Quantcast

Videos Constantly Crashes Browser

Discussion in 'Google TV General Discussion' started by alan93, May 18, 2013.

1. alan93

alan93 Member

When ever I go to a web page, especially youtube, the browser either locks up or crashes.It never used to do this when I first got the TV 2 years ago.But after all the updates the system is very unstable.The home shortcuts also disappear and then come back sometimes like it is resetting or something after a crash.

2. alan93

alan93 Member

I guess the solution is google tv sux don't buy it,

3. dtaylor

dtaylor Member

Have you tried a factory reset?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

4. alan93

alan93 Member

you mean wipe out all my current settings and lose all my bookmarks and shortcuts? uh no.

5. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

You can sync your GTV bookmarks to the cloud so that they are automatically restored after a factory reset. Also all of your apps from Google Play Store can automatically be restored. Sideloaded apps won't be restored though.

6. MysteryGirl

MysteryGirl New Member

YouTube has suddenly been crashing on my Sony Wi-Fi BLU-Ray player which came pre installed with Chrome. This all began suddenly several weeks ago. If I watch my playlist thru the browser, it crashes quickly, and I get "the blue screen of death." If I watch my playlist through the YouTube app, I have to start at the beginning of the list. It doesn't matter if you chose the 25th video down, it still goes to the first. Worse, it skips over many vids with either an error msg - it used to be "can't be played on phone" to "can't be played on TV." The Sony player is obviously connected to my plasma. Any thoughts? Sony BLU-Ray With-Fi model NSZ-GT1 1080p Google TV

7. CatfishRivers

The issues with the YouTube web site are system wide on all GTV devices. YouTube made some changes to the YouTube web site that don't play nice with the GTV browser. There is a big thread about this issue here:

http://www.googletvforum.org/forum/...access-youtube-via-google-chrome-anymore.html

Last edited: Jun 27, 2013
  8. alan93

alan93 Member

Thanks for this info but how is the back up and restore accomplished?
    Details?

9. Travel

Travel Active Member

GoogleTV "Home" settings:> "Privacy & Safety"> scroll to the bottom; check the two boxes in "Backup & Restore"

Last edited: Jul 5, 2013
  10. CatfishRivers

Hi. Use Travel's explanation for restoring apps. When you do a factory rest it should ask you if you want your apps restored during the setup procedure.

Now for restoring bookmarks. Thanks to Carlszone for his post with the following explanation for syncing your GTV bookmarks to the cloud.. As Carl mentioned - make sure that you click on the account that you want to sync:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Thanks to a poster in the Web-nuts GTV group, I think I can explain the problem. As Norbert explains it in his excellent post, we actually have two Bookmark screens. If your account is properly synced you should see a bookmark screen that has an "Other Bookmarks" folder. Many will remember that when we first logged on this is the Bookmark screen we saw. But w/Factory resets and upgrades, this screen reverted back to the unsynced bookmark page. Remember, the Logitech Revue bookmarks are not saved to Google Bookmarks.

From Chrome>Settings>Google Chrome Sync>checkmark (Sync browser bookmarks w/your Google Acct)>Google Account (Select an Account to sync)>Choose Acct.

The obvious missing link has been clicking on each acct you want to sync.

Now you will see the screen that has the Other folder. You can now save sites to this page. Just go to sites and add yer bookmarks as you normally would. The other folder you can use for sites that you want separate from the main folder. For example I use it for Movies and Videos.

Now, you can also go back and forth from the synced bookmark page to the unsynced w/out loosing any of the synced sites. This is great for retrieving saved Favs and adding them to the synced page. Just remember to repeat the steps in settings.

So to recap: we have two Bookmark pages. One we will only see if the account is properly synced. Our bookmarks are NOT stored on Google Bookmarks! And you can use both pages as long as you make the necessary changes in Settings."

Last edited: Jul 5, 2013