Quantcast

Video Virus?

Discussion in 'Logitech Revue' started by chicha29, May 14, 2011.

1. chicha29

chicha29 New Member

i'm using the Logitech Revue. Today, I went to a number of websites with videos. I think the device has a virus now. I unplugged it and then reconnected it. But when I try to watch the same videos, they don't play. Would putting it back to the factory settings resolve the problem? How do I go about doing that?

I keep most of my bookmarks at www.google.com/bookmarks. I have about a dozen others on the bookmarks page of the Logitech Revue. If I reset the device to the factory settings, will I lose those dozen bookmarks?

2. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

Yes if you do a complete factory reset you will lose your bookmarks. You could email yourself the URLs of all your bookmarked sites in an email and save them that way. Have you also tried pressing CTRL+Alt+DEL on your keyboard?

3. chicha29

chicha29 New Member

What does pressing CTRL+Alt+Del do? If that doesn't work, how do you do a complete factory rest? Watching the streaming video on Russia Today and on Al-Jazeera seems to work fine. But short video clips which I have had saved in my bookmarks for over a year either show a blank screen or stop near halfway through the video.

4. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

CTRL+ALT+DEL does a soft reset. I use it whenever I get stuck on a page or I get the 'plug-in crash' message. It seems to reset the chrome browser. When you unplug your Revue that is called a hard reboot.

5. chicha29

chicha29 New Member

How do you go about e-mailing your bookmarks that are on the Revue all at once? I would just as soon keep all my bookmarks at www.google.com/bookmarks, but the Logitech Revue has its own separate bookmarks page. In the future, is there a convenient way to save URL's to www.google.com/bookmarks rather than to the Logitech Revue?