Quantcast

Vizio Co-Star Best HDMI 1.4 Cables/Ferrite Cores (Picture Pixel Crystal Clear Video)

Discussion in 'Vizio Co-Star' started by Wisdom, Apr 8, 2013.

1. Wisdom

Wisdom New Member

[​IMG]

6ft 28AWG High Speed HDMI® Cable w/Ferrite Cores - Black 6ft 28AWG High Speed HDMI® Cable With Ethernet w/ Ferrite Cores - Black

I believe the above HDMI 4.1 cables are the best for the Vizio Co-Star, plus they are future proof ..... You can get the 3/6/10/15/25/ft 28AWG High Speed HDMI® Cable w/Ferrite Cores - Black, $2.50 each HERE For only $2.13 each when QTY 50+ purchased - 3ft 28AWG High Speed HDMI® Cable w/Ferrite Cores - Black ... 6ft 28AWG High Speed HDMI® Cable With Ethernet w/ Ferrite Cores - Black

A High Speed HDMI® Cable from Monoprice is the only way to ensure that you have the ability to pass ALL signals authorized in the latest HDMI® feature specification.

Ferrite Cores are small magnetic blocks wrapped around the end of a cable. They are used to suppress EMI/RFI electronic noise on the cable by absorbing the unwanted high frequencies and dissipating them as very low-level heat. This is the simplest and cheapest form of electronic noise reduction and is most effective on small gauge cabling, which is inherently more susceptible to electronic noise interference than thicker cables ...

This cable supports the following HDMI® features:
    • 1080p Resolution - The High Speed HDMI® Cable has sufficient bandwidth to transfer 1080p video signals between 1080p rated source and sink (display) devices.
    • Audio Return Channel - Normally, your HDMI® cable carries audio information along with the video from a source device (e.g. blu-ray player) to the sink device (display/television). Often times this goes through an AV receiver to drive a home theater audio system. The Audio Return Channel is primarily used to send the audio signal generated by the television when its internal tuner is used, back to the AV receiver, so that you can use your home theater audio system when watching television signals.
    • 3D - 3D is the latest rage for both home theater and gaming. A High Speed HDMI® Cable is capable of handling the high bandwidth requirements of 3D signals.
    • 4K - The 4K resolution is 3840 x 2160 pixels @ 24 Hz, which is four times that of a 1080p display and the same resolution used by state-of-the-art Digital Cinema systems. A High Speed HDMI® Cable is capable of handling the high bandwidth required for 4K support.
    • Deep Color - The Deep Color feature provides a minimum of 8-bits per color element (24-bits total), providing for a total of over 16 million color variations. Other versions of Deep Color allow for up to 16-bits per element, for a total of 48-bits and over 281 trillion color variations, which really makes your video images come to life!
    • x.v.Color™ - x.v.Color™ is a promotion name given to the products that have the capability to realize a wide color space based on the xvYCC specifications and is a trademark of Sony Corporation. Currently, only AVCHD and Playstation 3 devices support x.v.Color™.
    • High Definition Audio - HDMI® supports a full range of high definition audio types, including SA-CD, DVD-Audio, DTS-HD Master Audio™, and Dolby TrueHD™.

[​IMG]

The Above Speed Test Was Done On The Vizio Co-Star Via the Chrome Web Browser Via The Website http://www.speetest.net ... I have a 40MB Broadband Speed On My Home Network Via Century Link, But Notice My Broadband Speeds are Close To 52MB (Explained Below) ...

[​IMG]

The bottom above photo is the first time I have revealed my Vizio Co-Star Ethernet and HDMI 1.4 (High Speed) cables set up for my Co-Stars on this website ...

It has been said on this website that HDMI 1.4 cables don't give the Co-Star any advantage, how wrong can this statement be ....!

Check out the YouTube video below on the difference between HDMI 1.3 (Older Standard) cables (You Can Get By Using HDMI 1.3 Cable On Your GTV Devices, But I Woud Not Advise It) and the HDMI 1.4 high Speed cables (Newer Standard) ...

The Co-Star video and audio quality is predicated by how fast the video and audio packett data speeds are ... The higher (Faster) the video and audio packett data are the better the quality of video and audio you will have on your Co-Star ...

Their is no way a HDMI 1.3 cable can match the packett data speeds of a HDMI 1.4 (High Speed) ... You would have to be totally ignorant or lack of understanding the difference between HDMI 1.3 and HDMI 1.4 cables ....

Here below is what a guy said about these HDMI cables on another forum .... If you read back through this thread you will see several people trying demean these cables http://www.googletvforum.org/forum/...-cores-picture-pixel-crystal-clear-video.html .... 6ft 28AWG High Speed HDMI® Cable With Ethernet w/ Ferrite Cores - Black

I found these HDMI cable to works best with the Vizio Co-Star too ... Giving superior video and audio ... If you have a AV receiver on your Co-Star set up, you want these HDMI 1.4 (High Speed) cables ...

Michael Davis (Said Below)Jun 19, 2013+

OK, ordered these cables and noticed an immediate improvement in picture quality. Even the sound seems clearer and crisper. Thanks!

*Ethernet Cables CAT # 6 cable (You Can Get By With Ethernet CAT # 5 cables on your Co-Star, But I would Not Advise It)

Notice in the bottom above photo Ethernet CAT # 6 cable is totally unique and most of you have no idea what it's all about either, it's about SPEED ... 99% of you most likely don't have this type of Ethernet cable connected to your Co-Star ... Again, notice in the top photo the broadband speeds are close to 52MB, that's because of the special Ethernet cables connected to my Co-Star ... Remember I said above my broadband home network speed is 40MB ....

If I tell you that a mosquito can pull a plu, don't ask how, just hook him up and ride ....! 99% of the things, tips tricks, hacks or anything else, I tell you about the Vizio Co-Star, believe me, I have already tested it several times before I give it to you ...

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2014
  2. jonw747

jonw747 Well-Known Member

Ferrite beads are primarily placed on cables due to requirements to reduce noise emissions FROM the cable that may effect other components. HDMI uses a combination of balanced wire pairs and digital signaling to suppress noise.

The concept of balanced wire pairs is simple. There's a (+) wire and a (-) wire, which to derive at the actual signal are subtracted from each other. Neither of these are grounded. Whatever noise that's picked up by one of the pairs, is also picked up by the other. If the wires are twisted (which I'm not sure is the case for HDMI) they would even reject noise, but once one is subtracted from the other all noise common to both wires is completely rejected.

Digital signalling also improves noise rejection, as the "+" wire in the pair only has to be greater than the "-" wire to indicate that the data should be a "1" .vs. a "0".

Monoprice does make good quality inexpensive video cables, though.

3. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

I use Monoprice HDMI cables, I must have a half dozen or so in use now. Great value in my opinion.

4. Wisdom

Wisdom New Member

These HDMI 1.4 cables truly works like a charm with the Vizio Co-Star, just awesome ....

5. zim2dive

zim2dive Active Member

Pick up a new sponsor?

• Like Like x 2
  6. Wisdom

Wisdom New Member

No new sponsor, just HDMI 1.4 cables that works real well with the Co-Star, they truly enhance the video resolution quality like day and night ...

7. jonw747

Like night and day ... and you took no pictures?

8. googlethis

googlethis New Member

If they enhanced video quality like night and day then your old HDMI cables must have been crappier than Oprah's buttocks after a Taco Bell feast...

9. Scuzzo

Scuzzo Active Member

but you said that you had crystal clear perfect resolution before, man...
    what is one to believe... if you had great connection and prefect signal before you bought the wonder chords...
    and now you say its night and day... then there is a disconnect some where... either you had awfull, crap signal before..
    or you hdmi cable caused some sorta magical transformation which amped the signal some how and is 50% or more affective at delivery of signal then the chords you had before...
    i mean i am sure i can find where you ramble on about how good the signal was a few months ago..... before the amazing wonder cables.... \

nope dont buy it...

10. zim2dive

zim2dive Active Member

His picture must be better now.. he no longer has to use 36-pt bold font to see it :)

11. jonw747

It's kind of a shame as Monoprice has built their reputation on honest products without the false claims "boutique" sellers have leaned on as a crutch to achieve their inflated prices.

It's interesting that Monoprice doesn't seem to actually describe these cables as 1.4/1.4A/1.4B. They appear to support many of the 1.4 features, but for instance there's no mention of Ethernet support.

12. amartin

amartin New Member

He has remarked in other posts that the co star is an upscale device, so maybe he turned off the upscaling and is now looking at it with hd native resolution.

I'm glad these cords are future proof. Although I'm not sure what that could possibly mean.

13. Wisdom

Wisdom New Member

One day 4K is coming in the future, have fun, enjoy guys ...(lol)

By the way guys, just ordered 4 more of these HDMI 1.4 cables ... I was recommended these HDMI 1.4 cables by the people over at monoprice ... I had my AV receiver changed to a upscaled one, that can upscale analog video to 1080i/1080p, sweet ...

They work real well with my new AV receiver, I tested them alone with the Co-Star too ...

I was just surprised at the results (greatly enhanced video resolution quality) You don't have take my word, if you are happy with the HDMI cables you already, keep on using them ...

14. Wisdom

Wisdom New Member

If you don't know the difference between HDMI 1.3 and 1.4 HDMI cable, just take a look at the above video ... Guys we don't have to argue about HDMI 1.3/1.4 cables, h??l naw ...(lol):cool:

A High Speed HDMI® Cable With Ethernet from Monoprice is the only way to ensure that you have the ability to pass ALL signals authorized in the latest "HDMI® feature specification" .....

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2014
  15. jonw747

Even their HDMI cables that are labelled as "with Ethernet" do not claim to be HDMI 1.4/1.4a/1.4b. I suspect they skipped the step of licensing/certifying them as such and hence are not permitted to label them as such. I just find it funny given Wisdom's past insistence that only true HDMI 1.4 cables could provide the best viewing experience.

16. Wisdom

Wisdom New Member

Hay man, come on player, only HDMI 1.4 ("HDMI® feature specification") cables can do certain things, like 4K, 3D ...ect, no argument you are the man ....(l0l):cool:

17. Wisdom

Wisdom New Member

"You can think of HDMI 1.4 as the successor to 1.3. Specifically, it adds 4 new features to your HDMI connection "

1.\ Higher resolution capabilities (allowing for Ultra High Definition 4K x 2K which is about 6x the resolution of 1080p)

2.\ Support for 3D video at 1080p with compatible Blu-Ray Players, Set-top Boxes, PCs and TVs ...

3.\ *Audio Return channel allowing audio from an HDMI 1.4 TV to be "passed back to the receiver though the HDMI cable, rather than having to run a separate audio cable to the TV"

18. jonw747

No... you can think of HDMI 1.4 as a specification and equipment has either been certified as meeting that specification or it has not. So stop misrepresenting the cables. If it works for you that's great. The HDMI 1.3a cables I bought from them 5 years ago still work great for me and give me a picture which is NIGHT AND DAY better than my old Composite video cables.

19. Wisdom

Wisdom New Member

Use what you got, no argument, I'm not mad at ya ....(l0l):cool:

20. jonw747

Hey, you're getting paid for posting product promos. The least the rest of us can do is enjoy some entertainment.