Quantcast

Video Will Not Play an Episode of Dallas from TNT website

Discussion in 'Sony Internet TV' started by Scotty13, Feb 20, 2013.

1. Scotty13

Scotty13 New Member

I try to watch an episode of Dallas from TNT website

And they want you access the video by logging into your local provider (AT&T U-verse) and that is far as I get. It will not play an episode on my TV. It will on desktop and laptop computers.

I spent over an hour on the phone and a tech came to my house from ATT, no luck. I’m able to watch other shows/episodes.

Is there a software I can download for free or even buy that will allow me to watch network videos? If so, please let me know.

Thank you,
    Scott Mosman

2. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

Did you try using the generic browser? I don't have cable service and can't check but if the generic browser doesn't work, it is likely TNT doesn't work with Google TV. To change to generic browser with Chrome running, menu>settings>advanced settings>under the hood>user agent. Quite a number of the networks are blocking Google TV or requiring a flash version not compatible with Google TV but I have no experience with TNT.

3. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

TNT and TBS no longer support Google TV. This is rather surprising to me because they were both original launch partners with Google TV. According to their web site they do not support the Chrome browser:

http://www.tntdrama.com/title/display/?oid=58586

From the TNT FAQ web page:

"Do I need a specific web browser (e.g. Internet Explorer, Netscape, Mozilla, etc.)?You can access this service using the following browsers:
    For Windows: Internet Explorer 6 or greater or Mozilla Firefox 2 or greater.
    For a Macintosh: Safari 3 or greater or Mozilla Firefox 2 or greater."

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Changing the user agent to generic does no good.

I suggest clicking the link in my sig (see below) for a lot of other network web sites that will work with GTV. (For many of the sites On my GTV Symbaloo webmix you need to change your GTV Chrome user agent to "generic").

Last edited: Feb 20, 2013
  4. Scotty13

Scotty13 New Member

Thank you both for the info. @CatfishRivers - Now I know why TNT episodes will not play and I can stop going crazy trying to figure it out.