favors the Sony model, no exceptions, in my opinion. If Wisdom thinks getting a buggy software update first is an advantage, he can have it, I am happy to wait a while. For those that don't know the differences:

USB ports - Sony 2 Vizio 1
    Optical audio out - Sony yes Vizio no
    Flash storage - Sony 8 GB Vizio 4 GB
    Backlit remote - Sony yes Vizio no
    IR control from the box for use of the only full sized keyboard to control other devices made to work with Google TV - Sony yes Vizio no
    Optional remote with microphone - Sony yes, Vizio no.

If you don't want the remote, don't buy it, but not buying a remote that doesn't exist is not an advantage over not buying a remote that does exist, there is no difference. If you don't want or don't need the things the Sony has that the Vizio does not and you trust Vizio's support, buy the Vizio model, it is cheaper. That in no way makes any case that the Vizio model rules supreme over the Sony model. I need several of the things the Sony model has that the Vizio model does not, so for me and anybody in that position the Sony model easily beats the Vizio model.

• Like Like x 8
  18. Wisdom

Wisdom New Member

I have seen this post somewhere else ...(l0l) On the real side, ChrisG8 have you got the new update yet, tell the truth and shame the devil ...? Are you mad at Sony too ...? Have fun with you new update chrisG8, you should be able to get a Vudu app at the Google play store very soon ...

19. revue5

revue5 Well-Known Member

Sony NSZ-GS7 Google TV Set-Top box

[​IMG]

FYI,
    • The Sony Player (OS) voice capability (e.g., "voice search" app... etc.) is free of a charge and compatible with "Bluetooth headsets" and the (optional add-on) Sony's new voice remote control (model: NSG-MR7U) as well as other future (optional add-on) voice control devices.
    • The included Sony's Remote/keyboard (model: NSG-MR5U) that comes in the package does not include a built-in "Microphone" (for voice control).
    • The new Sony's Remote/keyboard voice control (model: NSG-MR7U) is optional add-on and it includes a built-in "Microphone".
    • Both remotes can be simultaneously paired to the same Sony Player ... nice! ...:D

In short, the latest Google TV update ads free of a charge voice capability to Sony GS7 (e.g., "voice search" app)

[​IMG]

.....................................................Ask it anything.

Instantly access the power of the Internet by speaking into the remote's built-in microphone.
    Click the microphone button and tell it to find your favorite TV show or ask a question like
    "How to tie a bow-tie". Your results will be displayed your TV on a new visual search results
    page making the answer to anything just a click away

..................Sony's new voice remote control - model: NSG-MR7U (optional)

http://www.googletvforum.org/forum/...e-remote-your-hands-experience.html#post46208

:D

Last edited: Mar 14, 2013
    • Like Like x 2
  20. Wisdom

Wisdom New Member

Yeah, it's so beautiful Revue5 and it ain't no jive ...!(l0l) ... Now, all you need are the super TV entertainment apps like the superior Vizio Co-Star has ...(l0l)

Oh! Did you test the new Sony update out, before you wrote this thread http://www.googletvforum.org/forum/...-v3-new-amazon-vudu-apps-your-experience.html ...

You knew the Sony box was not getting a Vudu app with the new Sony update, go back change your thread, you know better ...! I told you Sony guys what you were getting, nothing ...(l0l):cool:

• Like Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.