Quantcast

Vimeo Won't Go Full Screen

Discussion in 'Logitech Revue' started by stestardi, Nov 11, 2013.

1. stestardi

stestardi New Member

I just noticed that Vimeo videos no longer play full screen on my Revue -- pressing the 'full screen' button while watching a video does nothing.

Anyone else having this problem?

Thanks.

Steve

Last edited: Nov 11, 2013
  2. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

Hi. I just tested Vimeo on my Logitech Revue. The videos all play (as is) to just about take up the full screen. Just a slight border on the edges. Clicking the full screen button does nothing as you mentioned. IMO it's not really needed anymore the way they have the site designed now. If you want a 'real' full-screen experience - scroll down below the comments on the bottom of the video - and every video has the option to watch in "couch-mode". Couch-Mode works beautifully on my Revue - with a big full screen designed for leanback viewing on a TV.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2013
  3. stestardi

stestardi New Member

Thanks for confirming, CatfishRivers. It's too bad they changed it -- having to scroll to the bottom to watch in Couch Mode is a bit of a pain. And when videos are embedded in another site in a small window, you have to go click the Vimeo logo to watch on Vimeo.com, then scroll down and watch on couch mode. :(

4. stestardi

stestardi New Member

Also, it turns out the "watch in couch mode" option is only available in a few places, like Staff Picks. If I search for a video in Vimeo or Google, or access a video on Vimeo by clicking hte Vimeo logo on video embedded on a web page, I'm not presented with the couch mode option -- see [video=vimeo;24405311]https://vimeo.com/24405311[/video] for example.

5. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

It's possible the full-screen button stopped working because Vimeo made a change to their web site - which is not fully compatible with the outdated Chrome 11 browser on the GTV devices with the Honeycomb OS.

Also I noticed that on my Logitech Revue the up & down arrows on the D-pad no longer work on the Vimeo web site. To scroll the Vimeo page I have to use the two-finger scroll method on the trackpad or the Ch/Pg up & down keys.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2013