Quantcast

Vizio Co-Star/Boxee TV Combo ("DREAM TEAM") DVR, Local TV, Internet TV, Sling TV

Discussion in 'Vizio Co-Star' started by Wisdom, Nov 25, 2012.

1. Wisdom

Wisdom New Member

The "DREAM TEAM" Vizio Co-Star/Boxee TV Combo, DVR, Live Local TV, Internet TV, Google TV, Plus Sling Recorded TV Anywhere Via Your Android Smartphones And Tablets ....! All Integrated As ONE ....!

[​IMG][​IMG]

My next set up with my Vizio CO-Stars will be the "Dream Team", The Vizio Co-Star/Boxee TV Combo connection as one super system integrated in with live TV working together in complete harmony ....

The "Dream Team" set up gives you the power to cut the cord and still have all the live TV and Internet streaming Entertainment you will ever need. plus recorded DVR TV/See TV Anywhere too via your Android handheld mobile devices ...

If you don't want to cut the cord, then you will just be in TV heaven .....!(lol)

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2014
  2. amartin

amartin New Member

Please note that co-star only works with cable. It doesn't work with broadcast TV. This is definately not a "cut-the-cable" solution.

Until Google gets their act together and supports things like broadcast TV, this will not be a cable-cutting solution.

3. Wisdom

Wisdom New Member

[​IMG]

A discussion between CatFishRivers and me ...!

CatFishRiver look at the new Boxee TV set top box below, look at the connections ports, I guess you know exactly what I'm thinking, yeah ....

All my ducks are getting ready to fall in a row, cable box> Boxee TV> Vizio Co-Star> out to my big screen TV (Intergrated as one)....

Technology1 and I test this out yesterday, he has the Boxee TV ... We did not have Boxee TV IR remote codes yet, but we will get them in a few, then we will test the Co-Star's remote with Boxee TV .... As you know already Boxee TV comes with a OTA HD antenna with HDMI out> into the HDMI input on the Co-Star> HDMI out from the Co-Star to your big screen TV ...

4. Wisdom

Wisdom New Member

[​IMG] ,

The Boxee TV will handle ALL the live local TV, (See Above Photo) ... What some people are forgetting you can change inputs with the Co-Star to other devices, example like you would your DVR ... So when I want local TV ABC, CBS, NBC, FOX ...ect, I would change the input to Boxee TV ..... Also this very same set up will work with cable TV or satellite TV ...

5. amartin

amartin New Member

I'm assuming that the co-star will similarly not be able to search through the programming/channels of the boxee if it is only using OTA?

• Like Like x 2
  6. Wisdom

Wisdom New Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Obviously Boxee TV can't provide all the benefits of a proper cable box-only so many channels can be delivered without a cable company-supplied set-top box. But Boxee thinks this could be especially handy for those who only have (or want) basic cable or antenna TV. Lookout for this one to hit stores on Nov 1st.
    [​IMG]

Why do you keep setting limitations, Boxee TV has it's own TV Guide program via HTML5 (See The Above photos) .....

Last edited: Nov 25, 2012
  7. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

What are the montly fees for the Boxee DVR?

8. amartin

amartin New Member

So the co star doesn't work with the Boxee TV OTA programming, then? Your attempts at insulting people who don't agree with your bs marketing is getting very annoying.

What is the point of the co star, if I just use the TIVO, or Boxee TV guide? It's not "integrated" in that case.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Wisdom

Wisdom New Member

[​IMG]

If anybody wants know how to integrate the Boxee TV to the Co-Star, just look at the back connection ports of the Boxee TV... Again in the above photo, the HDMI out port on the Boxee TV would go the HDMI Input Port on the Vizio Co-Star ... The HDMI Out port on the Co-Start would go to your TV ... All you have do now is your device set up (Pairing Devices) ...

10. amartin

amartin New Member

That's not "integrating" them, that's how they connect. I'm trying to make sure that the average person reading these boards will see the good points of the co-star, as well as the negatives. There are both. Your constant insults to anyone who doesn't think that the co-star is gods gift to TV, will lead to many people buying the co-star and being severely dissapointed.

• Like Like x 2
  11. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

Chris the "regular" fee for the Boxee TV unlimited DVR service willl be $15/mo. However Boxee TV currently has a special promotion for early adaptors (that runs through the holiday season). The special includes 3 months of free DVR service plus a fee of only $10/mo for the lifetime of the service:

http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-33199_7-57543650-221/boxee-tv-early-adopters-get-3-months-of-free-service-reduced-$10-monthly-fee/

* Note: I'm not sure why the above URL doesn't show up as a clickable link - but you can cut & paste that URL into Chrome browser to read the article about the Boxee TV special holiday deal.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

According to the Boxee TV web site - their DVR service is currently only available in limited areas. I entered my zip code on their site and the DVR service is not available in my area yet:

http://www.boxee.tv/#home

12. Wisdom

Wisdom New Member

Onec we get the remote IR codes for the Boxee TV, that will be the game changer ...

13. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

It will be hard sell at $10/month and I think impossible to sell at $15/month. I am also not sure of this cloud storage concept for a DVR, uploading when recording and downloading when viewing, I just can't get that to make any sense to me so I will continue to use local hard drives as I always have with a DVR.

14. Wisdom

Wisdom New Member

You don't have to pay the $10.00 fee if you don't want it and you will still get limited DVR cloud service ...

15. brikon

brikon New Member

The co-star does support broadcast tv with something like a Tivo. The only thing that doesn't work (without a subscription) is the guide/record features IE primetime won't pick up the right channels. You can pick up a used one for around 60 or 70 bucks.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Wisdom

Wisdom New Member

You are one BILLION percent correct ...! I tried to tell him that yesterday, but it seem like they were more interested in starting a flame war ...(lol)

Concerning the Co-Star/Boxee TV Combo, it can be integrated in just like your DVR, cable box or satellite TV receiver ... It will be a cord cutter's dream, like the Tivo .... Boxee TV has it's own HTML5 program guide, plus the Co-Star is going pick up on your zip code anyway and will give you all the stations programs in your local area ...

17. amartin

amartin New Member

So what actually works with the co-star and Tivo together, then? Of course I can use the Tivo guide; that can be used without the co-star.

I can't search for programs with Primetime. What can any google tv app do in conjunction with the Tivo box.

• Like Like x 2
  18. amartin

amartin New Member

Wisdom, that's what the co-star "DOESN'T" do. It doesn't pick up local OTA stations in your local area. That's what I am talking about. If you pick broadcast as your stations, it doesn't list any channels.

• Like Like x 2
  19. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

Another possible reason for using the Boxee TV is if you want VUDU service and don't already have access to that app. Boxee TV supports Vudu.

It does say in the Boxee TV FAQ that the DVR service is optional:

Boxee

• Like Like x 2
  20. Wisdom

Wisdom New Member

That what I want Vudu and MLB ...! I will have all the program Guide I will ever need, but most likely I will keep my cable TV ....!(lol)