Quantcast

Vizio Co-Star Connected TV Turned Into A $3,000 Vizio/Samsung/LG Look A Like TV

Discussion in 'Vizio Co-Star' started by Wisdom, Nov 5, 2012.

1. Wisdom

Wisdom New Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

If you want to add a awesome highly expensive upscale look to your Vizio Co-Star connected TV with bling bling, flare and color enhanced to another level adding beauty to your Vizio Co-Star home app wide/full screen look with the live Honeycomb Wallpaper (With Time, Month And Date) ...

First install the app "Go Launcher HD for Pad" get it here https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...VuY2hlcnBhZCJd ......!

It's compatible with the Vizio Co-Star (No Side Loading Required), it will give your Vizio Co-Star connected TVs the wide/full app screen look, like those $3,000.00 Vizio/Samsung/LG TVs (Plus Their Is A Lot More) ....

Also you will need to install the "Honeycomb.apk" (Side Load), get it from here Honeycomb.apk (After Installing Do Not Open, Click On Done) .....

After you have installed both apps, open the "Go Launcher HD for pad" app, click on the plus + sign in the upper right corner, click on Wallpaper>, click on Live Wallpaper>, click on "Honeycomb Wall" (Set WallPaper) that's it (You Will See The Android Live Honeycomb Bees Flying Across Your Vizio Co-Star Connected TV Screen) ....

When you click on the (Set Wallpaper) option, make sure the wallpaper screen changes immediately similar to the above screen in the photo (Icons Maybe Different) ... If it does not change, after clicking on (Set Wallpaper), continue to click on (Set Wallpaper), until the wallpaper screen changes, two to three clicks should do it, enjoy ...

Just like having a new smart TV with a high class expensive upscale look, because it's the same LAUNCHER TECHNOLOGY that Vizio/Samsung/LG TVs use, truly sweet ....!

Another Hidden Dimension Of The Vizio Co-Star .....!

Originally Posted by Amuzeme

I've downloaded and installed both apps, everything is working fine. The problem is whenever I place an icon on the grid, it's there permanently. How do you remove or move an icon to another place on the grid using the CoStar remote?

See copy/paste instructions in post # 1 using the "minus" key below the number 9 on the keypad side of the remote http://www.googletvforum.org/forum/...io-co-star-reviews-your-hands-experience.html ...

Highlight the icon you want to move with the cursor, push in the "minus" key with one finger (Holding It In) and slide the icon with another finger using the "touch pad" to your desired location ... You can also use the same method to "delete" a icon off the grid by sliding it to the upper right corner, you will see the trash can there ....

Last edited: Nov 10, 2012
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Wisdom

Wisdom New Member

What I like most about the above set up, you can organize your media content a lot better, because you can set up all your apps into categories ... After you set up all of your apps into categories, they are much easier to access and control by sliding your app categories screen frames from side to side fast with ease ....

Another thing I would advise, if you have not done so already, slow your cursor speed down, so you can stop the cursor on a dime with pinpoint accuracy ... You can also change the sizes of your icons and the number of icons want in a category screen frame ... Please take time to read your settings and preferences too ....

Last edited: Nov 6, 2012
  3. Wisdom

Wisdom New Member

[​IMG]

Some things go together like a hand and glove, like white on rice, like a bee and honey ...!

Just a reminder, when you click on the (Set Wallpaper) option, make sure the wallpaper screen changes immediately similar to the above screen in the photo (Icons Maybe Different) ... If it does not change, after clicking on (Set Wallpaper) immediately, continue to click on (Set Wallpaper), until the wallpaper screen changes, two to three clicks should do it, enjoy ...

Last edited: Nov 7, 2012
  4. Amuzeme

Amuzeme New Member

I've downloaded and installed both apps, everything is working fine. The problem is whenever I place an icon on the grid, it's there permanently. How do you remove or move an icon to another place on the grid using the CoStar remote?

• Like Like x 2
  5. Wisdom

Wisdom New Member

See copy/paste instructions in post # 1 using the "minus" key below the number 9 on the keypad side of the remote http://www.googletvforum.org/forum/...io-co-star-reviews-your-hands-experience.html ...

Highlight the icon you want to move with the cursor, push in the "minus" key with one finger (Holding It In) and slide the icon with another finger using the "touch pad" to your desired location ... You can also use the same method to "delete" a icon off the grid by sliding it to the upper right corner, you will see the trash can there ....

Last edited: Nov 16, 2012
  6. Amuzeme

Amuzeme New Member

Thanks, A little clunky procedure, but it worked

• Like Like x 2
  7. Wisdom

Wisdom New Member

Yeah, it works like a charm ....! The above set up works even better after you install the new firmware update, because it's faster and smoother now .... I have this above set up on both of my Co-Stars, all of my apps are divided into groups for easy fast access, Movies, TV, Chrome Browser, News, weather, Sports. Tools and Social Networks, sweet ...

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 16, 2012