Quantcast

Vizio Co-star and Sony Sony NSZ-GS7

Discussion in 'Vizio Co-Star' started by skull791, Feb 10, 2013.

1. skull791

skull791 New Member

Hello everyone.

I'm sure this has been ask before but I cant find an answer. So here we go again

Vizio Co-Star and Sony NSZ-GS7 any one actually know hardware spec. like memory, processor, graphic gpu? found some on sony but nothing on vizio. Also i never play with vizio but I did with sony. Current software on sony its just bad. But I do love the remote that sony offers. I was tempting to get Vizio and try it out but remote looks big and bulky. New update on the vizio dose make that box more attractive. If I would get the vizio do you think I can pair a Sony remote to it since is a blue-tooth? Is it sony going to get all the same updates and apps like vizio is getting? like VUDU,Amazon, M-Go and some others?

Any input will be appreciated.

2. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

There is no reason I can think of to expect the second generation boxes to differ in terms of software updates, assuming hardware is capable, so yes the NSZ-GS7 should get Vudu, Amazon Instant Video, M-Go and the others. There are several hardware differences between the Sony and Vizio box. The Sony has 8GB Flash Storage, Vizio 4, the Sony has two USB ports, Vizio 1, the Sony has optical audio out, Vizio does not, the Sony has a backlit remote, Vizio does not. Both boxes use the Marvell Armada 1500 processor.

3. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

Another hardware difference is the Sony has IR transmitters built in to the box and a jack for an IR blaster while the Vizio sends IR commands from the remote to control TV, AVR and STB. In my opinion, every hardware difference is a plus for the Sony box which is also prettier to look at.

4. Wisdom

Wisdom New Member

*GAME CHANGER, THE VIZIO CO-STAR IS THE REAL DEAL NOW!

The New v4.6.0 Google TV 3 update upgrade changes the Vizio Co-Star into a "Dream Internet Streaming Media Player"!

Behind the new v4.6.0 update upgrade, the Co-Star maybe the best streaming player on the market now, because ALL the problems are GONE!

All you need now is the Cache Cleaner app to kept your Co-Star running/working smooth as silk 24/7!

5. skull791

skull791 New Member

Thanks for replay, Any one know anything about using sony remote with vizio??? Or has anyone hear about update date for sony ?

6. Wisdom

Wisdom New Member

Are asking about using a Sony remote with a Vizio Co-star, come on guy, good luck with that one ...!(l0l):cool: