Quantcast

Vizio Co-Star: *CinemaNow* High End Upscale Movie Service (Hollywood's Top Hits)

Discussion in 'Vizio Co-Star' started by Wisdom, Feb 1, 2013.

1. Wisdom

Wisdom New Member

*CinemaNow High End Upscale Movie Service For The Vizio Co-Star, Just As Good Or Better Than *Vudu

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

New updated info for CinemaNow:

Please follow the above instructions in the photos, before trying to play movies or trying to play previews .... You must register (New Account) with CinemaNow, also you must register your (Vizio Co-Star) Vizio VAP430 ....

You can now get the high end upscale *CinemaNow Movie Service* for your Vizio Co-Star high end movie services streaming player HERE CinemaNow-1.apk! (Side Load Required) Register Now ...!

CinemaNow Brings Hollywood's Top Hits All The Time

[​IMG]

NOW PLAYING ON CINEMANOW, NOW PLAYING ON YOUR VIZIO CO-STAR

[​IMG]

Remember Vudu is coming very soon to the Vizio Co-Star for more info on Vudu Coming to the Co-Star go here http://www.googletvforum.org/forum/...de-vudu-m-go-app-amazon-instant-video-hd.html .....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Again, if other well known Internet streaming media players do NOT install the high end upscale (Pay-Per-View) movie service "Vudu", this may set the Vizio Co-Star apart as the best Internet streaming media player as far as the best media content ...

Along with several other high end movies services, that were also included in the new upscale v4.6.0 Google TV 3.0 upgrade .....

Another thing, that's not being mention is the new updated added machine like precision horse power of the new v4.6.0 Vizio Co-Star, compared to the old v3.5.0 Co-Star ...!

Last edited: Feb 7, 2013
    • Like Like x 2
  2. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

I downloaded and installed the CinemaNow APK to my Logitech Revue (OS 3.1). It installs and opens correctly. Looks like a nice app and I could view the thumbnails and navigate good. However when I tried to play a trailer I got an onscreen message that this requires Wi-Fi to work. I'm only set up with ethernet so I can't test it any further on my Revue.

Perhaps somebody with a Revue & Wi-Fi can test it further and post their results.

Also I did not try to register my device (Revue) as the app sugested - I just clicked to do it later and browse now. Will the full movies play if a non-certified device is registered? Or if you don't register a device?

• Like Like x 2
  3. Wisdom

Wisdom New Member

Yeah, I forgot it will say that the first you try to test a preview of a movie, from then on you can use a wired connection to view movies and coming attractions without problems .... I registered and logged in also without problems ...!

Last edited: Feb 1, 2013
  4. CatfishRivers

Thanks for trying to help. Unfortunately I tried 4 different trailers and I continue to get the same message about needing Wi-Fi. I'm not sure if this is because of a difference in the Revue& Co-Star or GTV Operating System versions. My Revue is on the 3.1 update. Also I went to the CinemaNow help page and it says the following about ethernet connections:

"A 10 Base-T or 100 Base-TX LAN port is required for wired connection to this player. If your internet service does not allow for such a connection, you will not be able to connect the player."

I'm not really sure what that means - my ISP is Comcast. Is it possible that Comcast doesn't support this?

Last edited: Feb 1, 2013
    • Like Like x 2
  5. Wisdom

Wisdom New Member

No difference in devices, and your ISP has nothing to do with this, I had the very same experience as you are having ...

Understand me now, the first time you try to watch a movie preview you must do it via a WiFi connection, from then on you can use a wired connection to view movie previews .... I went back and did it again to confirmed that I can still watch the movie previews via a wired connection ...

• Like Like x 2
  6. CatfishRivers

Ok thanks for clarifying that. Unfortunately I'm not set-up for Wi-Fi. No router. Maybe I'll try it sometime in the future when I get set-up for Wi-Fi.

• Like Like x 2
  7. bdcfam

bdcfam New Member

I have ultraviolet movies that I have tried to play and the app crashes...

8. Wisdom

Wisdom New Member

I played two movies without issues, worked great ...!

9. chopper

chopper Active Member

This is not available outside the USA. I have used this service in the past and the selection back then was horrible. I just hope that they have a better selection now as it was all B movies a few years ago. So what is the cost to rent a movie now and is HD an option?

• Like Like x 2
  10. Wisdom

Wisdom New Member

Movies are $3.99 or you can purchase movies, I'm still in the process of learning about all the details. Yes, (HD) movies are their, as you might know CinemaNow is owned by BestBuy ... (See Next Page For New Updated Info)

• Like Like x 2
  11. Wisdom

Wisdom New Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

New updated info for CinemaNow:

Please follow the above instructions in the photos, before trying to play movies or trying to play previews .... You must register (New Account) with CinemaNow, also you must register your (Vizio Co-Star) Vizio VAP430 ....

12. chopper

chopper Active Member

Thanks, let me know when you have had time to see if their selections have improved! I tested this out prior to the Best Buy take-over!

• Like Like x 2
  13. Wisdom

Wisdom New Member

CinemaNow has all the top Hollywood hits that are out now ...!

14. Wisdom

Wisdom New Member

Just think, very soon it will be Amazon Instant Video (HD) CinemaNow (HD) and Vudu going head to head via the Vizio Co-Star with Hollywood's Top Movie Hits .....!

15. Wisdom

Wisdom New Member

Anybody else sign up for CinemaNow or gave it a test run, let us hear from you ....!