Quantcast

Video: Yes That's A DLP Projector In My Tablet; Here's How It Looks

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by CatfishRivers, Jun 26, 2013.

1. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

Video: Yes, that?s a DLP projector in my tablet; here?s how it looks ? Tech News and Analysis (click for full article & video)

by Kevin C. Tofel - June 26, 2013

SUMMARY:
    How much can an integrated projector enhance tablet usage? More than I expected as the Texas Instruments DLP chip in a 7-inch slate makes for a big screen experience when it comes to viewing videos, pictures or the web.

-- "While a few mobile devices have sported an internal projector in the past, I've actually never used one. So I was intrigued when a review tablet with a DLP projector arrived at my home office. The SmartDevices U7, a budget 7-inch Android slate packs a pair of Texas Instruments components. TI's OMAP processor powers the tablet while the company's DLP chips are used for the projection feature."

Last edited: Jun 26, 2013
  2. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

Reports: SmartQ U7 tablet with built-in projector is a surprisingly decent video player - Liliputing (click for full article)

by Brad Linder - June 27, 2013

"Smart Devices introduced a 7 inch Android tablet with a built-in projector last year, and now that the SmartQ U7 is available in the US, a handful of reviews are starting to pop up. While the basic tablet specs are nothing to write home about, GigaOm's Kevin Tofel and TIME's Jared Newman both seem moderately impressed with the projector, which lets you mirror your tablet screen on a wall or ceiling - assuming you're in a relatively dimly lit room."